Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lgfualol

Musa loan to CSKA?

I agree with others in the thread, a loan move is pointless. Better to sell him for a loss and accept it didn't work out, or loan him to another Premier League club and see if he can adapt to the league as a final chance. Sometimes a transfer just doesn't work out, despite the best of intents. Kramaric is having a great season in Germany for Hoffenheim as an example, but he just couldn't do it for us. It happens!

Give him a pre-season and chances next season, we know he has the attributes and the individual pieces. Hopefully with a year's experience and a renewed confidence from a summer break he can show his worth, if not, then sell in Jan.

I haven't translated any of the article, so don't have a clue what it says, but it is quite a lengthy article with what seems to be suggestions on where he'd play in the CSKA line-up so can only imagine there's some merit in this link.

And to those saying the loan is pointless... it would free up a squad spot, reduce wage spend to a degree and if he's not part of plans, removes him from the teams overall energies + focus.

If then CSKA use him and he does well, there's a chance to recoup some money, where as there's no great sale value at the moment.

Guest CityFan 06

A loan move would probably be the best thing for him right now, he needs to get his confidence back. Ultimately, the player he was at CSKA Moscow hasn't been shown here, and for me a lot of that has been down to confidence. He's shown glimpses of it.

As many others here have mentioned, a loan would be pointless. 

I don't know if there's any truth about Vardy's link to Atletico (hopefully there's not), but if he hypothetically were to move, I would like to keep Musa on to try and fill the role Vardy brings. Though Musa may be a shit winger, and a shit Okazaki, I think he could still be a decent #9 in a counterattacking role. 

If Vardy stays though, I would like to see him moved to free up a spot for another striker in the summer that offers Leicester something different. No need for a poor version of Vardy, when we have the real thing. 

15 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

As many others here have mentioned, a loan would be pointless. 

I don't know if there's any truth about Vardy's link to Atletico (hopefully there's not), but if he hypothetically were to move, I would like to keep Musa on to try and fill the role Vardy brings. Though Musa may be a shit winger, and a shit Okazaki, I think he could still be a decent #9 in a counterattacking role. 

If Vardy stays though, I would like to see him moved to free up a spot for another striker in the summer that offers Leicester something different. No need for a poor version of Vardy, when we have the real thing. 

His best games have been at LM though? & you can see Musa getting 15 + goals then?

3 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

His best games have been at LM though? & you can see Musa getting 15 + goals then?

I personally wouldn't want him as a winger, because he doesn't cross or pass well enough. He's fast, and I think he can score if he got consistent playing time in Vardy's role (though it hasn't been proved at the premier league level.) The issue is that I don't think he'd convert as many goals as Vardy does from the same number of chances. So I'm not sure how many goals a season Musa would end up with. But could he chase down balls, pressure centerbacks, and beat people on the counter? Sure.

Just now, Detroit Blues said:

I personally wouldn't want him as a winger, because he doesn't cross or pass well enough. He's fast, and I think he can score if he got consistent playing time in Vardy's role (though it hasn't been proved at the premier league level.) The issue is that I don't think he'd convert as many goals as Vardy does from the same number of chances. So I'm not sure how many goals a season Musa would end up with. But could he chase down balls, pressure centerbacks, and beat people on the counter? Sure.

If we sold Vardy and Musa was his replacement, we deserve relegation. Musa is so weak it's frustrating.

Archived