Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

The Heat

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Love the sun, but today its not been too sunny and just HOT & sweaty. Sat outside reading FT with my morning coffee and within seconds was covered by these small black flies that are unbelievably irritating. 

Got into the car late afternoon to drive into Melton and temperature was 32 it usually goes down after a few mins but when i got into Melton it had risen to 33. 

Tonight is going to be be unbearable in bed :( 

You surprise me, Suzie.

I'd have thought that's just how you like it... :giggle:

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

I genuinely don't understand this thread. Beautiful day - intermittent cloud and a lovely breeze. Love it. In a country plagued by incessant leaden skies and rainfall, I'm relishing every day. Having spent extended periods in the perpetual summer of California I do love the seasonal variation in the UK. We lurched from a Siberian winter to a Mediterranean summer in space of a little under three months. 

This was hot. Death Valley - off the scale I think it was 128°C that day -

IMG_0654.thumb.JPG.4719cfa86c41543dd8fc572f4f64bba3.JPG

It really wasn't, mate.

Maybe Fahrenheit?

50 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Chilli pepper juice will stop you feeling sleepy, if that's any use to you. :bounce:

No use whatsoever, DT.

Just out of interest, are you supposed to drink it or slap it on your bollox?

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

I genuinely don't understand this thread. Beautiful day - intermittent cloud and a lovely breeze. Love it. In a country plagued by incessant leaden skies and rainfall, I'm relishing every day.

I'm with you mate, it's glorious. 

And I'm fair skinned and ginger :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

It really wasn't, mate.

Maybe Fahrenheit?

That's rather embarrassing Bucey particularly given a post grad qualification in Applied Meteorology and Climatology. Typo. 

Thank you for your elucidation. Yes °F. Perhaps that's why I don't feel the heat?

• Haha 1

Left the back door open tonight to let some air in. The biggest moth I've ever seen came into the house. It was the size of a bat. The missus and daughters screaming. I had to splat it, pick it up and chuck it out. Big insects creep me out as well.

Don't mind it but we could do with a day's respite at this point. I've only got one fan in the house and my daughter took it last night. I was awake until 5am. Woke up at 7am. Went online and out shopping and you can't buy a fan for love nor money - unless you want to spunk £350+ on a Dyson fan, which I don't.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

You can always tell who the workshy are, and those that don't have proper jobs, because they're the only ones actually enjoying the heatwave. :ph34r:

it’s just night time for me. done a few earlies in this heatwave and they would be almost sensational but you just can’t slee the night before. 

walking to work at about 5/6 when it’s hot but not sweltering and finishing by lunchtime to get out in the heat of the day for a pint is amazing. days off are great. even doing lates is fine, can enjoy the morning sun on the balcony. 

i just want a proper night’s sleep for the first time since about april. one that lasts more than 5 hours and doesn’t get interrupted by waking up having lost 90% of my bodily fluid through sweat. 

12 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

it’s just night time for me. done a few earlies in this heatwave and they would be almost sensational but you just can’t slee the night before. 

walking to work at about 5/6 when it’s hot but not sweltering and finishing by lunchtime to get out in the heat of the day for a pint is amazing. days off are great. even doing lates is fine, can enjoy the morning sun on the balcony. 

i just want a proper night’s sleep for the first time since about april. one that lasts more than 5 hours and doesn’t get interrupted by waking up having lost 90% of my bodily fluid through sweat. 

Had 15 pints Saturday, slept like a babe. It's all in the planning. 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Can’t wait for Winter I’d rather be too cold than hot. 

At least in winter you can control how hot you feel. Like this it's just permanently boiling.

I didn't mind this for a while but it's gotten too much now. How on earth anyone's enjoying this I've no idea. Horrible, muggy air. No sign of the end of it either.

11 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Had 15 pints Saturday, slept like a babe. It's all in the planning. 

haha, i did that a couple days like week and the day after was the hottest id ever been. think my blood was about 80% alcohol and i was sat still in an air conditioned office and i was dripping. 

theres just no fun in it being quite this hot constantly. it’s 12.30 and it’s 23 degrees or something. cba. 

10 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Can’t wait for Winter 

So FT can start another in the long line of fatuous threads? - this time complaining about the cold (as in a few months ago). And so it goes on.