Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Spurs Home Post Match 1-6 (SIX !!!)

59 minutes ago, Sionnach gorm said:

Getting beat 6-1 was just crap.  We looked terrible.  The spurs handed our arses on a plate.  Sorry, but this is on Shakey.  Woeful subs, crap tactics and poor performances.  It is as though they didn't want to be there.  My confidence in Shakey has been shaken even more.  

Be more worried about the exodus of our best players in the summer.

And buying a load of crap.

People hammering Kane on here really need to have a word!!! lol

The guys been top scorer twice i think in a row now and bad attitude??? What bad additute...never see him in papers about his personal life or anything!

There hammering opposition players and there's talking shite!

We've just outspursed Spurs.

Embarrasing, pathetic.

So pissed off. They need to hang their heads in shame for that. Pathetic.

No one was up for that game, that goes for the fans aswell, that should have been 90 minutes of ripping the shit out of Tottenham, ok it was embarrassing tonight, we had no grounds whatsoever to rip the shit out of anyone but when the game started we could have but even from minute one it was like a morgue.

I could tear shreads out of individuals more than others but as they were all poor tonight I won't, not of them can come out with any credit.

And for the record (maybe I'm just being an Ostrich) I still really don't think Tottenham are that good, shows how bad we really were I guess.

I had a feeling it was going to be a bad night but I think I've seen us play worse this season and lose by a lot less.

Been up since 4am. Parked up got out the car and felt really light headed, nip to Gregg's on Narborough Road buy a pasty the contents of which could easily be declared as nuclear. Nipped into Mark Jarvis put two bets on 4-1 either way.

We didn't help ourselves tonight, defensively we were all over the shop. The fourth goal Chilwell and Amartey had the Spurs player penned in on the touchline and they somehow managed to give him an out down the touchline three passes later Son is banging it in.

Spurs are a very good side their passing game is instinctive and they have quality players. Tonight we turned up sing about coming third in a two horse race, their side turned up to smash us back to reality. They didn't ease up like a lot of teams do when three ahead they were out to make a point.

I bailed at 4-1 as I realised more goals were coming and there was no way I'd be collecting my £66 tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

You need to be careful making judgements of games at 2-0 down, because there will be a natural relaxing and drop of intensity for at least a period on the team in front and the response / urgency of the team behind can artificially turn the balance of the game for a bit. 

After the missed penalty, Manchester City were ultimately comfortable winners in the end weren't they? 

We as fans need to understand... we are no longer that good. Our side is a good mid table side, no more at this present time. What we can be next season, time will tell, but for now, that is our level.

By side I assume you mean squad? With mostly our first choice line up we took 22 points from 10 games, these last two have come with a makeshift defence and missing our main CM. First choice lineup is arguably Europa league, overall squad is midtable.

I won't overreact and I still hope Shakey gets it, but that was probably the biggest steaming lump of shit I've ever seen at home. As magnificent as Spurs were, the way we gave up after the third was disgusting. It goes to show what a crap squad we have behind 13/14 decent players. 

Absolute disaster from Shakespeare and the players. He didn't have much to work with but I didn't expect to concede 6 ****ing goals. Let's face it, it could've been double that.

Fair play to Spurs. They are getting better. I hear they've come second this year.

As for us well we'll finish more or less where we should. We are on a par with the likes of West Brom, Stoke and West Ham. I think a full season of Shaky would have still seen us in a similar position. Shaky deserves the job but we need to be realistic. Last season was unique. I'd bite your hand off now for a mid-table finish next season. We are a handful of wins above the relegated teams. At least tonight should have clearly shown the owners that the squad must improve, but not with silly money like last summer. We need to get scouting and find some good young talent; eleven like Ndidi would be a start. Need a good finish on Saturday and get as high as we can.

And Spurs you won't win the league next season and you won't win the Champions League. So Harry (Kane) it might be time to consider a move to a club that will. 

Go to a formation with three CBs and take off your only recognised CB on the pitch......No surprise we concede three goals in 20 mins. Could have been more.

Thanks Shakespeare but I think we need an another manager in the permanent position next year.

