Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2017/18 U23s, Development, U19s etc

Ive been saying this for a long time about the coaches and yth development structure but everyone always seems to just take the 'lazy' way out and blame the players! 

Would you give the finest quality ingredients to an untalented chef and expect him to make a great meal...????

• Like 1

It's never pretty viewing watching them play. They were decent to watch at the soccer 7s though. 

Is it the plan to play in this way or is it just the limited coaches? With the hot potato football and long balls, it seems like they're trying to get them ready for our first team.

44 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

It's never pretty viewing watching them play. They were decent to watch at the soccer 7s though. 

Is it the plan to play in this way or is it just the limited coaches? With the hot potato football and long balls, it seems like they're trying to get them ready for our first team.

Yeah they were amazing in HK, probably because they were so much fitter than everyone else they could just steamroll the opposition with their intensity.

I'm sure I read somewhere that getting them to play a similar style to the first team was indeed the plan.

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Isn't that the whole point ?

No point in playing like Barcelona in the U23's if you are going to play a totally different way in the first team set up surely ?

Being able to control a ball and pass it remain a constant no matter what style of play you adopt

1 hour ago, ramadaone said:

No point in playing like Barcelona in the U23's if you are going to play a totally different way in the first team set up surely ?

Being able to control a ball and pass it remain a constant no matter what style of play you adopt

Sucks for the players when they inevitably leave the academy and only know hoof ball lol

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ramadaone said:

Dont worry mate..........I dont think there's too much danger of the U23s playing like Barcelona!! 

If the aim is to play like the first team, might help if they actually selected a formation with 2 wide midfield players.......or am i over-complicating this??????

https://twitter.com/PLYouth/status/898146560147689474/photo/1

Leicester City’s Development Squad have discovered their group stage opponents for the 2017/18 Premier League Cup.

More on this story...

PL2 Preview: City Face Champions Everton
- The Foxes missed out on reaching the knockout stages of the competition last season
- Fixture dates, kick-off times and ticket information will be confirmed on LCFC.com in due course

City will contest Group F fixtures against PL2 champions Everton and Sky Bet Championship side Barnsley while the winners of a qualifying clash between Portsmouth and Southend United also await.

I was really miffed that this wasn't on tv. I'd misunderstood LCFC's mail when they said all u23's games to be televised on the LCFC site. I thought all meant all and I was looking forward to a season following the u23's team.

Reading the match on an Everton site is not the same.

Choudhury again sounded like he had a good game and the Everton site were very complimentary about Johnson who I believe was in at CB last night. I guess with Moore going to Belgium he'll probably play that position now.

We sounded good, but who knows when you are relying on someone else's report. These games should get the clubs online tv sites going.

Off to see if LCFC has highlights up yet.