Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Spurs Home Post Match 1-6 (SIX !!!)

Worse home performance I have witnessed in over 40 years of watching Citeh. Make no mistake in the last ten minutes City had given up and the Spuds were taking pot shots at our goal and could easily have scored ten. I was at Sheffield and Newcastle when we conceded seven but this was far worse because our players had given up. They should all be ashamed, and sold into slavery and chained to their oars on the trireme that that buys them. Disgusted,, embarrassed and very upset. plus I need to tell my wife about her fruit bowl.

Just now, Col city fan said:

It was also the CM's in front of them mate. Ndidi and Amartey had no idea what Spurs were doing with the ball and with runners.

I don't exaggerate when I say it was like watching Sunday League standard.

Totally agree mate. Said a few posts back that Amartey in particular was appalling, there were times when he was looking solely at the ball and literally had no idea where his runners were. To be fair to the guy and to Ndidi, Spurs midfield 3 were just taking the piss in that first half and nothing was really done about it.

3 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

SPUDS WILL ALWAYS BE THE BOTTLING BRIDESMAIDS AND WILL NEVER BE CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND OH AND JAMIE VARDY DEFINATELY HAS WON MORE THAN YOU BUNCH OF BOTTLERS A PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION !!

Lol.

It's a shame we couldn't keep a clean sheet. Hugo will make these errors but fantastic keeper and captain - easily forgiven for some of the saves he makes.

Leicester players looked like our lot at the end of last season away to Newcastle. Poch has erased that attitude now and players look like they care about the club (regardless if they do or not). Leicester players tonight looked to me like they couldn't give 2 damns about the club.

If I were a Leicester fan, I think I would want Mahrez gone gone gone for as much money as possible.

See you at Wembley!

I've been more annoyed with crap and listless defeats at the likes of Doncaster, Barnsley, Ipswich etc because in material terms they meant something, this will mean we'll probably finish between 9th and 12th and I know the money argument will come into it but the middle of the league is so average that five points will separate about seven or eight teams. Finishing 8th would be finishing well below 7th rather than clinging on to the top sides.

But generally what we've built our recent progress on is hard work and being tough to play against, especially at home. In some ways the Man United defeat was worse because at least we had a meaningful shot tonight but 6-1 at home is a dreadful effort.

1 minute ago, Redouane said:

Watched the first 15 mins and the last 20.

Was Mahrez really that bad? He seemed pretty good in the first 15 minutes with that one-touch control and dribble to pass to Vardy.

What happened?

that was his whole match summed up

12 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Some of the criticism for Kasper is unwarranted. Made some excellent saves first half which stopped it being double figures and then had literally no recognised CBs in front of him. Bizarre to pin the blame on him.

what about the shots pinged from outside the box?

1 minute ago, Mampi said:

Lol.

It's a shame we couldn't keep a clean sheet. Hugo will make these errors but fantastic keeper and captain - easily forgiven for some of the saves he makes.

Leicester players looked like our lot at the end of last season away to Newcastle. Poch has erased that attitude now and players look like they care about the club (regardless if they do or not). Leicester players tonight looked to me like they couldn't give 2 damns about the club.

If I were a Leicester fan, I think I would want Mahrez gone gone gone for as much money as possible.

See you at Wembley!

I'm not over reacting about tonight. 1st half was very mediocre from us and the intensity wasn't really there. Ok, we've had a relentless few months digging ourselves out of certain relegation and the CL knockout stages but even with a depleted first team we were poor. 2nd half we went 3-4-1-2 and for 20 minutes looked spot on, actually enjoyed it and was pleased we were having one last push. It then all fell to pieces which is going to lead to a lot of wet fannies calling us a disgrace and that Shakespeare shouldn't get the gig permanently.

If on Sunday we are equally as bad then I will show some concern but given everything this team has achieved for us and picking themselves up from a horror few months under Ranieri, I've got no real vitriol for them tonight. 

Just now, ZeGuy said:

I'm so pissed off I'm not even mad. How's that possible?

Dont worry ...you are feeling comfortably numb. The pain will hit you when you wake up in the morning and the first thought that enters your head will be the scoreboard at the end of the match.

4 minutes ago, Mampi said:

Lol.

See you at Wembley!

Love your username.  Reminds me of this reggae track

6 minutes ago, sishades said:

Worse home performance I have witnessed in over 40 years of watching Citeh. Make no mistake in the last ten minutes City had given up and the Spuds were taking pot shots at our goal and could easily have scored ten. I was at Sheffield and Newcastle when we conceded seven but this was far worse because our players had given up. They should all be ashamed, and sold into slavery and chained to their oars on the trireme that that buys them. Disgusted,, embarrassed and very upset. plus I need to tell my wife about her fruit bowl.

I refuse to believe we haven't had worse than this... Barnsley comes to mind?

It's hardly surprising to see a lack of fight from some of these players, they didn't have any under Ranieri this season either. Yet he was the only one to actually lose his job. Is anyone going to acknowledge that some others need to be out the door as well?

Start with the lazy players. Then the shit ones. Then the recruitment team can do one. And then Shakespeare, who has pretty much invented tactical ineptness.

His main quality, arguably his only one, has been motivating the players. Tonight he didn't have that.

And sticking with Mahrez when he's been so poor and so lazy for so long is completely negligent. 

Of all the teams, of all the players to get thrashed by. Sickening.

Just now, Line-X said:

And how's that been going for you lately?

Not very well at all!

To be fair, we haven't been playing the likes of Watford and Burnley for example.

Chelsea 3 times, Man Utd, Monaco... (congratulations to them winning the French league too!)

It was always going to happen though, Spurs are quality at the best of times...and we came up against them limping today....we're not a good 'squad' we're good when playing in a certain way with certain players....maybe that needs to change....

Start with the lazy players. Then the shit ones. Then the recruitment team can do one. And then Shakespeare, who has pretty much invented tactical ineptness.

There would be noone left to turn off the lights..

Archived