Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Spurs Home Post Match 1-6 (SIX !!!)

Some of the criticism for Kasper is unwarranted. Made some excellent saves first half which stopped it being double figures and then had literally no recognised CBs in front of him. Bizarre to pin the blame on him.

1 minute ago, Chester Dontlie said:

After todays game unsedated colonoscopy seems like a rather enjoyable experience

The only optimistic thing these ***** are still second... and they will most likely bottle their CL group

FFS!!!!!! I feel violated

Love the Analogy !! ??

It's evidence of a very poor pre-season in the recruitment department. We started well, however spurs knocked into second gear and pummelled us...obviously injuries haven't helped, however we brought on over £30m worth of "talent" and we looked even worse.

We've got to stop tip toeing around the transfer market trying to pick up these so called gems....if we want to tango with the big boys, then we need buy the best gear....

3 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Was it a Ranieri like meltdown? Wait, even under Ranieri we never got six in the basket. Did Shalkey mess up with subs or the were the players on holiday mode?

Anyway sell the fvckers. All of them.

Made our performances against United this seasom look like 1970 Brazil lol

Combination of everything you've said, really- lack of fight and some weird subs- our only CB being subbed for Gray was the highlight! 

Guest Danny Clender
32 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Haven't been this embarrassed since the Portsmouth game in 2009.

I Fear this may cost Shakey the job :(

Like you seriously mean that? provocation aside?

1 minute ago, spurs1980 said:

haha... no I'm serious though. This is as good as I've seen Spurs in my lifetime and it stings that we still haven't won anything. You can always point to your PL trophy

I think you may have moved to Wembley at the wrong time. You struggled in the CL, look at WHU this season. I also think you may struggle to keep Alli, Kane etc but if you do I can't see your team being without a trophy for much longer 

It's not the defeat that's important, its the manner of it.

It will be plastered across the papers tomorrow and it will make the owners think seriously about what they want to do.

It was actually the last thing the club needed at the moment

Anyone claiming that it doesn't matter... I simply don't agree.

I also don't agree that it was about players being played out of position. I wrote in another thread, we'll now see what we look like without Drinkwater in the side...

Enough said.

2 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Was it a Ranieri like meltdown? Wait, even under Ranieri we never got six in the basket. Did Shalkey mess up with subs or the were the players on holiday mode?

Anyway sell the fvckers. All of them.

Sadly, Shakey really lost it. He set us up far too negatively in the first half and then in the second half he decided we should face one of the best attacks in the league with 1 central midfielder, 5 forwards/wingers and no centre halves. 

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

Shakespeare picked tonight's side with one hand tied behind his back. The lack of depth in the squad was there for all to see. However, the performance won't go down well with the Owners, just the same as the Everton game when weakened. Personally, I think they'll be looking elsewhere for a Manager in the summer.

Depends whether they have already made their mind up before this game.

Shakespeare gets credit for keeping us up and progressing to the Quarter Finals of the Champions League. On that basis, they may want to give him the job. However, one could argue that he was Ranier's Assistant and should therefore carry some of the blame for the debacle in the early part of the season. If he had something about him, and wanted the best for the club, why didn't he convince Ranieri to change the tactics, or did he stay in the background to further his own ambitions.

Will the owners entrust him to go on a spending spree in the summer - possibly not. They may want the 'insurance' of a more higher profile Manager.

The Bournemouth game is key - a victory, and a good performance, may help Shakey. Anything else, and he's vulnerable.

1 minute ago, Callabinho said:

It's evidence of a very poor pre-season in the recruitment department. We started well, however spurs knocked into second gear and pummelled us...obviously injuries haven't helped, however we brought on over £30m worth of "talent" and we looked even worse.

We've got to stop tip toeing around the transfer market trying to pick up these so called gems....if we want to tango with the big boys, then we need buy the best gear....

Fox Leisure stuff, I like it

Guest Mee-9

That result has put me in such a foul mood.

After a hard day at work, I was so looking forward to watching that. 

****ing hell. 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

It's not the defeat that's important, its the manner of it.

It will be plastered across the papers tomorrow and it will make the owners think seriously about what they want to do.

It was actually the last thing the club needed at the moment

Anyone claiming that it doesn't matter... I simply don't agree.

I also don't agree that it was about players being played out of position. I wrote in another thread, we'll now see what we look like without Drinkwater in the side...

Enough said.

Amatey was class, with Cattermole, Mendy, And Wague, we will have a unstoppable force

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Some of the criticism for Kasper is unwarranted. Made some excellent saves first half which stopped it being double figures and then had literally no recognised CBs in front of him. Bizarre to pin the blame on him.

It was also the CM's in front of them mate. Ndidi and Amartey had no idea what Spurs were doing with the ball and with runners.

I don't exaggerate when I say it was like watching Sunday League standard.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

It was also the CM's in front of them mate. Ndidi and Amartey had no idea what Spurs were doing with the ball and with runners.

I don't exaggerate when I say it was like watching Sunday League standard.

Wanyama and Dembele are a class above. That Sissoko was shit but it didn't matter. I'd kill for a midfield like their's.

And they didn't even play Eriksen.. 

Guest Danny Clender

Excellent result at this stage of the season.

Utterly compelling reasons for new 2 x actual CB's, 1 x actual midfielder, 1 x actual striker, 1 x actual creative force. 

Archived