Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

10 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Ribery, Robben, Costa, Coman.. Can't see them spending £40m on a squad player 

Ribéry and Robben are both past their best and not getting any younger, plus there's rumours of Costa leaving - alongside Sanches.

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 15:38, les-tah said:

Show us your missus so we can rate her

I would but she would chop my balls off if she knew  I posted her pictures on a football forum.

Think the Mahrez possible transfer could be the awkward one over the summer.

Can't see the big boys coming in with a £50 million bid but they might come

in with say a cheeky £20 million bid which the club refuses and Riyad goes

into a sulk ( which we all know he is prone to do )

He came across as very human and clearly turning everything over in the way most of us would.

It may be he'll leave if we get the right offer but it's not impossible that Shakespeare could get the team to show some faith for another season and give him chance to get us back where we're provenly capable of going.

That may require a couple of good, early signings at least, together with the establishing of greater depth. Any interest from a Champions League side will be a threat but with Mahrez on a long-term contract, we're in a fairly strong position to remain strong either way.         

9 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I'd be annoyed if we got less than £40m 

Last seasons Mahrez I'd agree with you....

but his form has been indifferent this year ( marked out of the game, he is suggesting...) and if he announced that he wants to leave we'd struggle to get £30m for him....

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

but his form has been indifferent this year ( marked out of the game, he is suggesting...) and if he announced that he wants to leave we'd struggle to get £30m for him....

Then I wouldn't sell him, Everton signed Bolasie for £30m & Watford rejected £30m for Troy deeney. 

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

He said what a lot of people here are saying. Other teams aren't afraid of drinky, Marc and shinji and that's why he and vardy suffered.

its a tricky dilemma.

if we were to say, have someone similar to riyad on the other wing our midfield would probably fall apart. but with albrighton, we have a good balance between attack and defence.

He basically has set out what needs to be done. Can you blame him? He is tripled marked because of a trying hard fake number ten. If we want to keep and track real talent, we need set out to spend the money wisely and bring in the talent to compliment what we have not. He is trippled marked because the threat of others is not, well it's just not there. I hope we can convince him and we do not line up next year with Mahrez having to pick up the flack from having Okazaki on the pitch.

2 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Then I wouldn't sell him, Everton signed Bolasie for £30m & Watford rejected £30m for Troy deeney. 

Deeney wanted to stay so they were not under any pressure to take the offer... 

2 hours ago, MPH said:

I think you will find you are way off!

IF the owners feel he needs selling they will not give him away for £30m - it will be at least £45m to even be considered and they will attempt to get a sell on clause.....so many of our fans do not realise how special he is and how rare match winners like Riyad are.....we are quite likely not to see a player like him in a blue shirt for a long while.

i believe the owners will insist on players honouring contracts and ask for one big effort to break into the Top 4 again but I believe that may not have Shakey at the helm...they may test our faith again but they have got little wrong since buying us!

We arent the Champions anymore so next season he wont be marked the same way :)

I think he would struggle with the big clubs. He is afforded the chance to c0ck up with us and still start.  Won't happen at the big clubs.

Archived