Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Bob Madley's comical errors for Mahrez Penalty.

5 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

I deleted the extra spaces, changed missed to ineligible and highlighted the key words. Perhaps it's easier to understand now?

Come off your high horse, no need to talk down to others. I ain't begging for your reply so, a level headed response would be much appreciated.

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

Come off your high horse, no need to talk down to others. I ain't begging for your reply so, a level headed response would be much appreciated.

Lol. But sore? Look, I posted a pretty detailed post, which included comments on their players in the box, you chose to ignore it, so come on, if you can't be bothered to read a post before commenting on it, then expect to have someone be a bit sarcastic back.

7 minutes ago, matty98 said:

People moaning about encroachment need to get over it, every team does it, including us. Madley made the right decision.

Not in the case of a disallowed penalty. When, if ever, was the last time a peno got disallowed for touching the ball twice after slipping over when there were 2 opposition players in the box. The ball went in the goal and It should have been re-taken because a law was broken when the penalty was taken, the officials don't know the rules for the organisation they work for.

As posted we will not change things but bottom line is the keeper was off the line before Mahrez hit the ball twice as were the 2 players encroaching so laws of the game dictate a retake of the kick. On a positive though it will miff Arsenal and we showed missing some key players we can still take on the big boys. Also we can all agree both Pep and Bobby M are both bellends

11 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

I thought Law 13 referred to free kicks, not penalty kicks.

Law 14 relates to penalty kicks.

The quote is from law 14

it's the positioning of the freekick you have to refer to law 13 for 

2 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Lol. But sore? Look, I posted a pretty detailed post, which included comments on their players in the box, you chose to ignore it, so come on, if you can't be bothered to read a post before commenting on it, then expect to have someone be a bit sarcastic back.

I did, my point is, the two players were inside the box before riyad took the pen, so, it should've been a retake.

You could be right about it not being a retake, but that's just my opinion, maybe if he missed, I would've agreed with you. But, he scored.

Following on from the same thing happening with griezemann earlier in the week, I suspect we may see a change in the rules on this if the ball goes in. If it's misses then it's sheer bad luck. 

the attacking side should not suffer a reversal of the decision in this way. It's simply unjust.

You can't blame Mahrez for slipping. That's ridiculous. However, had he not slipped, I think he would've missed ?

Hard luck story Story for us today. Let's smash them next year with a creativity right winger and a number ten who offers a bit more. Not far, these lot.

5 minutes ago, potter3 said:

Yeah? That's exactly why I quoted part of rule 14.

Ok mate, just have to agree to differ. If the kicker infringes the rules and the ball goes into the net, the referee is within his rights to order retake, according to Law 14. 

Later on it does go into detail about a second touch by the kicker, but this surely relates to a deliberate knocking the ball a couple of yards nearer goal then blasting it. And no outside agent involved.

The law was never about slipping and having a virtual simultaneous and accidental touch. 

Anyway, as already stated Mahrez did mess up and the game is over. 

Really, we having a go at a ref for making a correct decision because he might have not been looking directly at the incident  lol pretty sure the encroachment rule doesn't count in the case of a double contact as well but come on lol.

The only thing that was comical was the penalty taker himself

if you want get your knickers in a twist about something I'd have a look their first goal which should not have stood.

Archived