Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ulloa is dog shit

Absolutely this.

He isn't up to scratch anymore but for some mysterious reason a good portion of mongys love him because he has a song and had a small hot streak 2 years ago.

These are also the same type of people that want Mahrez gone...

15 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

He really is. Offers so little when he's on the pitch it's shocking.

One of those weird things that occasionally happen to a football club - pretty much everyone agrees we should get rid of him and should have taken the 8 mill we were offered but the manager keeps him and gives him a new contract on bigger money- unfathomable .

Reminds me of when ONeill used to pick a couple of youngsters even though everyone knew they would never make it as pro footballers ( Wilson? Campbell ? I think ) 

this isnot not knee jerk over a pre season friendly I thought this for quite some time and didn't think CR made a mistake in binning him 

Slim will score goals given the service not happy to see him go at this point unless someone offers 25 million for him and that is not going to happen. Still think if he is fit he will come good. Like Leo but he rarely looks like scoring although he hold the ball up well 

You either play completely to Slim's strengths (get the ball forward quick and cross into the box quickly) or you don't play him at all. From what I see, he's a goal-scorer, but his all-round game is pants.

I don't think there's any middle ground.

Ulloa is not dog shit and I'm not a Mongy! I agree that I'd love to see Slim stay but over the course of a long season I'd like all of our current players to stay so long as they are happy to play bit parts if necessary. 

I appreciate that perhaps isn't realistic but I'll assume the coaching staff know best! 

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You either play completely to Slim's strengths (get the ball forward quick and cross into the box quickly) or you don't play him at all. From what I see, he's a goal-scorer, but his all-round game is pants.

A pithy and accurate summary.

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I couldn't agree more, to get the best out of him he needs balls coming into the box that he can get on then end of either with his head or his feet.

He won't replace Vardy and he'll never be a No10 especially if Iheanacho comes.

Slimani is better than Ulloa but Ulloa is competent for a bench player and would offer something different. If we can get anywhere near our money back on Slimani it would be sensible to let him go and put it down to experience. 

7 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Ulloa is not dog shit and I'm not a Mongy! I agree that I'd love to see Slim stay but over the course of a long season I'd like all of our current players to stay so long as they are happy to play bit parts if necessary. 

I appreciate that perhaps isn't realistic but I'll assume the coaching staff know best! 

Who said you was?

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

No he's not dog shit, but he's also not  premiership standard. If we are serious about pushing on to the next level, then a player of Ulloa's calibre has no place in our squad. He"s championship standard at best, and todays game reinforced that imo.

27 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

There's no room for Ulloa, just sell him. Drives me nuts, same as King. Just taking up space of better players. We are in a transition, we need to be stripping out some of the dross with little sentiment. We have to progress.

The only thing good about Ulloa is his song. He's had his day with us. We've probably had the best out of him. Time to move him on, whilst we can still get some money for him (maybe even what we've paid for him).

cant we sell him to Brighton?

54 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

He had like what? Total 25 games in Leicester how can you say so certain that his overall game is pants? He works hard, presses high and hold up the ball. He isn't just a goal scorer, although it is his best feature, wouldn't say his overall game is pants, but neither he has that many tricks. But with a good manager and a team that plays good football he will score many goals, I can assure. Apart from that, I agree with you, if CS doesn't plan to play him regularly sell him, simple as that. 

5 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

He is good to play at the 9 position with your style of play, the 10 position he isn't unfortunately. He isn't that limited, his feet aren't the best that is a fact but they aren't terrible, he is fast for a big lad and works hard, and of course has that aerial threat. And one thing is for sure, he isn't a player to have on the bench, he is one to be on the starting 11, otherwise sell him.

Vardy is our number 9 and Slim isnt going to take his place. Meaning he has to take the number 10 spot, good for when we are looking for him to knock on long balls for Vardy to chase otherwise offers little compared to Shinjis workrate that suits our style of play - hence why Vardy was coming deeper today when we was out of possession. 

I like Slim and don't want him to go, he just isn't ahead of other options that works for the team unless we are chasing a game and getting balls into the box. 

2 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

Vardy is our number 9 and Slim isnt going to take his place. Meaning he has to take the number 10 spot, good for when we are looking for him to knock on long balls for Vardy to chase otherwise offers little compared to Shinjis workrate that suits our style of play - hence why Vardy was coming deeper today when we was out of possession. 

