Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Adrien Silva

5 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/tottenham-leicester-city-lead-complete-signing-summer/

There’s more wishful thinking from the Portuguese press on Sunday, at least it seems that way. Once again, Sporting midfielder Adrien Silva is described as a player nearing the Sporting exit, and once again Tottenham and Leicester City are in the thick of it.

Portuguese newspaper Corrieo da Manha report that Leicester and Tottenham are ‘in the lead’ to sign Adrien from Sporting this summer.

IMG_0528.PNG

tottenham haven't got enough money to increase the wages for their own players let alone buy other players

ITKs might be able to shed a bit more light on this, but I thought it was a done deal.last summer with Silva publicly announcing it...only for their chairman to block the move?

Would be a marked change to our transfer policy if we didn't go back in for him.

2 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

ITKs might be able to shed a bit more light on this, but I thought it was a done deal.last summer with Silva publicly announcing it...only for their chairman to block the move?

Would be a marked change to our transfer policy if we didn't go back in for him.

Although looking at our rumoured targets so far this window, we seem to be going more for players with Premier league experience, which would be a marked change to our transfer policy from recent times.

14 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Although looking at our rumoured targets so far this window, we seem to be going more for players with Premier league experience, which would be a marked change to our transfer policy from recent times.

It's not, it's been our policy to get quite a few with experience of our league, it was our aim last year but we got priced out of it or couldn't get them done (Deeney, Keane).

Much like last year, he's a terrific player who would be super excting to have in the team. However, if I could only choose between Sigurdsson and Silva, I'd go for Sigurdsson as I feel that the number 10 position is the one area that could clearly be improved for us, even though I love Shinji to bits. With fewer games to play this season, Drinkwater and Ndidi should be less tired.

That said I feel that havng Silva in the team would stop us hoofing the ball so much, which we are guilty of at times.

8 minutes ago, somebum said:

Don't know why a Football Manager handheld screenshot was placed into the article, cringeable. Anyway, if this bloke was any good, he would not be festering in the Portuguese league at 27.

It's an ongoing poke of fun at lower leagues using it for actual scouting, nothing serious mate, have a beer.

Just now, SheppyFox said:

It's an ongoing poke of fun at lower leagues using it for actual scouting, nothing serious mate, have a beer.

Stopped drinking mate, but anyway, yeah sorry I didn't see the parody

2 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

If we couldn't get him last summer why would he come now?

Because, as far as I can tell from what I've read, he wanted to come, but Sporting didn't want to let him go. 

This summer, I think they might let him go (just hope he still wants to come!)

2 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Its a interesting point, we have made bids or been linked with prem players , Deeney, Ramirez and Keane spring to mind in the past, other than that it's players from abroad.

Archived