Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

I do hope the rumours (not just in this thread) about us signing Slimani for Mahrez' sake aren't true. If they are, then it's backfired (to a certain extent): Slimani being injured for a prolonged period of time due to a mysterious "groin" injury and Mahrez playing like he does not care (that often).

As already stated, I'd be a bit sad if he left, but you cannot afford to have unhappy players at the club, as it has consequences on the rest of the team and endangers team spirit.

If we get a replacement, it's got to be somebody of almost equivalent talent, but with a workrate that reflects the "Leicester Way" - or whatever you want to call our philosophy as of late.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

I do hope the rumours (not just in this thread) about us signing Slimani for Mahrez' sake aren't true. If they are, then it's backfired (to a certain extent): Slimani being injured for a prolonged period of time due to a mysterious "groin" injury and Mahrez playing like he does not care (that often).

As already stated, I'd be a bit sad if he left, but you cannot afford to have unhappy players at the club, as it has consequences on the rest of the team and endangers team spirit.

If we get a replacement, it's got to be somebody of almost equivalent talent, but with a workrate that reflects the "Leicester Way" - or whatever you want to call our philosophy as of late.

In the early stages of the season, it seemed like it worked though. Mahrez was linking up well with Slimani. Then there was the AFCON and Slim's injury spell that messed everything up. 

I will wish Mahrez all the best if he leaves. He doesn't owe us anything. He stayed with us last year and has been pivotal in our success over the last 3.5 years.

I hope he gets a great reception if he comes back against LCFC. He certainly deserves more respect than Kante who jumped shipped after just one season

Wish we hadn't been crap for half a season. If we'd set up like we are now all season we'd have been too 4 again and it would be us poaching players.

Ugh. There is simply no way Mahrez would go to Marseilles. It would be one of the worst move ever for his career. The Ligue 1 is one of the most boring leagues to watch, with poor, defensive minded teams set up to not lose rather than try to win. They despise the EL while doing shit in the CL (although this is slowly changing since the two or last seasons). I naturally don't include Monaco and the PSG.

Rather go to China. At least one can earn good money.

I still think there is a good chance to see him in a blue shirt next season, but those who think no one will come for him because of the shitty season he had in an underperforming team are in for a surprise.

4 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

The Ligue 1 is one of the most boring leagues to watch, with poor, defensive minded teams set up to not lose rather than try to win.

Well this isn't true. Ligue 1 has some of the best, exciting young talent in the world. Next season is going to be even better, because PSG, Monaco, Nice, Lyon & Marseille should all be challenging for the title. Also Lille could be up there next season too, because Bielsa is taking over.

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

He won't go to Spurs though, he's already earning more than players like Eriksen and Kane etc and he dosent suit poch's pressing style 

Why did he go for him in January then?

Spurs can afford to give him £100k.

Riyad Mahrez to Arsenal or Tottenham: Which transfer would be best for the Leicester star?

Comment from a Spurs fan on this article:

Paul Rideout

Is that even a serious question??! Why the hell would he want to go to a club in the descendency like Arsenal when he could play for a club who are now considered to have one of the best squads in the world, Spurs.
Like · Reply · 5 hrs

:blink:

18 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

probably angling to go arsenal his missus best friend is alex iwobis GF

The girls checked into top London nightclub DSTRKT

Mutton dressed as lamb, both could do better considering their wealth.

The one holding the phone rates in at a 6/10

The one in the black boots rates in at a below average 4.5/10

Still would with both  though, merely for the filth factor.

23 minutes ago, (.) (.) said:

Show us your missus so we can rate her

30 minutes ago, (.) (.) said:

I'm sure the two ladies will be delighted to know that 

40 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Ribery, Robben, Costa, Coman.. Can't see them spending £40m on a squad player 

Ribery at 34 years old, and Robben at 33 years old. It wouldn't be dumb of them to consider some replacements, even though Coman and Costa are up and coming players, they'd need additional options for rotation when Ribery and Robben hang up their boots. 

But yeah, I don't think the logical replacement would be Mahrez for them. Their wingers are so pacey, where as Mahrez isn't slow but isn't at their  level of pace either

Archived