Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Spurs Home Post Match 1-6 (SIX !!!)

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

It doesn't - hence drawing the line between our first choice lineup (the 11 from last year with Ndidi in for Kante), and the 25 man squad. The former you could make a case for being around 6th/7th; couple of injuries, reliant on the latter and we're probably around 11th/12th

And don't forget... when really crap we can be relegation standard! 

The clear danger with the way we play - you need everyone to be on it for it to fully work, if someone's not on the same page, it begins to look very, very, bad.

Tonight wasn't much different from the Chelsea and United games at home. We were battered in those as well.

13 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

I've purposefully tried to stay as quiet on the subject as possible, because you all know how biased I was against Nigel's tenure and I didn't want to hold Craig's links to him, against him. However, I always had this fear in the back of my mind he could have a Sammy Lee moment. That happened tonight. I have nothing against him as a person - I think he's probably a really nice guy but I just don't think he is a long term fix for the manager's job. I would try and bust a gut to get in a new face, like Mancini (I know people will scoff, I say him but again, someone with some links/more experience) and try to reshape things. We have now reached a crossroads. We either carry on much the same way as we have done and whilst not forgetting the wonderful experiences of last year, go back to being a mid table top flight team, or really try to push on and achieve some more top 6 finishes (even if we never won the league again).

I feel the exact same as you mate! If the owners do want to go top four again then we need a better manager who's is proven! Like Mancini, the last few games has shown the Shaky isn't really up to it!

He's done s great job keeping us up!

di Matteo did a great job at winning Chelsea the champions league but he's been a crap manager at everything else!

22 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

A few months ago those "first choice centre backs" were called

"donkeys" and " crap" in this forum. Ranieri was castigated, week

after week, for playing them. But after CS took over, suddenly

Huth and Morgan, who haven't changed their way of playing CB,

became everybodys darling  and were hailed for their reliability.

Strange.

Which pinpoints Ranieri's poor management this year. He tried to play limited players outside of their comfort zone. It's a good spot.

However, to get the best out of players limited in some aspects you have to ensure that they do the basics right, Benalouane trying back heels outside the box is ridiculous. Especially when himself and Fuchs have played together all of two games. We need at least two cb's in the summer.  

Just now, AmarteyAndChill said:

I thought we started well, but the injuries caught up with us& Spurs played very well. We need to move on to Sunday now.

The lack of a dominant CB completely killed us, the amount of chips that sailed over our cb's without challenge and getting totalled out muscled was laughable.

It looked to me like everyone gave up as they just knew the back line had no chance of keeping them out.

Serious lack of professionalism tonight from the entire team. Incredibly selfish play by most of the front 5/6 or god knows how many forwards who finished the game.

I think the owners will go for a high profile Manager they are driven by success thats their nature. I think Mancini would be ideal let him bring in own back room and build his own squad. I always thought it was only fair to give the players from last season the chance to play a season as champions and champions league football, but tonight showed us how out of our depth we are against a top side we looked a spent force they basically just walked all over us and their is no excuse for that. We've had three amazing season but it time to build a team that will finish in the  top 8 season in and out

12 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Spurs were also playing  without two of their first choice

line-up: Eriksen and Rose.

Trippier and Walker were out too. We started our biggest flop since Janssen... Sissoko RWB :S

3 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I feel the exact same as you mate! If the owners do want to go top four again then we need a better manager who's is proven! Like Mancini, the last few games has shown the Shaky isn't really up to it!

He's done s great job keeping us up!

di Matteo did a great job at winning Chelsea the champions league but he's been a crap manager at everything else!

Has anyone saying Mancini actually looked into what people thought of him at City. There were massive issues, you'll end up with another down tools situation from the players.

As for top 4, that's utterly delusional. Unless we match their wages and fees it isn't going to happen. It takes constant investment other than the odd freak season.

Even united and and Arsenal are struggling with that despite god knows how much invested in the some of the best managers and players around.

Maybe don't go for a spine of Amartey-Mahrez-Musa in the future! 

Was as always going to be ugly from then on. A shame as we looked really good with a 352 for 20 mins or so. 

Hope the the result doesn't stop shakey getting the job. Spurs are excellent and that was near enough our B team by the end. 

Not  the  first team of Leicester   Fatal injured players ,  some players not at  their  main posts , so not  embarrassing even spurs know they were  lucky , so  go over it, and match  to  forget 

Hope Shakespeare got  the job 

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Has anyone saying Mancini actually looked into what people thought of him at City. There were massive issues, you'll end up with another down tools situation from the players.

As for top 4, that's utterly delusional. Unless we match their wages and fees it isn't going to happen. It takes constant investment other than the odd freak season.