Literally all he tried to do to change the game was get as many attackers on the pitch as possible

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

I won't overreact and I still hope Shakey gets it, but that was probably the biggest steaming lump of shit I've ever seen at home. As magnificent as Spurs were, the way we gave up after the third was disgusting. It goes to show what a crap squad we have behind 13/14 decent players. 

Absolute disaster from Shakespeare and the players. He didn't have much to work with but I didn't expect to concede 6 ****ing goals. Let's face it, it could've been double that.

Well they didn't have their play-maker. We might have been hammered if they had.

13 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

He's still a twat. Score as many as he likes, that won't make up for his crap attitude. 

Come on. What crap attitude? You're clutching at straws here. Never gets into any troubles, his team mates love him and he's raved about by the supporters.

He's a world class finisher, you give him any room and he'll score. Terrific terrific footballer.

Harry Kane and a bad attitude now lollol I've never known a player get so much hate for apparently being shit for us. He was about 18 and Pearson played him on the wing for **** sake, he never had a chance! 

Bitter, bitter bastards on this forum. Spurs are quality and we needed that tonight, they're the benchmark in this league, forget Chelsea, Spurs are building a dynasty here if they keep that squad together, they'll walk the league next year if they all stay. 

We've been found out by aging players and nievety, we'll be okay, we just need some quality dotted around the squad. Keep Shakey in charge, give him free reign to sign who he wants and let's see what we end up with. We've got another season in the most lucrative league in the world, the only way HAS to be up. 

Just now, M0901 said:

Come on. What crap attitude? You're clutching at straws here. Never gets into any troubles, his team mates love him and he's raved about by the supporters.

He's a world class finisher, you give him any room and he'll score. Terrific terrific footballer.

Quote below on the other page - you can say his own fans and team mates like him, but if you want to see a value of a man, look at how he treats those outside his circle. 

Not so much that he was terrible - we've had worse, and if I disliked all our players from 2004-2008 I'd never get anything done. Problem was more he didn't pull his weight, gave off the big bollocks prem loanee, came back then started giving the big one as if we were so ungrateful to have had his majesty in our side. 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Don't forget, plenty of their goals were scored on the edge of our area. It hadn't even reached the defence! I said it right from the start..there was too much space between our shocking midfield and back four.

Wow, so there was a midfield? Didn't notice lol 

seriously tho, you're right I don't even think Amartey knew where he was supposed to be, his positioning and all round game helped neither defence or midfield.

All round poor performance from a fatigued, injury plagued squad but spurs were absolutely bang on it tonight with the same problems.

They showed our lack of strength throughout the squad and their depth.

But putting into context didn't Spurs get hammered 5-1 away to a relegated team on the last day last year?

Didnt do them much harm....

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

By side I assume you mean squad? With mostly our first choice line up we took 22 points from 10 games, these last two have come with a makeshift defence and missing our main CM. First choice lineup is arguably Europa league, overall squad is midtable.

We have beat a lot of cannon fodder in that run... True, cannon fodder we should beat, but apart from Liverpool there's not a win against the top 8 in that run is there?

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yeah I mean who could have predicted us losing to Man City and Spurs without both first choice centre backs.... but no, it's all about Drinkwater.

A few months ago those "first choice centre backs" were called

"donkeys" and " crap" in this forum. Ranieri was castigated, week

after week, for playing them. But after CS took over, suddenly

Huth and Morgan, who haven't changed their way of playing CB,

became everybodys darling  and were hailed for their reliability.

Strange.

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It's very difficult even for the most ardent Mahrez fan (like myself) to argue that he was anything other than non-existent tonight.

Save for about ten mins at the start of the second half, I swear he can't be the same bloke who won the player of the season last year.

It's like just because he scored 17 goals and got 11 assists last season you can't criticise him.

Anybody who's played as bad as he has this season deserves criticism, 6 goals this season and only 2 assists, for a guy who wants regular Champions League football that is fvcking shocking.

As you said Col, Player of the Season last season, this season he looks like one of those French rejects Newcastle tend to buy.

Archived