Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

The Heat

17 hours ago, toddybad said:

Tbh it might still be hot here but my daughter isn't so I've got my fan back and I'm just chilling the f*** out in front of it, no cares, and no sh1t$ about a slightly red moon.

*I did actually wonder about the red moon thing, being an astrophysics graduate and all, but really the excitement is about one very small celestial object moving between another small one and an extremely average at best star, with the blues being separated from the reds. It's an occasion of pure mediocrity. Environmental science is providing many more wows these days. 

**jars, innit, obvs 

Well yeah, it's a pretty small astrophysical event in a very run of the mill solar system obvs, but then by that logic and all environmental science is even more mediocre as it is confined to our own very small and insignificant planet.

During this heatwave, did you know that by placing your genitals in the freezer for 5 minutes lowers your body temperature quicker than any other body part. 

It is also the quickest way to get a lifetime ban from Iceland.

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

No more watering plants for me !!!      Yesssssssssss !!!!!! ...     :)

I find watering the plants very enjoyable and therapeutic.

15 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Have start mowing the lawn again though.

There's always one ! ....   :angry:

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

I find watering the plants very enjoyable and therapeutic.

Yes, but it depends how many ...   and all the produce ...   and the new trees I've put in ...    

19 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Yesterday was hell, 35c in mid afternoon. It actually rained for ten minutes at 05.05hrs today, just as I was off to bed. It felt great. No further rain but it is windy, and cooler. :bounce:

I'm so glad it's cooler now, hopefully we will all get a better night's sleep tonight :)

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Just come back from holiday. The only clue as to how it's been are the dead frogs on the patio.

It's clearly not been the weather for amphibians. Will definitely include a pond/bog garden in my garden redesign

I know where there are some cheap newts that might be looking for a new home soon. :P 

Edited by Suzie the Fox

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

All those morning about the heat happy now it’s freezing cold, pissing down and blowing a gale? :rolleyes:

You have to laugh at the British, don't you?

Two days ago: "Oh, God, I can't stand this heat any longer - I just want it to rain..."

Today: "Fvcking rain - typical British Summer"

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

All those morning about the heat happy now it’s freezing cold, pissing down and blowing a gale? :rolleyes:

genuinely buzzing. it’s gonna be hot again in a day or two; this is a sensational break from it. 

kinda like being on the ale, a few days in a row and you know you’re having a boss time but jesus you’re excited for that day where you don’t have to hit it hard and stay in bed all day, before you get excited about it again and go again. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

genuinely buzzing. it’s gonna be hot again in a day or two; this is a sensational break from it. 

kinda like being on the ale, a few days in a row and you know you’re having a boss time but jesus you’re excited for that day where you don’t have to hit it hard and stay in bed all day, before you get excited about it again and go again. 

Gotta admit I’d never really thought about it like that before ...    :)

29 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

I didn't realise this was a requirement. :huh: