Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

How refreshing. Wolves lost and it's all gone quiet on the Western Front. :ph34r:

Cardiff and Ipswich continue to be an early surprise package. Underwhelming squad, little money, yet four straight wins.

Edited by MC Prussian

Guest FriendlyRam

I frigging dread playing neil warnock sides, a right bunch of cloggers most of his teams, and when your a good footballing side you tend to come unstuck against his lot.

Nugent was brilliant today :) cant believe we benched him for the first 2 games for martin,, him and vydra look a handful together. Lawrence will settle in eventually, rowett slowly bringing in him i feel, came on for the last 20 and did ok :).

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Chris Wood likely to join Burnley for £15m.

Massive loss for Leeds, if you ask me. They've got nobody even close to replace him up front.

£15mill off the back of one good Championship season. Mental.

Only just got home! I actually go to games you know [emoji6]

Ugh. A really flat performance from us today with none of the spark we've had in the first three games. Poor first touches, sloppy possession and not much cutting edge. All of this wasn't helped by, surprise surprise, a bunch of dirty niggly wankers very much in their manager's image, who'd clearly been told to try and bully us out of the game. Loads of off the ball physicality, body checks, and niggly fouls which amazingly the absolute **** of a ref let them get away with all game. Utterly inept refereeing performance. The worst was an elbow to Saiss's throat which the ref wasn't even going to give a free kick for but for the player screaming so loud you could hear it all round the ground. Should have been a straight red.

In fairness to Cardiff they played some alright stuff and Zohore was a handful. Even though we were poor we weren't outplayed and both their goals came from really poor defensive mistakes which were unusual from us.

I'm not worried just because of one below par performance and a dogshit referee. 9 pts from 12 after playing Boro, Derby, Hull and Cardiff is still a great return.

I'm just annoyed that we didn't perform well enough today and lost to that **** Warnock and his dirty tactics.

14 hours ago, FriendlyRam said:

I frigging dread playing neil warnock sides, a right bunch of cloggers most of his teams, and when your a good footballing side you tend to come unstuck against his lot.

Nugent was brilliant today :) cant believe we benched him for the first 2 games for martin,, him and vydra look a handful together. Lawrence will settle in eventually, rowett slowly bringing in him i feel, came on for the last 20 and did ok :).

Why on earth would Rowett bench Nuge for Martin?

Chuffed Leeds won, what a start for Ipswich and Cardiff

Guest FriendlyRam
3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Why on earth would Rowett bench Nuge for Martin?

Chuffed Leeds won, what a start for Ipswich and Cardiff

I think he wanted a hold up forward in martin because we were trying to play a similar style to 2013/14,, but i think rowett quickly learned martin just isnt that good lol. Nuge was scoring goals last season alongside vydra, we look far better already with nuge in the side.

1 minute ago, FriendlyRam said:

I think he wanted a hold up forward in martin because we were trying to play a similar style to 2013/14,, but i think rowett quickly learned martin just isnt that good lol. Nuge was scoring goals last season alongside vydra, we look far better already with nuge in the side.

Thats cus he's a class player Friendly and you're lucky to have him.   Will always have fond memories of the Nuge.

8 minutes ago, FriendlyRam said:

A lot of Leicester fans couldn't understand that we were better with him in the side either.

Similar to Okazaki. It's more the sum of the parts, he is the perfect Vardy partner. Not the greatest player in the world but he allows the rest of the team to carry on with their jobs.