Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

44 minutes ago, foxtillidrop said:

There is no quote in the article from the man himself - Mahrez.

He is Leicester through and through - I really wouldn't believe everything in the papers. Percy seems to be the only reliable journo when it comes to writing about LCFC.

This.

Until I hear a direct quote from Mahrez saying he want's to leave, it's all just a load of bollux...

11 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

If he leaves, could he take Slimani with him (as Mahrez was probably an important reason why he signed)? 

I think the team could even be strengthened by Mahrez leaving - Gray could start regularly and more funds for defensive replacements. He has only shown fleeting glimpses of what he is capable of this season; the time may have come for him to leave

Gray to replace Mahrez :nigel:

14 minutes ago, foxtillidrop said:

What makes someone Leicester through and through?

Agreed his body language isn't great at the minute but as a club we must mean a lot to Mahrez, even if he doesn't show it.

1.A player that has played a majority of his career for a club

King

Terry

Giggs

Gerard  

extreme examples

2. someone that isn't reported to have agreed to leave after winning the league, or asking to a year later

3, Why must we mean a lot to him??, he had a fantastic season was rewarded well for it but has failed to live up to last years standards, why would Mahrez be any different to Kante? The club are just his current employers 

15 minutes ago, floz said:

£30m? I don't think so. Last Summer saw Bolasie move for £25m. Mahrez is at least twice the player, so start your bidding at £50m. We got short changed for Kante and as Mahrez has no clause and we don't need to sell then, if he wants to go, it should be for top dollar. 

The Troy deeney saga also, £30m

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

King

Terry

Giggs

Gerard  

2. someone that isn't reported to have agreed to leave after winning the league, or asking to a year later

3, Why must we mean a lot to him??, he had a fantastic season was rewarded well for it but has failed to live up to last years standards, why would Mahrez be any different to Kante? The club are just his current employers 

Some of you need to read this and understand the mind of a pro footballer. They play football. They don't support our football club. There is plenty of evidence from journos close to both the club and the players agent that he wanted to leave last summer but we wouldn't allow it. 

If if he wants out (and seems likely he does) then I can't see how we can justify keeping him. An unhappy player will not be a productive one - make sure we build interest from several clubs and get a fee which reflects his talents - I think that will be 35/40m.

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Some of you need to read this and understand the mind of a pro footballer. They play football. They don't support our football club. There is plenty of evidence from journos close to both the club and the players agent that he wanted to leave last summer but we wouldn't allow it. 

If if he wants out (and seems likely he does) then I can't see how we can justify keeping him. An unhappy player will not be a productive one - make sure we build interest from several clubs and get a fee which reflects his talents - I think that will be 35/40m.

His body language and performances this season (other than champions league games) have been poor.

I suspect he will leave, i just hope its not to a premier league team.

Still just speculation but if he does want to leave it will be hard to stand in his way if a top club comes in for him. The same would apply to Kasper.

However our top players should not be allowed to go on the cheap.

A £40m fee should be the minimum we should expect for Mahrez when you consider the fees paid for Sterling, Stones, Mustafi, Xhaka, Batshuayi, Sissoko + others.

If a club wants to buy last seasons PFA player of the year then they should have to pay top dollar.

Other clubs are demanding up to £30m for the likes of Deeney, Keane, Gibson FFS!

6 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Still just speculation but if he does want to leave it will be hard to stand in his way if a top club comes in for him. The same would apply to Kasper.

However our top players should not be allowed to go on the cheap.

A £40m fee should be the minimum we should expect for Mahrez when you consider the fees paid for Sterling, Stones, Mustafi, Xhaka, Batshuayi, Sissoko + others.

If a club wants to buy last seasons PFA player of the year then they should have to pay top dollar.

Other clubs are demanding up to £30m for the likes of Deeney, Keane, Gibson FFS!

It's one thing demanding a fee but the reality is if Watford would have allowed deeney to leave we wouldn't have paid more than 20m for him. Similarly, Keane wouldn't have cost more than 15/18m and Gibson's fee will be inflated by the lack of decent English centre backs

if we have a gentlemans agreement re a move this summer then there must be some caveats re champions league club and a suitable fee. Arsenal were reported to have offered 35m last summer so it won't be less than that. Given that riyad is on 100k/week now, we are justified in putting a base of 40m on him. If only one club are interested then it shows that his stock isn't as high as we might think. If more, then we should be able to get the fee a bit higher. Suspect his agent will be going all out to keep the fee as low as possible so his s/o fee can be a big as possible! 

4 minutes ago, red5 said:

Like Leo did :unsure:

And what? I didn't hang onto the ground asking him to stay.

Anybody that wants to leave, can leave. Always felt the same.

Im at a point where im fine with selling  cuz loyalty is hard to come by these days. At the same time we shouldnt be fleeced into any deal for his liking. We do whats best for us not mahrez(seeing as he wants to leave)

You want to walk cool but we wont sell you for 20 or 25 mill to apease you or because clubs recognize we are in a bind and want to F us over with low bids.

I would also be more inclined to sell him abroad then to a competitor in the EPL.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

King

Terry

Giggs

Gerard  

extreme examples

The players you've mentioned supported there club and were succesful while Andy King isn't good enough to play for a top team anyway.

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

The players you've mentioned supported there club and were succesful while Andy King isn't good enough to play for a top team anyway.

regardless if his good enough to play he will be considered Leicester through and through, Mahrez at 26 will sign a 4-5 year deal with his next club if he leaves this club after 3 and a half years how can he be considered Leicester through and through

Archived