Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

21 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I genuinely believe Riyad is no where near consistent enough to be a regular starter at a big club. So the choice is his... remain a key player with us n become a club legend, or move n become a bit part player.

First of all, mahrez's already a club legend

Second of all, he gets slated every average/bad game in here, so its not like people in here are so forgiving (if you think the fans are harsh on mahrez in this forum, go take a look on twitter)

At least in a big club, he would be put in the best position to succeed so he only has himself to blame.

1 minute ago, the fox said:

First of all, mahrez's already a club legend

Second of all, he gets slated every average/bad game in here, so its not like people in here are so forgiving (if you think the fans are harsh on mahrez in this forum, go take a look on twitter)

At least in a big club, he would be put in the best position to succeed so he only has himself to blame.

The argument that "he won't start every game" is rubbish. If he messes up here and still plays every game, what motivation will he have to improve? At least if he's on the bench it'll give him a reason to improve. 

1 hour ago, Old Fox said:

I think you will find you are way off!

IF the owners feel he needs selling they will not give him away for £30m - it will be at least £45m to even be considered and they will attempt to get a sell on clause.....so many of our fans do not realise how special he is and how rare match winners like Riyad are.....we are quite likely not to see a player like him in a blue shirt for a long while.

Bit naive there, my friend. If he wants to go he will be gone... and teams will not offer top money for someone who wants out  and a player who does not want to be here could be bad for morale and  will only drop in value along with his performances as time goes on..  

if he was indeed told by Ranieri that he could go at the end of this season then it could be catastrophic to go back on that pledge...

13 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Do we? Aside from the Kante deal due to the clause, when else have we been screwed recently?

Agree with this & to be honest I don't think we give ourselves enough credit for holding onto our key players. There isn't many in the past say 5 years who I can say have had power over the club n got a move? 

Like you've stated if it weren't for the clause in Kante's contract we would of got at least £40m. 

If he does go thankyou very Much Riyad but let's hope we get a big fee for him and not let him go for peanuts as that's what if felt like with Kante ??

Im really hoping we've found a replacement for Riyad but If he stays I'd be happy but honestly can't see that happening !!

Let's be honest, in 30 years, no matter what happens between then and now, all Leicester City fans will talk about the yerr they had Kante and Mahrez at the top of their games and Vardy was the best striker in the Premier League. It was never going to last forever, I suppose the disappointing thing is we didn't kick on this year to keep things together for longer. I hope he stays but if he doesn't the guy will always be a legend for last season. Either way, the club needs to make sure it keeps building and going in the right direction so perhaps those conversations in 30 years will be looking back at how our golden years started rather than just looking back on our golden year. 

Three things:

His stock has fallen since last year.

He's under contract and we've got fairly stubborn owners.

We don't know what level of investment we're putting in this summer. We might sign enough to convince him we can get back in Europe.

I do think he'll probably go but I also don't think it's a foregone conclusion.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Three things:

We don't know what level of investment we're putting in this summer. We might sign enough to convince him we can get back in Europe.

Don't wade in here here with your lofty common sense approach to stuff.

£70 million or GTFO

We have had the best out of Mahrez in his career so far.

Can he get better than last season, I am not quite sure he can.

If we get a deal anywhere near 40 Million I would gladly take it.

Give young Gray a go, he has the speed and technique for sure.

Use the money plus any other we have to rebuild the midfield & defence.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Three things:

Hope he stays man.  Maybe the run at the end of the season is enough.  Shakey's post match comment of "he's our penalty taker for now" has me a little worried.  Really want him to stay...  He may be a bit down but some of the skill he showed today was sublime.  We are lucky to be seeing that in a City shirt.

2 hours ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

We have had the best out of Mahrez in his career so far.

Can he get better than last season, I am not quite sure he can.

If we get a deal anywhere near 40 Million I would gladly take it.

Give young Gray a go, he has the speed and technique for sure.

Use the money plus any other we have to rebuild the midfield & defence.

Gray showed today why he wasn't ready.  Needs to learn to release the ball quicker.  Maybe a run of games is what he needs but he's too greedy for a start at the moment.  I really don't want us to sell Riyad, I think he will be back on fire next season and if it's not in a City shirt, we'll regret it.  

Assume he's gone after that interview ? People can say inconsistent blah blah but the reason he stays on the pitch is cos he is like no one else we've ever had at the club. Magical player, the likes I only hope we see at this club again. Gray is a decent bring in but don't be kidding yourself defenders will be pooing them self as much as if we had Riyad on. Genius

He's going let's face it. He's top quality and we've been very lucky to see him play for us. He will be a massive hole to fill as we have no other player as creative. No idea how much we will get but not as much as I would hope I expect.

Despite all the posturing from Shakespeare if a player wants out they generally get their way these days.

He'd probably stay if we signed 4/5 QUALITY players but we will likely keep the core and continue to play hot potato.

That style has obviously been effective but

Mahrez is struggling with the burden of being the only one that likes to have the ball.

Archived