Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Spurs Home Post Match 1-6 (SIX !!!)

11 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Not so much that he was terrible - we've had worse, and if I disliked all our players from 2004-2008 I'd never get anything done. Problem was more he didn't pull his weight, gave off the big bollocks prem loanee, came back then started giving the big one as if we were so ungrateful to have had his majesty in our side. 

You had a 19 year old that had just spent the first half of the season injured.

He doesn't drink or visit nightclubs, is with the same girlfriend he had from school age, great temperament too. Have you ever seen Kane doing the dirty things like Costa / Alli etc?

Regarding his now unusual lack of tattoos - I loved his response;

"My dad would never let me"

Top guy. Englands future top scorer and captain.

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

We have beat a lot of cannon fodder in that run... True, cannon fodder we should beat, but apart from Liverpool there's not a win against the top 8 in that run is there?

You can only beat what's in front of you - yes, it wasn't the hardest of runs of fixtures, but being top half and snatching 7th or so for Europe is achievable by dispatching the mid-table and relegation battlers and the odd win against a CL side. 

2 minutes ago, marbleman said:

when it was 4-1 you just knew it was going to be 6

No I didn't think we'd capitulate that badly.

2 minutes ago, Mampi said:

He doesn't drink or visit nightclubs, is with the same girlfriend he had from school age, great temperament too. Have you ever seen Kane doing the dirty things like Costa / Alli etc?

Kane's GOT a girlfriend???.. 

Bet she's with him purely for his good looks! 

Just now, Mampi said:

Injury would be an excuse if the issue was purely poor performances. If he'd just been shit for us and developed, fine - there are so many players that have been shit for us and I don't give a damn about. It's the attitude he gave when he came back our first season back up that did it for me. No respect.

Just now, chapero82 said:

I'm sorry but no way Shaky should get it! We need somebody better 

I've purposefully tried to stay as quiet on the subject as possible, because you all know how biased I was against Nigel's tenure and I didn't want to hold Craig's links to him, against him. However, I always had this fear in the back of my mind he could have a Sammy Lee moment. That happened tonight. I have nothing against him as a person - I think he's probably a really nice guy but I just don't think he is a long term fix for the manager's job. I would try and bust a gut to get in a new face, like Mancini (I know people will scoff, I say him but again, someone with some links/more experience) and try to reshape things. We have now reached a crossroads. We either carry on much the same way as we have done and whilst not forgetting the wonderful experiences of last year, go back to being a mid table top flight team, or really try to push on and achieve some more top 6 finishes (even if we never won the league again).

Just now, weller54 said:

Kane's GOT a girlfriend???.. 

Bet she's with him purely for his good looks! 

The media give her a tongue in cheek hard time for not being an underwear model.

To be fair I think she looks awkwardly like it could be his sister :S

That performance will haunt me for quite a while. They really need to put in a top performance on Sunday to help me eradicate that from the memory. 

Spurs are a top class team. Very impressed but we didn't half make it easy for them. 

8 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

A few months ago those "first choice centre backs" were called

"donkeys" and " crap" in this forum. Ranieri was castigated, week

after week, for playing them. But after CS took over, suddenly

Huth and Morgan, who haven't changed their way of playing CB,

became everybodys darling  and were hailed for their reliability.

Strange.

Well I wasn't one of them calling them, I stood up for them so chirp elsewhere fella.

First hour was fine. They were clearly on top but we competed at a reasonable standard. Heads dropped after their third went in. That was disappointing, I didn't expect that. Taking Benalouane and then Vardy off helped turn it into an atrocious night.

I'm prepared to mark this down as a one off. Expect we'll beat Bournemouth at the weekend.

Made the trip for this one. What was I thinking?!! 

Having a few pints now. Thinking about the championship, great escape, premier league title and champions league quarter-final softens the blow. Sing that Tottenham!!

Their forum would be shutdown for about 5 days if it happened to them. We'll have to take our medicine tonight. Grin and bear it lads.... 

9 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

You can only beat what's in front of you - yes, it wasn't the hardest of runs of fixtures, but being top half and snatching 7th or so for Europe is achievable by dispatching the mid-table and relegation battlers and the odd win against a CL side. 

Agreed... and we arguably won the league by doing that a bit too much for a season and a half! 

But it should 't detract from the fact, if we're not in tip, top shape - we suddenly become very, very average! 

1 minute ago, Blue ROI said:

Made the trip for this one. What was I thinking?!! 

Having a few pints now. Thinking about the championship, great escape, premier league title and champions league quarter-final softens the blow. Sing that Tottenham!!

Their forum would be shutdown for about 5 days if it happened to them. We'll have to take our medicine tonight. Grin and bear it lads.... 

I'll get the vaseline out! 

14 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

By side I assume you mean squad? With mostly our first choice line up we took 22 points from 10 games, these last two have come with a makeshift defence and missing our main CM. First choice lineup is arguably Europa league, overall squad is midtable.

Spurs were also playing  without two of their first choice

line-up: Eriksen and Rose.

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Agreed... and we arguably won the league by doing that a bit too much for a season and a half! 

But it should 't detract from the fact, if we're not in tip, top shape - we suddenly become very, very average! 

It doesn't - hence drawing the line between our first choice lineup (the 11 from last year with Ndidi in for Kante), and the 25 man squad. The former you could make a case for being around 6th/7th; couple of injuries, reliant on the latter and we're probably around 11th/12th

2 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Jesus Christ I nearly forgot Eriksen (in my opinion their best player) wasn't on the pitch. They well and truly outclassed us tonight, I'm staying away from all other social media to avoid getting wound up and just accepting defeat to a better side.

Just now, Struwwelpeter60 said:

53 cap international Son and Davies (124 prem appearances) vs a CB who was cast away with the kids until January and a 20 year old LB with 11 prem appearances. Their replacements are better than ours - that doesn't detract from the point that while we've got a good first choice lineup, our replacements are mid-table.

Archived