Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grantham Fox

European Football 17/18

2 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Goretzka going to Bayern, top player in there making there.

It'll be interesting how the German lads Bayern have brought in do against meaningful opposition this year (ie. Europe). Sule, Goretzka, Rudy and Gnabry off the top of my head.

Source?

According to latest reports, his fate is still not sealed, as Arsenal are also interested. And Schalke have said they are planning with Goretzka for the upcoming season.

He's also suffered an injury in training on Wednesday, keeping him sidelined for a few more weeks. Doubt teams will go in for him now.

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Source?

According to latest reports, his fate is still not sealed, as Arsenal are also interested. And Schalke have said they are planning with Goretzka for the upcoming season.

He's also suffered an injury in training on Wednesday, keeping him sidelined for a few more weeks. Doubt teams will go in for him now.

Raphael Honigstein. The bit I missed was to join in summer 2018, which makes sense based on Schalke's comments.

10 hours ago, AjcW said:

Yep....

O.....K.....

As an aside, Sevilla have also secured Denmark's captain Simon Kjær. Be interesting to see how he fares there. I imagine he would struggle quite a bit.

Barcelona have confirmed that Neymar will join PSG.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40800757

I have no clue how the Parisians are going to cope with FFP with this transfer, it seems mathematically impossible - unless they offload a lot of high earners at once.

I'm sure the Sheikhs will find a way, though. :ph34r:

I assume, given Barcelona needed to "approve" the transfer despite PSG allegedly meeting his buyout clause, that its not a simple cash up front deal. 

I imagine it's installments over the next few years to help both clubs with FFP, tbh. 

Barcelona don't desperately need the money right away, having it staggered over the next few years could help them out. 

It's retarded though. Surely PSG are better served buying two or three world class players than one flagship talent. 

I assume, given Barcelona needed to "approve" the transfer despite PSG allegedly meeting his buyout clause, that its not a simple cash up front deal. 

I imagine it's installments over the next few years to help both clubs with FFP, tbh. 

Barcelona don't desperately need the money right away, having it staggered over the next few years could help them out. 

It's retarded though. Surely PSG are better served buying two or three world class players than one flagship talent. 
There were reports of Neymar being played 300m as a sort of World Cup ambassador so he can buy himself out of the contract. The money wouldn't be coming from PSG directly so...

Also this is definitely great for PSG. They will be able to attract so much better talent now to build a team around Neymar.

8 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Neymar should well and truly take the piss in that league. A class above doesn't even begin to cut it tbh 

They don't really give a shit about the league though. 

The rest of Europe have done them a favour dismantling Monaco, they just want to focus on the CL. 

I feel sorry for all other 19 Ligue 1 sides already, there will be hardly any competition for PSG now with the start of the 17/18 season. lol

Monaco are about to lose or have lost half their squad, and I can't see Lyon getting anywhere near Paris... Marseille could surprise a few and end up 2nd and I think Nice will do well, too.