Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Spurs Home Post Match 1-6 (SIX !!!)

4 hours ago, NeilLCFC said:

Terrible performance but let's not forget how many injuries we have. 

The question is how weve been relatively injury free for 3 seasons, but picked up so many this season? Have we had any changes to our sport science department?

They've never had to deal with European football before. It's taken it's toll.

2 minutes ago, eastendfox said:

In a couple of hours time my Spurs supporting colleague will doubtless have some banter ready. At which point I may ask how many PL Championships they have. And that they lost their last game of last season 5-1 to a relegated club. Didn't seem to do them too much damage for the following season.

Ha! I  actually wished my colleague luck yesterday! Best way to do it, they can't make out of you're being sincere or sarcastic and now I can pretend I was being sincere if they try and brag "did you not hear me wish you luck yesterday? I'm happy for you, always knew we'd lose"

If we'd won

"told you you'd need a bit of luck to even get close to us"

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

Spurs have spent a lot of money. It's the net spend that is good because they've sold a lot of players.

£30m sissoko

£25m son

£12m wanyama

£15m Dembelle

£18m Jansan

£12m Lloris

£12m Erikson

£10m nkoudo

£14m Alderweireld

£12m N'jie

£11m Davies

£6m Alli

£6m wimmer

i could keep going but I'm bored, year after year of heavy investment. But they did brilliantly to keep getting their cash back on relative flops.

Excluding Sissoko, they all look like absolute bargains now.

7 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Excluding Sissoko, they all look like absolute bargains now.

All? I could pick out about £50m wasted money there even without him.

Lets not forget lots were signed quite a while back. £12m player back then probably costs you £25m now.

31 minutes ago, eastendfox said:

In a couple of hours time my Spurs supporting colleague will doubtless have some banter ready. At which point I may ask how many PL Championships they have. And that they lost their last game of last season 5-1 to a relegated club. Didn't seem to do them too much damage for the following season.

Same with me later the kids have got football tonight and one of the dad's is a big Spud fan but I'm sure I'll have the same welcome from him,think I'll pinch your reply and take anything on the chin he will be so annoying but I'll just give your great reply !!

??

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Lets not forget lots were signed quite a while back. £12m player back then probably costs you £25m now.

Well I'd did say now, but you're probably right. Jansen, plus not sure about Nkoudo, Njie, & Wimmer. Total 46m.

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They look a damn sight better than the rubbish we've accrued. 

:thumbup:

Amases me, the negative, also in the undertones....

Real perspective is needed here...

We in all departments has totally a poor Season where in contrast Spurs did improve theirs

Tonight you see from the n02 in PL, a beautiful masterclass of football, with their top striker,

bring a great performance with Him.Kane was a joy to watch.

I wouls still like to see Vardy and Kane playing together for England.

No my friends, this callous spiteful  hate towards this team and its players has to stop.

give credit where its due...Spurs rightly blew us away, and some of you there to witness one of the best

ever away displays at the KP.Chelsea and Spurs have been well above the pack.

lets see if , we this seaon can show appeciation where its earnt, like we expected last season.

Yehh the pundits seen and enjoyed  their teams,to be able  kick ass, of the also rans...

AND THEY fking did.  If we aint careful this forum will sink to spitefull "wicked sister" syndrome....

Our Leicester, our club, our squad, our Shakespeare, our owners, now have to look themselves and truth in

the mirror.

Claudio, owners didnt re-invest, when we were champions, now we have no extra reason why a top quality player

would or should sign for us.

Our ethos and character, can still be played on, but we do need a CM-boss, and quality he can feed.

If Mahrez did stay, we have to rweek our approach and style, he has to be given the run of the field

minus a high % of these stupid defensive duties....

Okazaki, love the guy......but, from his position we have to see more goals..10+ per season.

But the morning after such a match, get your kids to respect the opponents, and not to be indrained,

with "poor loser"  attitude.  Last night they would of witnessed a cracking side, a team I want my foxes

to aim for...

Perfect storm for a hammering: played a very good side, many injuries and a symbolic set of tactics. A mess all round. Shakey has done himself no favours. He played very cautiously against top sides recently but went gung ho yesterday, needs to find some middle ground. It's clear he's still learning.

Spurs are a great side and one of the youngest squads in the league. That team really should be picking up trophies. Wembley will screw them next year though and in 12 months both Manchester clubs may well have sorted themselves out.

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Amases me, the negative, also in the undertones....

Real perspective is needed here...

We in all departments has totally a poor Season where in contrast Spurs did improve theirs

Tonight you see from the n02 in PL, a beautiful masterclass of football, with their top striker,

bring a great performance with Him.Kane was a joy to watch.

I wouls still like to see Vardy and Kane playing together for England.

No my friends, this callous spiteful  hate towards this team and its players has to stop.

give credit where its due...Spurs rightly blew us away, and some of you there to witness one of the best

ever away displays at the KP.Chelsea and Spurs have been well above the pack.

lets see if , we this seaon can show appeciation where its earnt, like we expected last season.

Yehh the pundits seen and enjoyed  their teams,to be able  kick ass, of the also rans...

AND THEY fking did.  If we aint careful this forum will sink to spitefull "wicked sister" syndrome....

Our Leicester, our club, our squad, our Shakespeare, our owners, now have to look themselves and truth in

the mirror.

Claudio, owners didnt re-invest, when we were champions, now we have no extra reason why a top quality player

would or should sign for us.

Our ethos and character, can still be played on, but we do need a CM-boss, and quality he can feed.

If Mahrez did stay, we have to rweek our approach and style, he has to be given the run of the field

minus a high % of these stupid defensive duties....

Okazaki, love the guy......but, from his position we have to see more goals..10+ per season.

