Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

12 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Is Wood ready for the step up to the prem? Certainly proven himself as a very good Championship striker the past few years 

He scores from the 6 yard box and the penalty spot. If a team can find a way to get the ball that deep he'll find a way to put it in but I don't think he's as dynamic as his goal totals suggest.

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

He scores from the 6 yard box and the penalty spot. If a team can find a way to get the ball that deep he'll find a way to put it in but I don't think he's as dynamic as his goal totals suggest.

So. That's what strikers do.

His goal today was great. Van Nistelrooy would've been proud of it.

Edited by Fox92

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Must be getting in good positions to bag all these goals 

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

So. That's what strikers do.

His goal today was great. Van Nistelrooy would've been proud of it.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Must be getting in good positions to bag all these goals 

What I'm saying is he'll get many less opportunities to score the way he does in the Prem. It's much harder to get the ball that deep for him to be there to put it in. He'll go from 30 goals to I think struggling to put in 10.

Leeds look very good going forward, but the defensive aspect suffered when Berardi had to be taken off the pitch with that shoulder injury) and Pennington had to go.

And their replacement centre-back from Reading did himself no favours with that stupid shirt-pulling. Made everything much more complicated for Leeds from thereon, they were in parts lucky to cling onto that one-goal lead.

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Leeds winning but, as expected, Bolton don't look any good. 

Don't see how they're going to score goals with their strikeforce. Looks very mediocre.

Guest FriendlyRam

Wolves looked solid and once they gel i can see them being difficult to stop tbh,, they didnt beat much today mind, i find it hard how you can screw it up as weve done since 13/14 :( ,, we looked dreadful today, no threat up top at all, cant see where the creativity is coming from to even attempt to score goals,, butterfield has to be the worst 5m quid signing ever ffs, sideways and backwards and hes our "creative spark"... long long season ahead :(.

Guest FriendlyRam

Florest will finish above us this season :(

Youve got a pretty good team this season, bear, definitely going to be up there imo

Florest will finish above us this season [emoji20]

Youve got a pretty good team this season, bear, definitely going to be up there imo

Indeed. We've had the toughest start of anyone in the league, beating Boro and Derby without conceding a goal, and all without our best player and top scorer from last season (Costa). Plus we're still after another top striker, being linked with Oliveira, Gray, Rhodes, and hopefully Gayle once Newcastle bring in another striker. We'll be very hard to stop once those pieces fall into place. I'm amazed the media haven't picked up on us in a bigger way yet.

Though weirdly Harry Redknapp at the end of his post-match conference yesterday said "Wolves will be good this year. Watch Wolves."

12 hours ago, FriendlyRam said:

Florest will finish above us this season :(

I actually think appointing Rowett was a mistake. Maybe I'm wrong, but he seems to work best at hard working underdog clubs who are happy to shithouse their way to result after result, rather than Derby where there is a weight of expectation and players who are capable of more expansive attacking football. He's too defensive, thaat's why I didn't want him at LCFC.

I could be wrong and he could be building up a solid defence before making you more fluid in attack. But I have my doubts. Either way, you should be in playoff contention all season.