Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grantham Fox

European Football 17/18

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Everton's summer business has been massively overrated. An average team for me. I seen some peole suggesting they'd challenge the top 4. 

most their signings are good signings (although they overpaid for most, but who didn't). keane, pickford, sandro (maybe) klassen etc are all good young players but it's too many to introduce all at one. 

and they just sold their match winner and didn't get another match winner so they aren't gonna win many matches. 

scored 2 goals all season (both rooney) and they've only had like 5 shots on target all season or something. 

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

most their signings are good signings (although they overpaid for most, but who didn't). keane, pickford, sandro (maybe) klassen etc are all good young players but it's too many to introduce all at one. 

and they just sold their match winner and didn't get another match winner so they aren't gonna win many matches. 

scored 2 goals all season (both rooney) and they've only had like 5 shots on target all season or something. 

+ Koeman is a pretty boring manager

The likes of Everton whom do well to qualify for Europe only to throw it away year after year frustrate me so much. I'd be livid if/when we qualify for the Europa League if we were to rest player and clearly not give two s***s. Same goes for Stoke, Southampton, West Ham and every other club who have done exactly the same over the past few years. 

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

The likes of Everton whom do well to qualify for Europe only to throw it away year after year frustrate me so much. I'd be livid if/when we qualify for the Europa League if we were to rest player and clearly not give two s***s. Same goes for Stoke, Southampton, West Ham and every other club who have done exactly the same over the past few years. 

Stoke reached the third round didn't they? I agree about West Ham and Southampton.

I know we had an easier group last season but just glad we came away with some memories and victories.

11 hours ago, Corky said:

Stoke reached the third round didn't they? I agree about West Ham and Southampton.

I know we had an easier group last season but just glad we came away with some memories and victories.

Yeah but then fielded a second rate side when only being a goal down in the second leg - don't think they were in particular domestic peril at the time either.

Definitely, more than made up for our last, albeit unfortunate, forays into Europe!  

15 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Makes you wonder why clubs even bother trying to get into Europe when they just treat it with distain when they're in it.

Just look what Man Utd did last season, focused on winning it and did now they're in the Champions League even though for 9 months they didn't do enough to get their in the league.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

What am I missing? Karma for what? A teenager deserves four months out for wanting to sign for one of the biggest clubs in the world?

You mean by forcing his way out of a running contract, trying to hold his previous club ransom?

I wish Dembélé a speedy recovery, but some Schadenfreude is in order, particularly following his behaviour towards Borussia Dortmund (going on a strike, misssing training, aso).

In parts, I feel for the lad. Victim of an blinded parent and greedy agents.

Then again, he's a millionaire. He'll be able to cope.

Pietro Pellegri becomes the youngest player in Serie A ever to record two goals in the same match:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/sep/18/genoas-pietro-pellegri-sets-serie-a-record-sparking-tears-and-transfer-talk

32051Genova__30_04_2017_Serie_A_Genoa_Ch

Almost 6'4'' at the age of 16. Imagine what he'll be like at 20. :D

Edited by MC Prussian

17 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Pietro Pellegri becomes the youngest player in Serie A ever to record two goals in the same match:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/sep/18/genoas-pietro-pellegri-sets-serie-a-record-sparking-tears-and-transfer-talk

32051Genova__30_04_2017_Serie_A_Genoa_Ch

Almost 6'4'' at the age of 16. Imagine what he'll be like at 20. :D

Could be wrong, but I think I saw a link that showed his dad, the Genoa Assistant Manager, in tears in the dugout when he scored. Looks a prospect.

Reading about the Cavani/Neymar bustup, I can't help but feel sorry for Cavani and the rest of the PSG boys. Neymar has a licence to do literally what the f*** he wants and they can do nothing about it. Can see that dressing room becoming very divided.