Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

Why are there no big clubs after Sigurdsson? He flopped at Spurs. Takes a few decent set plays for Swansea and all of a sudden he's "twice the player" of Mahrez?? Unbelievable. 

I didn't say he's twice the player of Mahrez you demic,it was some buffoon saying Mahrez is worth double what siggurdson is,go back and have another try!  Over  3 seasons he's been better than Mahrez though,simple as that.Deal with it!

2 hours ago, Old Fox said:

Well I will bite - your deluded.

Mahrez has twice the talent of Sigurdsson - no debate in my book. I think a small minority of our fans do not know a top quality player when they see one and we have one of the best in our clubs history and some want him gone because he wants to better himself at a top club. We will be much weaker when or if he goes - no one is bigger than the club and I get fans being disappointed he wants to leave but to ridicule his talent and ability is bloody stupid.

£50m for Gylfi is over the top and would not bring enough for me and I personally am not that disappointed but losing Riyad will be difficult to replace. 

Yes but your books a joke book.

9 hours ago, Old Fox said:

Well I will bite - your deluded.

Mahrez has twice the talent of Sigurdsson - no debate in my book. I think a small minority of our fans do not know a top quality player when they see one and we have one of the best in our clubs history and some want him gone because he wants to better himself at a top club. We will be much weaker when or if he goes - no one is bigger than the club and I get fans being disappointed he wants to leave but to ridicule his talent and ability is bloody stupid.

£50m for Gylfi is over the top and would not bring enough for me and I personally am not that disappointed but losing Riyad will be difficult to replace. 

We would be weakened to lose Mahrez at his best but could well be strengthened to lose the Mahrez that's represented us for the last 12 months.

My main concern is not about losing Mahrez but in having a nailed on replacement. 

I don't see Gray as the answer so the problem is worrying...and it's not my only concern.  

9 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Do you think we will be ambitious and sign anyone else decent?

Not sure we seem seriously ambitious at all at the moment. We're being linked to quite ordinary players, don't seem to have people spotting hidden gems anymore and show no signs of developing our own. Even if we sign young Hirst we'll somehow neutralise his talent instead of involving and improving him properly. 

6 hours ago, bpfox said:

would rather spent 40m on CARVALHO, and i will be dirty if west ham get him for that price.

Hmm, he was tipped to go to top clubs for a few years now, yet the suitors have been reluctant to stump up cash for him.

What's the issue with him?

14 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

I didn't say he's twice the player of Mahrez you demic,it was some buffoon saying Mahrez is worth double what siggurdson is,go back and have another try!  Over  3 seasons he's been better than Mahrez though,simple as that.Deal with it!

Nobody said Mahrez is twice the player. I said up his asking price if Sigurdsson goes for that much and Rome think he's worth £31 million. If you think Sigurdsson is £15 mill better then you are dilluded. Also this great players do it all the time is bull.

Guest BlueBrett
3 hours ago, Thracian said:

Not sure we seem seriously ambitious at all at the moment. We're being linked to quite ordinary players, don't seem to have people spotting hidden gems anymore and show no signs of developing our own. Even if we sign young Hirst we'll somehow neutralise his talent instead of involving and improving him properly. 

Tempted to agree with this but then I wonder whether it could be an equally valid strat to go for guys like Townsend and Delph who are in need of redemption/resurrection. Turned out pretty well with Albrighton. Last chance for these types of players to remind everyone that they were considered prodigious talents once.

1 hour ago, motdsteve said:

Nobody said Mahrez is twice the player. I said up his asking price if Sigurdsson goes for that much and Rome think he's worth £31 million. If you think Sigurdsson is £15 mill better then you are dilluded. Also this great players do it all the time is bull.

Can't even be arsed with this post You need to read over again and iron out all the flaws you have created.yeah great players Always have a decent season and then go shit and lazy afterwards for a while. 

This thread should be locked and deleted. The digital signatures should be erased from everyone's cache and any servers that still retain the data should be burned to the ground and the ashes jettisoned into space.

It really has been a pointless thread for quite some time now. 

Archived