Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

15 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I just don't really understand why the owners don't want to aim bigger than Rudkin anyway.

If they want the dof / head coach model then surely getting a world class director of football / head of recruitment is just as important as a world class coach?

Someone with a depth of knowledge and contacts in the game, someone with a network of scouts all over the place, a proven track record of handling negotiations and bringing in players that have a record of doing well.

Rudkin was just the head of a pretty unproductive academy, he has no background in the sport whatsoever, no background in business, no nothing.

He's a failed footballer who did what a lot of failed footballers do and got in to teaching kids.

Slowly worked his way up from coaching the kids go being in charge of coaching the kids then somehow magically gets the dof role once Robinson is outed as a fraud.

It happens in a lot of businesses that have been scarred previously (like the robinson example)... they go for a safe, friendly option they can trust... i'd imagine that's what happened.

We need to show some determination over Sigurdsson and to convince him we have the ambition necessary to satisfy his own.  Everton are no bigger or better than us and have largely underperformed for years. 

Rudkin seems like a charmed man but if the boss trusts him that'll be the end of it so let's get the manager in place and get the various jobs sorted. Starting, I'd hope with Gyffi. And let's not piss about with the way e go about it. Proper offers, decent wages and personal attention in the way we go about it.        

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

It happens in a lot of businesses that have been scarred previously (like the robinson example)... they go for a safe, friendly option they can trust... i'd imagine that's what happened.

Says yes, carries their bags, tells them they're great.....They trust him.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Rudkin seems anonymous, even on here and exactly the same when I used to watch the Academy matches. He's not attracted a lot of compliments from the few who seem to know a bit about him but does that mean he's no good at the job he's been asked to do or might not fit in exactly with the role our owners want him to perform?.

Whatever else, Rudkin's been at the club a long time. He knows the set up from bottom to top, knows all the staff, the young players as well as the senior ones and is familiar with the rules, ways and means of organising most everything.

If our owners want an ear to the ground or someone who will soon know if something is amiss and who'd be prepared to say something to keep them informed then, brown nose or not - it would be hard to pick anyone inside the club to tick more boxes.

Such people rarely enjoy universal popularity but does that matter and would anyone else be more popular if fulfilling their function?

Administrator, Director or Football, right-hand man, however you choose to see the man he fits the part - and if the Thais have someone they know is loyal and committed to their cause then so much the better.

Trust and loyalty are big qualities, whatever the reason and the Thais will have noticed Rudkin being a part of this club since before they came - and not without achievements either. For all that we might have done better our Academy and its players have won a whole stack of awards both individually and collectively, are currently playing among the elite and, yes, they have provided some first teamers both here and for other clubs.

My point is that our owners choice is understandable, especially when placed alongside their usual sound judgement, and you don't have to like someone to respect their capabilities or their trustworthiness.      .            

48 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Rudkin seems anonymous, even on here and exactly the same when I used to watch the Academy matches. He's not attracted a lot of compliments from the few who seem to know a bit about him but does that mean he's no good at the job he's been asked to do or might not fit in exactly with the role our owners want him to perform?.

Whatever else, Rudkin's been at the club a long time. He knows the set up from bottom to top, knows all the staff, the young players as well as the senior ones and is familiar with the rules, ways and means of organising most everything.

If our owners want an ear to the ground or someone who will soon know if something is amiss and who'd be prepared to say something to keep them informed then, brown nose or not - it would be hard to pick anyone inside the club to tick more boxes.

Such people rarely enjoy universal popularity but does that matter and would anyone else be more popular if fulfilling their function?

Administrator, Director or Football, right-hand man, however you choose to see the man he fits the part - and if the Thais have someone they know is loyal and committed to their cause then so much the better.

Trust and loyalty are big qualities, whatever the reason and the Thais will have noticed Rudkin being a part of this club since before they came - and not without achievements either. For all that we might have done better our Academy and its players have won a whole stack of awards both individually and collectively, are currently playing among the elite and, yes, they have provided some first teamers both here and for other clubs.

My point is that our owners choice is understandable, especially when placed alongside their usual sound judgement, and you don't have to like someone to respect their capabilities or their trustworthiness.      .            

Ok rudders chill out lol 

and sign someone ffs

anyone...

8 minutes ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

Ok rudders chill out lol 

and sign someone ffs

anyone...

Haha I was playing Devil's Advocate. Didn't mean to give the impression I liked the bloke and don't think I've actually spoken to him.   

23 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Haha I was playing Devil's Advocate. Didn't mean to give the impression I liked the bloke and don't think I've actually spoken to him.   

I know mate, but it is odd isn't it?

I mean the dislike for the bloke.

I can't see how anyone can really blame him for the overpriced signings as surely the owner has final say, and he doesn't target potential signings- the scouting and managerial team do.

So I would love to know who the superstar signing who he failed to sign was.

Thats the story I'm going with.

The day messi messed with rudders at Rutland waters.

You heard it here first 

It feels like we struggle to complete any deal quickly and signing top drawer established players is not our strong point - apart from Cambiasso we don't seem able to attract these types!!

Oh for a Johan Cruyff rumour!

17 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

It feels like we struggle to complete any deal quickly and signing top drawer established players is not our strong point - apart from Cambiasso we don't seem able to attract these types!!

Oh for a Johan Cruyff rumour!

I agree, struggling to complete a deal quickly is the issue. We seem to drag our feet and allow someone else to dive in, offer the dosh and complete the deal. Get it done.

There was a comment after the January farce stating inside knowledge that the Foxes were one of the most incompetent and difficult setups to do buisiness with

I still feel strongly that whether Shakey gets the job or not a proper restructuring is urgently needed

I have little confidence in our ability to respond effectively to transfer targets 

21 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I just don't really understand why the owners don't want to aim bigger than Rudkin anyway.

If they want the dof / head coach model then surely getting a world class director of football / head of recruitment is just as important as a world class coach?

Someone with a depth of knowledge and contacts in the game, someone with a network of scouts all over the place, a proven track record of handling negotiations and bringing in players that have a record of doing well.

Rudkin was just the head of a pretty unproductive academy, he has no background in the sport whatsoever, no background in business, no nothing.

He's a failed footballer who did what a lot of failed footballers do and got in to teaching kids.

Slowly worked his way up from coaching the kids go being in charge of coaching the kids then somehow magically gets the dof role once Robinson is outed as a fraud.

Let's appoint Mino Raiola as our head of recruitment...

1 hour ago, smr said:

clicked onto this page to read about siggy and it's all rudkin instead, are we signing rudkin instead now? hopefully he's good at freekicks.

I've heard he is at least as good as Huth.

5 minutes ago, Adster said:

I love a good #RudkinOut thread.. :D

I do not want him out. I just want him to do his frigging job. #turdkingerimin

Archived