Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Spurs Home Post Match 1-6 (SIX !!!)

27 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The usual suspects will say that's not true, banging on about players being played out of position and other such stuff to deflect away from what was, ostensibly, an embarrassment.

I'm with you. A couple of injuries to key players and we are a pretty dreadful side actually. Today, we had no spine to the team. The usual CB's were out and our main CM was injured. This mattered. There was no leader on the pitch. No organization. The reality is that 6-1 could have been ten.

We need to invest in better and to offload some of the rubbish. At this level, it is exactly that. It's rubbish.

I agree. I've just thought, if Burnley played Spurs at home tonight and had say Hendrick, Keane and Mee out (their equivalent to what we had missing tonight), would they have lost 6-1? I certainly don't think that they would have. 

2 hours ago, Fox42 said:

Brighton at home back in 2014 springs to mind. We conceded three goals when we had no recognised CB in the squad. Cast it off and move on. 

Even that wasn't as bad as this though. Struggling to remember the last time we lost this heavily. And who indeed the manager was...

I know it's not quite the same scenario but if I may add a little perspective. Spurs lost 5-1 to a Newcastle team that had already been relegated last season. It happens. They were class today, we were a shambles at the back without our starters. As bad as it is right now to lose 6-1 at home, we can now get rid of the dross and move on.

3 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

Whether this meant nothing or not, f***** embarrassing. Massive clear out in the summer, this lot have had their day. Putting Mahrez centre mid as well... seriously?! We let 3 in 20 mins with him walking around. 

I've been a fan of Mahrez and defended him when he was slated but that ends today for me. I stopped watching after the 1st goal and also after watching Mahrez actually standing around with his positioning on the field one of the worst I had seen ever . Quite unbelievable! I have no doubt he is mentally shot and has zero confidence. Too bad, all that talent and all....

3 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

It's hardly surprising to see a lack of fight from some of these players, they didn't have any under Ranieri this season either. Yet he was the only one to actually lose his job. Is anyone going to acknowledge that some others need to be out the door as well?

Start with the lazy players. Then the shit ones. Then the recruitment team can do one. And then Shakespeare, who has pretty much invented tactical ineptness.

His main quality, arguably his only one, has been motivating the players. Tonight he didn't have that.

And sticking with Mahrez when he's been so poor and so lazy for so long is completely negligent. 

Of all the teams, of all the players to get thrashed by. Sickening.

I have to agree with you. My choice of players for next season are:

MUST: Schmeichel; Albrighton, Chillwell, Vardy, Ndidi, 

MAYBE: Fuchs, Drinky, Gray, Okasaki, 

OUT: everybody else!

So, it's a big gap...

What makes my blood boil is the lack of effort. You cant win them all and this season has been a reminder of that.

Im okay with  losing todays game because spurs showed just how much of a class team they are  (like it or not). They play nice football and bang in the goals. You cant hate on that. If you want to hate on kanes ugly mug so be it.  If you want to hate in them for last years silly antics  im ok with that (bell ends!). 

Maybe we should hate on our complete lack of effort and pride tonight.  Players should  be absolutely ashamed of that performance. 

I expect them to come out and show passion and try to demolish bournemouth on sunday because anything less is just not good enough.

Pull a finger or two out and play some fcking football lads.

Terrible performance but let's not forget how many injuries we have. 

The question is how weve been relatively injury free for 3 seasons, but picked up so many this season? Have we had any changes to our sport science department?

well that was depressing:(.

men vs boys

outplayed and outclassed

spurs getting some revenge and kane rubbing our noses in it.

after a bright start it became clear it was one of those games where the only way we were going to get a sniff if was the opposition made a mistake.

say goodbye to 8th place and hope we redeem ourselves in the next match.

well done to spurs, pissed all over us last night:blush:

Some of the reactions in this thread are so over the top. The whole point of getting up to 11th when we were staring relegation in the face is that you can afford to have an off day. 

An OFF DAY. That's all yesterday was. We all have them from time to time and a football club is no different. I'm glad some of you lot are not in charge! Jesus! 

Shakespeare to get the job full time 100%. 

Oh dear! Is there anywhere to hide after emerging from behind the sofa?

Perhaps I'm over reacting but I suspect that that may have inflicted some longer term damage to:

- players staying

- players joining

- Shakey's prospects

- perhaps even the owners view of the club (hopefully/probably not).

