Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

I'm not having a dig at DG by saying he looks like he isn't enjoying it ..... Just an observation ....  I personally think that if you enjoy something then you can bounce back from the minor disappointments and set backs easier .... Would just be nice to see him smile when he scores, when something goes well, even a little smile at full time when his team has won. 

14 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I'm not having a dig at DG by saying he looks like he isn't enjoying it ..... Just an observation ....  I personally think that if you enjoy something then you can bounce back from the minor disappointments and set backs easier .... Would just be nice to see him smile when he scores, when something goes well, even a little smile at full time when his team has won. 

Rotarblades blew that magic smile away....

1 minute ago, dannythefox said:

I didnt you said don't rule out the fact he could go. 

I'd never let of him go, but it's also his decision. If Mahrez stays he won't be a starter unless the former blews it completely up.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-flier-demarai-gray-wants-11044421.amp

Demarai Gray wants Leicester to start him or sell him as Bournemouth are offering nearly £30million for the starlet.

Unsettled Gray hit out this summer after only making nine Premier League starts last term.

The skilful winger is desperate for more game-time after impressing for the England U21s this summer and in his first start in the League Cup this week.

But Gray, 21, has not broken into the Foxes' starting line-up in the Premier League despite fellow winger Riyad Mahrez asking to leave.

And this term boss Craig Shakespeare has only brought him on in the 88th and 89th minutes in City's first two League games.

It has left Gray hugely frustrated as Cherries chief Eddie Howe is offering him regular starts and a big pay-rise.

Leicester have rejected Bournemouth's interest , which MirrorSport understands has hit nearly £30m, including add-ons.

But despite this City are paying Gray only £25,000-a-week which is not in line with his rocketing valuation.

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Think we would do well to get 30m for him at this moment. Would be a bit disappointed though as I think he can still become very good, if he plays. 

Agree with both points, we could get the money, but we shouldn't sell.

Mahrez will be off this summer, Janurary, or next summer. He is a player who wants out and nothing will change that. We need to plan for that bu playing Gray in more games. He is great at running at players, skillful and has no fear. He needs to make a few better decisions though.

If we manage to keep Mahrez and sell Gray, Jan or next summer Mahrez will leave and we will be left looking for a winger and regardless of how much cash we have we won't be able to pull in anyone like the calibre of Gray or Mahrez are 

I'm sure we must have already tried to get him to sign a new deal.  Because of his age we can let his contract run down and still get a fee of sorts when he goes but will be nowhere near 20m +.

we have said we wont sell him so I think we tell him to sign a new deal or we keep him until his contract expires 

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The article there written by James Nursey who said "Gray has a £12m buy out clause", "Gray has a £22m buy out clause", "Gray has no buy out clause" in the space of about a month.

Aye.  And with literally zero quotations.  How do "journalists" get away with just making stuff up?  Mental really.  

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Aye.  And with literally zero quotations.  How do "journalists" get away with just making stuff up?  Mental really.  

Oi you cvnt ! ..  what happened to the little X after every post ? ...    :)

6 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

They can't reveal their sources.

I love how Bournemouth are 'apparently' happy to pay £30m for a player that has virtually achieved nothing and started a handful of games but Roma are only, after being pushed and pushed, willing to pay around £30m for a title winning, pfa winning balon d'or nominee.

8 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

I love how Bournemouth are 'apparently' happy to pay £30m for a player that has virtually achieved nothing and started a handful of games but Roma are only, after being pushed and pushed, willing to pay around £30m for a title winning, pfa winning balon d'or nominee.

Just shows how much money is in the premier league these days.

Let's take the 30 million :thumbup:

He's got potential BUT his head is in the clouds vs. where he actually is in reality, if we can bring in a player with 3/4 his skill and a much better attitude we'd be better off as a club. I think a move to Bournemouth would be a wake up call, it's the perfect move to prove yourself as a player - but alas i can see him being just like Jordan Ibe, ultimately bit-part because he's not as good as he thinks he is. If Gray was a hard-working guy always looking to improve his game then i'm sure he would actually already be starting by now, he'd have forced himself into that starting 11, he's been here enough - the fact is he thinks he's good enough now - and he's not, so sell.

With the right support to make his attitude positively more consistent and willing to put 100% for the team, he'll do excellently in his career given the above and also if he becomes less greedy.

Think he's with the best coaches in Shakespeare etc, who seem to genuinely care about the well-being of the team and to keep mentality strong.

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Whatever he's being paid it's a big upgrade to what he was on at Birmingham and he was very happy to sign the deal at the time so tough! 

I do have a certain amount of sympathy with him to the extent that he deserved more starts last season when Marhez wasn't performing but, if Marhez stays and performs and puts the effort in he did against Brighton then the best player gets the job until either performance or effort wanes.

Players like Gray need to learn that it's not all about them, once they sign a contract it's about the team. He needs to get his head down,  concentrate and if Marhez leaves or is dropped, make sure he's ready to take his chance.

He's on the cusp of breaking through. Next week we could get £50m or close to it for Mahrez. If not, then he has to work hard for a place in the side, and if he does so consistently it's not inconceivable that he could get ahead of Albrighton this season.

He isn't going to just walk into Bournemouth's starting XI and stay there if he doesn't put the effort in.

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

2 hours ago, Koke said:

They can't reveal their sources.

His last source was obvious and not made up. After Shakey had stated as far as he was aware no player now had a release clause when asked about Gray.

Be hard for any journo to claim he had a release clause.

Alot of Posters ,reckonning its an either or Debate.....

Point 1.   We should keep both!!!

Point 2.   I believe both Mahrez and Gray can play in the same Team...

Why weaken the squad,by thinking one must go...!!! We should be Holding our top players

Not releasing Them ....

He would do well to take a look at how those ahead of him play the winger role and then a good hard look at himself. I believe he has great potential, but he really has to apply himself much more, and consistently too, in order to be considered for a starting spot in my opinion. He couldn't really wish for better examples to learn from than Mahrez and Albrighton and if he could take the best from them and add in his own talent he will go right to the top.

5 hours ago, Bablemikey said:

He would do well to take a look at how those ahead of him play the winger role and then a good hard look at himself. I believe he has great potential, but he really has to apply himself much more, and consistently too, in order to be considered for a starting spot in my opinion. He couldn't really wish for better examples to learn from than Mahrez and Albrighton and if he could take the best from them and add in his own talent he will go right to the top.

Why do you presume he isnt doing that.

Alot of posters presume he needs a kick up the backside....why???

Much of the gossip is not his doing,but repetative presumption being tossed around

Archived