Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DatfoxesKid23

Tom Lawrence is one of Newcastle's "Top transfer targets"

I'd keep Tom Lawrence. I'd have him play as a no.10, which I understand is his preferred position. He'd be in my match day squad. He's clearly had a great season on loan, by all accounts, and he deserves some attention, and a season in the Prem, at Leicester.

wont happen though 

2 hours ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Loan him out for one more year. This will see if he can hack it in the prem. If he can then great, start using him in the 18/19 season, if not then im sure there'll be plenty of teams, at least in the championship, that will want him

He has one year left on his contract so it's crunch time. We either sell him or give him another contract and put him in the first team squad.

I'll let the powers that be decide what to do as I'm pretty sure no one on here knows how good he is compared to our other attacking options but that doesn't stop most having an opinion. :)

2 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Haha!

I just think it could be worth taking the risk. Why sell this summer for £10m when he could become a regular in the first-team squad and provide a positive contribution towards winning the League Cup, the FA Cup or finishing in a Europa League spot. If he can't get in the side, you might get £7-8m in Jan if he's worth £10m now (say if Newcastle, Brighton, or Palace are in trouble, perhaps).

I know there are a lot of ifs and buts but I just think it's worth giving him a shot, really.

No chance!

7-10m?

12 months left on his contract his value would be closer to between 2-3m

Does Tom Lawrence want to stay that's the question. Can play hard ball with Newcastle as we don't need to sell, if we want him to stay then I'd imagine a new contract would be in the offering. 

7 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Does Tom Lawrence want to stay that's the question. Can play hard ball with Newcastle as we don't need to sell, if we want him to stay then I'd imagine a new contract would be in the offering. 

Hed probably want some assurances about first team football... can we guarantee him first team football?

4 hours ago, themightyfin said:

No chance!

7-10m?

12 months left on his contract his value would be closer to between 2-3m

He's just got 11 goals and 11 assists in a poor Championship side last season from attacking midfield.

He's 23 and his pedigree is Man Utd academy.

We should be getting £5m - £10m for him with that profile.

A derisory offer of £2m -£3m should be rejected on the spot.

Last year of contract for some reason barely reflects the price. Look at Michael Keane still being valued at £25m, how much would he be valued at with three years left?

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

He's just got 11 goals and 11 assists in a poor Championship side last season from attacking midfield.

He's 23 and his pedigree is Man Utd academy.

We should be getting £5m - £10m for him with that profile.

A derisory offer of £2m -£3m should be rejected on the spot.

Last year of contract for some reason barely reflects the price. Look at Michael Keane still being valued at £25m, how much would he be valued at with three years left?

We shouldn't even be considering price tags. We should be keeping him.

16 hours ago, Tuna said:

Put it this way, suppose he is an actual contracted Ipswich Town player. He has had a good season and has been noticed for it, you'd be looking at 10 million to sign him in today's market.

He deserves a chance within the first team setup here and I'm afraid if we cannot see that I wonder what's going on.

I agree - his form at the same level as Gray's when we signed him. 

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He looks a quality player and maybe the answer to our goals from midfield problems. Give him a new contract and bring him into the Squad.

Yep ...   now all we need is a manager to sort it out ...     

Keep him. 

We're talking about an international player (I'm sure) who can cover CM,CAM,LW and Striker positions and can has bags of talent.

Something else to consider is this, what message does letting him move on send to our academy players/future academy players? He has done everything asked of him. Performed for our youth teams, went out on loan and been one of the best players in his league.... Not only has he earned it but if we want to keep being able to attract young up and coming players, we have to show them that they stand a chance of progressing here. 

Archived