Might have been different if we hadn't switched off halfway through the 1st half and similarly in the second.

Perhaps naive of Shakey to go balls out attack towards the end, but if he hadn't we'd probably be moaning about lack of positivity (myself included). Just have to try to erase this one from the memory and bounce back for Sunday. Could still make a top half finish.

BTW, Was the support really as poor as it sounded on the tele? Apart from a few short periods all I could hear were the Spurs lot.

8 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Spuds season next year  champions league won't get out of their group

Premier League  bottle it again and being at Wembley will have stage fright  and end up around the bottom half of the table !!

Look I know there are rivalries probably going back as far as 1961, but I really think it's time we piped down a bit.

We have to accept that Spurs have a fantastic squad, most of their players would get in our first eleven, they did brilliantly to even give Chelsea the merest of scares in the second half of the season, and looked superb yesterday (notwithstanding our own lacklustre performance).

4 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

What makes my blood boil is the lack of effort. You cant win them all and this season has been a reminder of that.

Im okay with  losing todays game because spurs showed just how much of a class team they are  (like it or not). They play nice football and bang in the goals. You cant hate on that. If you want to hate on kanes ugly mug so be it.  If you want to hate in them for last years silly antics  im ok with that (bell ends!). 

Maybe we should hate on our complete lack of effort and pride tonight.  Players should  be absolutely ashamed of that performance. 

I expect them to come out and show passion and try to demolish bournemouth on sunday because anything less is just not good enough.

Pull a finger or two out and play some fcking football lads.

Exactly this. Perfect demonstration of the lack of effort from some last night was Okazaki before the second goal. He fell over (again) and then proceded to spend the next 30 seconds fiddling with his socks while the attack and goal went on around him. 

I honestly don't think Shakey is a full gone conclusion for the job. I don't know why, but something just says the owners have got it in them to surprise us all. 

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Some of the reactions in this thread are so over the top. The whole point of getting up to 11th when we were staring relegation in the face is that you can afford to have an off day. 

An OFF DAY. That's all yesterday was. We all have them from time to time and a football club is no different. I'm glad some of you lot are not in charge! Jesus! 

Shakespeare to get the job full time 100%. 

An off day? Seriously, some of these guys get paid 100k a week and they play maybe twice a week. There is absolutely NO reason for them to have an off day on a matchday. Lack of effort is just not acceptable. Don't get me wrong, through injuries and spurs playing really well we probably would have lost, however if our players showed the passion and commitment to trying to win then no one would begrudge them. This was the team from earlier on in the season make no mistake about it. Off day! ?

What's everyone getting in a mess for? 

We just played against the best side in the league, with a combination throughout the game of a right back, left back, midfielder and reserve defender at centre back. Spurs can smash 5 past you with your best 11 out. Plus we kinda 'went for it' instead of what should have been damage limitation, but oh well. 

Am I the only one who doesn't give a crap? 

Pleased to see the change at half time and the first fifteen of the second half promised a game. However, as I commented to the guy next to me, it was high stakes tactics and once the third went in, we fell apart. Reminiscent of Arsenal last season when we last got involved in a game of attacks v defences and we had RDL and JS at full back. This time we tried it without proper CB's!

poch made a tactical change just before 2-1 to nullify the space that chillwell was getting and thereafter they assumed control again. Shakey's response was to make further changes that unbalanced us even more. Naive I guess but at least we can't be accused of going all 'Tony pulls' to keep it tight !  People slamming riyad but putting him into the area covered by wanyama and dembele was a poor idea. He doesn't have the physicality to exist against two strongmen in that part of the pitch. 

at least any thoughts the owners may have that we didn't need two CB's this summer are now disposed with. 

Hey ho.......  off to a day of prods and pokes. Going to need that trophy lifting video to hand !!

In a couple of hours time my Spurs supporting colleague will doubtless have some banter ready. At which point I may ask how many PL Championships they have. And that they lost their last game of last season 5-1 to a relegated club. Didn't seem to do them too much damage for the following season.

1 minute ago, eastendfox said:

In a couple of hours time my Spurs supporting colleague will doubtless have some banter ready. At which point I may ask how many PL Championships they have. And that they lost their last game of last season 5-1 to a relegated club. Didn't seem to do them too much damage for the following season.

I'd wear your leicester shirt and tin hat today !!!

Archived