Even united and and Arsenal are struggling with that despite god knows how much invested in the some of the best managers and players around.

And how much has spurs spent? It's sll

about finding hungry players rather than great individuals like Man U and Arsenal sign 

I never watched this game, how lucky was i? It doesn't look good at any time of the season with any team of professionals to lose 6 goals in a game. However you shape it up thats an embarassment. It'll give the owners something to think about but seeing they are supposed to be making their long term appointment next week it has to be Shakey for the job. That gives me pause for concern.

The only thing I can say is that it exposed how light our squad is once three of four players are out. There can surely be no papering over the cracks after that. The squad needs investment and maybe that's hammered that point home. Am I seriously trying to find positives out of a 6-1 home defeat? 

2 minutes ago, Almo-Fox said:

Not  the  first team of Leicester   Fatal injured players ,  some players not at  their  main posts , so not  embarrassing even spurs know they were  lucky , so  go over it, and match  to  forget 

Hope Shakespeare got  the job 

What do you smoke? Please tell me.

Booze alone doesn't do the trick for me.

I still think we were awful tonight.

5 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

The only thing I can say is that it exposed how light our squad is once three of four players are out. There can surely be no papering over the cracks after that. The squad needs investment and maybe that's hammered that point home. Am I seriously trying to find positives out of a 6-1 home defeat? 

The usual suspects will say that's not true, banging on about players being played out of position and other such stuff to deflect away from what was, ostensibly, an embarrassment.

I'm with you. A couple of injuries to key players and we are a pretty dreadful side actually. Today, we had no spine to the team. The usual CB's were out and our main CM was injured. This mattered. There was no leader on the pitch. No organization. The reality is that 6-1 could have been ten.

We need to invest in better and to offload some of the rubbish. At this level, it is exactly that. It's rubbish.

They were excellent tbf. I think last year was a year too soon for them fortunately; they could well of pipped us with that squad having a years more experience and wanyama rampaging around in their midfield, and this year Chelsea have been outstanding, no doubt they will find another way to not win It next year as well. 

For us just a worry how dog we can look with a few players out, need to sign a centre half or possibly two in the summer we are basically forced into playing this formation at the minute and it doesn't always work, plus with no drinkwater, who himself had struggled for form this season, we are left massively wanting in midfield. Still, makes little difference if we go and do the job at the weekend.

Dont care who we were playing  and dont care what team we had out. 

YOU DONT LOSE 6-1 AT HOME TO ANYBODY!!!!!!!

Feel sorry for the fans that went tonight. The players should refund all tickets for tonight's  game. Totally unacceptable! 

Owners will be asking serious questions about Shakey now. 

If nothing else, this game proves we need to ship out all the crap and rebuild. And by all the crap, i also mean some of the regulars!

Only saving grace being that spurs  cant win the league. Would have been awful if this result had helped them to the title!

6 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

And how much has spurs spent? It's sll

about finding hungry players rather than great individuals like Man U and Arsenal sign 

Spurs have spent a lot of money. It's the net spend that is good because they've sold a lot of players.

£30m sissoko

£25m son

£12m wanyama

£15m Dembelle

£18m Jansan

£12m Lloris

£12m Erikson

£10m nkoudo

£14m Alderweireld

£12m N'jie

£11m Davies

£6m Alli

£6m wimmer

i could keep going but I'm bored, year after year of heavy investment. But they did brilliantly to keep getting their cash back on relative flops.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We need to invest in better and to offload some of the rubbish. At this level, it is exactly that. It's rubbish.

You are right, but I fear it won't happen.

Our owner's pockets are probably not deep

enough to lure top-drawer players to LCFC.

And Top has already found a new toy to play with.

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The usual suspects will say that's not true, banging on about players being played out of position and other such stuff to deflect away from what was, ostensibly, an embarrassment.

I'm with you. A couple of injuries to key players and we are a pretty dreadful side actually. Today, we had no spine to the team. The usual CB's were out and our main CM was injured. This mattered. There was no leader on the pitch. No organization. The reality is that 6-1 could have been ten.

Totally agree Rudkin has a lot to answer for 

3 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

You are right, but I fear it won't happen.

Our owner's pockets are probably not deep

enough to lure top-drawer players to LCFC.

And Top has already found a new toy to play with.

I don't know. The owners haven't let us down so far and there are plenty of players who I'd rate well above some of what we have now that would be realistic targets, I'd imagine.

This is one of the main reasons I'd want to keep Shakey on. I think he knows what his best team is and who to get rid of. And I reckon the type of player he'd want to recruit would be ones with Prem experience.

Archived