I like Slim and don't want him to go, he just isn't ahead of other options that works for the team unless we are chasing a game and getting balls into the box. 

Then sell him, simple as that. If Vardy has that position locked, even though he doesn't always play good, sell Slimani.

4 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Then sell him, simple as that. If Vardy has that position locked, even though he doesn't always play good, sell Slimani.

So we don't need squad players or players that can give us alternative options if we are struggling to break down a team!? Maybe we should just sell anyone that isn't in the starting 11? 

4 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

So we don't need squad players or players that can give us alternative options if we are struggling to break down a team!? Maybe we should just sell anyone that isn't in the starting 11? 

You need. But Ulloa is alright to come in those minutes. £30m for a bench player is way too much, and you still can recoup some of that money, and in all fairness Slimani has quality to be in the starting 11 if played to his strengths or in the right position. The question here is the money payed, and while you can recoup some money it is a no brainer, because putting him in the bench, will drop his value fast.

We need to keep Slim , from the clips I have seen of him so far he already  looks fitter and sharper than last year where he struggled with his first season and clearly had  a niggling injury . Ulloa on the other hand needs to go he is an average player who is in decline . He has scored a total of 18 premier league goals in three seasons (82 appearances) first season he got 11 then 6 then last season 1 . People may argue that he scored some vital goals to keep us up and to help win the league  but isn't that what he is payed to do .If we want to move forward we need to get rid of average players and put centament aside this unfortunately also applies to Andy King . 

22 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

He had like what? Total 25 games in Leicester how can you say so certain that his overall game is pants? He works hard, presses high and hold up the ball. He isn't just a goal scorer, although it is his best feature, wouldn't say his overall game is pants, but neither he has that many tricks. But with a good manager and a team that plays good football he will score many goals, I can assure. Apart from that, I agree with you, if CS doesn't plan to play him regularly sell him, simple as that. 

As Col said he is pants, his hold up play and touch is woeful, he could have another 25 games that part of his game isn't going to improve now at the age of 29.

We all know his strength is attacking crosses and unless we play to his strengths then I just cannot see where he is going to get into the side, I would sell if the opportunity arises 

3 minutes ago, dayday said:

As Col said he is pants, his hold up play and touch is woeful, he could have another 25 games that part of his game isn't going to improve now at the age of 29.

We all know his strength is attacking crosses and unless we play to his strengths then I just cannot see where he is going to get into the side, I would sell if the opportunity arises 

Your opinion my friend, when you say his hold up play is woeful I don't think you watch the games. I saw 111 games he played in Sporting and he is everything but pants.

26 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

You need. But Ulloa is alright to come in those minutes. £30m for a bench player is way too much, and you still can recoup some of that money, and in all fairness Slimani has quality to be in the starting 11 if played to his strengths or in the right position. The question here is the money payed, and while you can recoup some money it is a no brainer, because putting him in the bench, will drop his value fast.

That's where need to decide if you have Ulloa or Slim. Both players are similar in regards to what they offer the team. 

Vardy sets the the tempo for the team, which is why he is so valuable for us, if we are to decide to go with Slim as our starter our whole philosophy would have to change. 

Yes £30m was a high price to pay, shows how much of a disaster last summers dealings was. Unless a Chinese club comes in for him (who will pay money whether playing or not) there is going to be no way possible we will recoup our money. He was linked to Sporting but only as a loan. 

Best to keep in the squad and play to his strengths when needed. 

5 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

That's where need to decide if you have Ulloa or Slim. Both players are similar in regards to what they offer the team. 

Vardy sets the the tempo for the team, which is why he is so valuable for us, if we are to decide to go with Slim as our starter our whole philosophy would have to change. 

Yes £30m was a high price to pay, shows how much of a disaster last summers dealings was. Unless a Chinese club comes in for him (who will pay money whether playing or not) there is going to be no way possible we will recoup our money. He was linked to Sporting but only as a loan. 

Best to keep in the squad and play to his strengths when needed. 

In my honest opinion, the best is to sell him. Ulloa just adds flick ons and a bit of work rate, he doesn't add goals as Slim does, but he is ok being in the bench so the best is to sell Slimani and keep Ulloa while Slimani has value.

Archived