Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

Yeah playoffs absolute minimum now really give our investment. Another big signing up front and I'd put some money on us for top two, but at the minute I'm not sure.

Like you say we could start slowly, especially with Boro, Derby and Hull as our first three games and lots of new players, system and manager to bed in. We should keep getting better through the season though like Reading last year.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Yeah playoffs absolute minimum now really give our investment. Another big signing up front and I'd put some money on us for too two, but at the minute I'm not sure.

Like you say we could start slowly, especially with Boro, Derby and Hull as our first three games and lots of new players, system and manager to bed in. We should keep getting better through the season though like Reading last year.

Top two is a big ask with the likes of Reading and Wednesday and Fulham coming off good seasons, as well as Norwich and Middlesbrough who will be strong. Then you've got Villa and Hull. Still wouldn't count you out though!

15 hours ago, The Bear said:

Definitely won't be easy. But with the attacking talent we now have plus a good striker, we'd stand a chance.

Reckon you'll be an entertaining side clocking up more 4-2 type scores than grinding out 1-0 wins?

Seems be a real lack of entertaining teams in english football these days.

Start your engines ...   its about to kick off !

To go up :

Villa  (Bruce at the helm and Terry to lead on the pitch).

Boro  (Assombalonga and Howson show they mean business).

Direby fookin cvnty  :mad: ....    those tw@ts can't keep messing it up and I've got a lot of time for Rowett ...   but will the team man up.

Possibles .. :  Brum (Redknapp influence), Fulham (very steady), and Reading (Jaap is getting the hang of it).

Would be surprised if I didn't get 2 out of 3 right and nailed on it will be 3 out of the 6 I've mentioned.

Get your money on ! ...   :)

Reckon it'll be one of the closest leagues in seasons.

Up to about 15 clubs are able to compete for the top-six - but hoping the 'lower-budget' sides such as Brentford, Cardiff and Bristol City give it a good go and mix things up a bit.

Hoping Millwall start a good season by beating Forest tomorrow.

Would be quite hilarious tbh if Wolves didn't make the top 3 with what they've signed.

You can't even guarantee with a club having John Terry as defender and presumably captain as well to thrive in his league. The unpredictability of this league is why in some way, in terms of entertainment value, I prefer it over the Premier League.

Guest FriendlyRam

Id be happy with a point tomorrow, our record at sunderland isnt good and itd just be typical with the problems they have backfiring on us.

Sometimes a crisis like theres brings them together and they start firing, siege mentality etc.

ESPN will broadcast live games from the English Football League in the United States this season.  BAMTech, of which ESPN is a minority owner, reached a deal this week to acquire the U.S. rights to the games in the second, third and fourth divisions of English football -- the Championship, League One and League Two -- as well as the Carabao Cup, the newly rebranded league cup.

ESPN then reached a separate agreement with BAMTech to air the games, which will primarily be shown on digital platforms through WatchESPN, ESPN3 and the ESPN App.

http://www.espnfc.us/english-league-championship/story/3171545/espn-to-broadcast-english-football-league-games-in-us-this-season

Sunderland v sheep will be the first match to stream.

10 hours ago, FriendlyRam said:

Id be happy with a point tomorrow, our record at sunderland isnt good and itd just be typical with the problems they have backfiring on us.

Sometimes a crisis like theres brings them together and they start firing, siege mentality etc.

I think you'll win by at least 3 goals, siege mentality or not. You'll have toughened up under Rowett