Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

49 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Club should just come.out and say if you want our star players pay for them.

50 mill mahrez

50 mill vardy

50 mill kasper

50 mill drinkwater 

50 silimani 

150 mill Ndidi

People would think this is nuts but if clubs want them they would pay it if not we build for Europe and next season

If only life was that simple. If you block players like this, they won't be motivated to play. Also, buyout clauses ^^ (not sure who has them)

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Anybody that asks to leave can leave. Nobody is bigger than the club. Bye.

C'mon, FoxesTalk-- you're slipping. This should have been in the first five posts then repeated multiple times by now.

3 minutes ago, The_77 said:

C'mon, FoxesTalk-- you're slipping. This should have been in the first five posts then repeated multiple times by now.

I'll repeat it, just need to get this thread onto page two first.

Wants to compete for Silverware ... Spurs linked. Something doesn't add up there, why go to a club that has only won 2 league cups (1 of which should have been ours anyway) in the last 20 years? Better off playing for a club with a winning mentality, like Leicester City.

I don't understand why he would bother with a verbal agreement when he could have just put a release clause in the contract that he signed last summer? The club could have put it at £30 million which would only be active after the season ends and Mahrez still gets his money from the new contract. This way the club will still gain a chunk of money from his sale and Mahrez can be confident that a club will activate the clause. Seems a bit more certain then just having an agreement with the manager/owner.

There is no quote in the article from the man himself - Mahrez.

He is Leicester through and through - I really wouldn't believe everything in the papers. Percy seems to be the only reliable journo when it comes to writing about LCFC.

1 minute ago, foxtillidrop said:

There is no quote in the article from the man himself - Mahrez.

He is Leicester through and through - I really wouldn't believe everything in the papers. Percy seems to be the only reliable journo when it comes to writing about LCFC.

Been here since 2014, not exactly seemed happy this season

21 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Can't blame him, he has had a mediocre season after a spectacular one.  Another mediocre season, and he will lose the chance to play at a higher level.

If Ranieri genuinely made an agreement and that agreement doesn't mean his going at less than reasonable market value I think we're no less bound to honour it than if Ranieri were here.

Trust is as important in football as anywhere else  I know statements like "My Word Is My Bond" are a bit old fashioned and are something I'd rarely rely on from anyone outside of family that doesn't mean we should renege on our word and more especially now that Mahrez has contributed plenty by way of goals and assists towards saving our season.

Furthermore we've had ample time to research potential alternatives and therefore make best use of any money we get for the man.

Whatever his decision - stay or go  - I'd wish him the best simply for what he's done for us and the way he's done it on the football field because I seriously doubt we'd have achieved as much without him.

Not that I'm necessarily convinced  leaving would be his best option apart from the money because there's lots of excitement left in Leicester yet as evidenced by this latest strange season, which didn't see Mahrez nearly as impressive as in our title season, for whatever reasons.     .

Could we possibly find an alternative to improve on Mahrez this season? Frankly I doubt it - and certainly not from Gray at this early stage of his career (even if he stays as a squad member) but we might still get a valuable contributor. .

However, it won't be easy.

Mahrez has made 100 appearances, scored 27 goals, has 17 official assists and is reported as making 40 "big" chances. His shooting is 41% on target and he's supposedly never made an error at Leicester which resulted in a goal.

Those are impressive statistics for a winger, Basically he scores a goal every four games, records an assist every five games and creates significant scoring opportunities - however those are defined - on 40% of his outings.

Sherdan Shaqiri at Stoke, in comparison, has scored at roughly a goal every (just over) five games over his career with Basel, Bayern Munich and Stoke. 

And Willian has scored at roughly one goal every (just under) five games for his main clubs Chelsea and Shaktarl.

So we would need to spend wisely!  

9 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

He's appeared for us over 4 seasons which have incidentally been the greatest 4 seasons most of us will ever experience as LCFC fans.

Those LCFC players who have been with us since 13/14  (in the Championship) and who are still with us now are LCFC legends in my eyes. Each of those players has a special connection with the club - they have done the hard mileage on the pitch to achieve a miracle.

Frankly I'd be disappointed if Mahrez walked - we are on to something special under Shakey and I'm sure that both Riyad and Kasper are smart enough to realise this - the form table doesn't lie.

3 minutes ago, foxtillidrop said:

He's appeared for us over 4 seasons which have incidentally been the greatest 4 seasons most of us will ever experience as LCFC fans.

Those LCFC players who have been with us since 13/14  (in the Championship) and who are still with us now are LCFC legends in my eyes. Each of those players has a special connection with the club - they have done the hard mileage on the pitch to achieve a miracle.

Frankly I'd be disappointed if Mahrez walked - we are on to something special under Shakey and I'm sure that both Riyad and Kasper are smart enough to realise this - the form table doesn't lie.

The post was in response to his Leicester through and through, which he is clearly not

£30m? I don't think so. Last Summer saw Bolasie move for £25m. Mahrez is at least twice the player, so start your bidding at £50m. We got short changed for Kante and as Mahrez has no clause and we don't need to sell then, if he wants to go, it should be for top dollar. 

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

The post was in response to his Leicester through and through, which he is clearly not

What makes someone Leicester through and through?

Agreed his body language isn't great at the minute but as a club we must mean a lot to Mahrez, even if he doesn't show it.

If he leaves, could he take Slimani with him (as Mahrez was probably an important reason why he signed)? 

I think the team could even be strengthened by Mahrez leaving - Gray could start regularly and more funds for defensive replacements. He has only shown fleeting glimpses of what he is capable of this season; the time may have come for him to leave

Archived