But the morning after such a match, get your kids to respect the opponents, and not to be indrained,

with "poor loser"  attitude.  Last night they would of witnessed a cracking side, a team I want my foxes

to aim for...

Nicely put after sleeping on it we were beaten by a better side for what ever reason we didn't turn up but we can't afford to do that Sunday, it was a damn bitter pill to swallow to be beaten that way and yes it hurt but we now need to regroup and pick up our shit and go into the final season heads held high and finish on a positive !!

7 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I agree. I've just thought, if Burnley played Spurs at home tonight and had say Hendrick, Keane and Mee out (their equivalent to what we had missing tonight), would they have lost 6-1? I certainly don't think that they would have. 

Only because Dyche probably wouldn't withdraw his defence and midfield for more wingers....  It was 2-1, we were giving them a fright. Third goal somewhat against the run of play. Shakespeare took off our only CB and went with one at cm. Anything that happened after that is not really a fair point of comparison - I would expect were not going to make a habit of ending matches with 4 full backs, 4 wingers, 1 CM and one striker. Would Burnley have lost 3-1 or so with a chunk of their spine missing? Probably.

Well, what a hangover. From the football that is.

First credit to Spurs who played well and were very clinical especially Kane of course who is an excellent goalscorer and deserves recognition on here for that despite his stupid tweets last year.

One incident that stands out for me from last night's game was the way Wanyama physically and skilfully pirouetted almost Wilf off the ball to take it and keep it. As good as Ndidi is and has been this season, it shows much to learn for him and for us.

Having said that Spurs were good, and no doubt for a neutral, enjoyable to watch, for the first fifteen minutes after the break until Chilly scored, we had them on the ropes and I felt we could go on and get something. They weren't Brazil 1970. Once they scored the third however, we collapsed in spectacular fashion and that for me was the most disappointing aspect. It was quite simply humiliating in many ways. Whilst not helped by the makeshift nature of the team and the changes made to try to get back into it,  we just capitulated. That was not expected.

Clearly we need some very judicious signings in the summer and strengthening in key positions otherwise talk of top 6 or better will be delusional and pie in the sky.

Better we got the wake up call again last night as painful as it was to realise the work that needs to be done. Hopefully some pride can be restored on Sunday with a win to end the season. 

Having slept on it, I think we need to get a bit of perspective.  It was a freakish match.  We were unusually (under Shakey) tired and lacking in drive and Spurs were on fire.  We then took a huge gamble at 3-1 which totally did not pay off.

I am not going to draw any other conclusions beyond that.  If you thought Shakey should get the job at 7.30pm last night, this is not evidence for a change of heart.  If you thought Ndidi had been one of the brightest young signings in years before kick-off, you are still right.

2 minutes ago, Leamington Fox said:

Having slept on it, I think we need to get a bit of perspective.  It was a freakish match.  We were unusually (under Shakey) tired and lacking in drive and Spurs were on fire.  We then took a huge gamble at 3-1 which totally did not pay off.

I am not going to draw any other conclusions beyond that.  If you thought Shakey should get the job at 7.30pm last night, this is not evidence for a change of heart.  If you thought Ndidi had been one of the brightest young signings in years before kick-off, you are still right.

To be fair, playing Amartey and Ndidi against Wanyama and Dembele was lambs to the slaughter. 

But we didn't have much choice.

In the summer, we DO have a choice. We cannot leave ourselves so lightweight in the squad to allow last night to happen again. 

Embarrasing result. Apart from 10 minutes at the start of each half, totally outplayed and outhought.

I could not understand all the substitutions. You dont get thumped 6-1 at home, does nothing to the confidence of the team.

Would rather lose keeping the scoreline respectable , rather than dabble with formation and no centre halves on the pitch.

Shakespeare showed tactical naivety last night.

38 minutes ago, perthfox said:

a lesson in football we where never in it,passing was awful compared to spurs as a city fan I can say spurs outplayed and out classed us on the night

Of course they did, and if we played them again on Sunday the same thing would happen.

They have much better players than we do, end of discussion. 

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Yeah, not sure how long we can keep relying on Vardy to score in the 442/4411 system. If we persist with this formation we really need someone better behind Vardy and more players capable of chipping in with goals. Shinji has 3 goals 1 assist in 1600 minutes. Imagine if we had Sigurdsson there.

Maybe I am just frustrated from last night but it is annoying that we seem light-years away from Spurs only one year after winning the league and finishing 11 points above them..

7 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Yeah, not sure how long we can keep relying on Vardy to score in the 442/4411 system. If we persist with this formation we really need someone better behind Vardy and more players capable of chipping in with goals. Shinji has 3 goals 1 assist in 1600 minutes. Imagine if we had Sigurdsson there.

Maybe I am just frustrated from last night but it is annoying that we seem light-years away from Spurs only one year after winning the league and finishing 11 points above them..

I think this is the thing. We need to take this opportunity to evolve. Last season was a freakish season, we can live in hope but it'll never be repeated, that was our everest. We buggered up with recruitment in the summer and may well do again this summer. We need to build a side capable of going toe to toe with the better teams and not getting completely smashed in the possession department as against the teams with clinical strikers, it will tell. Whether Shakespeare is the man to lead the evolution, well that's a tough decision, but we're in danger of getting stuck in the mud, although we were drowning in the mud only 3 months ago.

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Bang on , although Shinji is in there to let Mahrez do that. I like Mahrez, he is not interested in staying, and he totally disinterested now.

We are light years away from Spurs, they progressed, we have gone backwards, poor recruitment,

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

In the summer, we DO have a choice. We cannot leave ourselves so lightweight in the squad to allow last night to happen again. 

We lost FOUR cm's to injury, it's not leaving ourselves light in that area... it's just bloody unlucky to end up with nobody available.

Archived