Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

I say sell, with the emergence of okazaki the goal scorer, A.K.A the Japanese aguero and kelechi looking for a starting place, selling him (and ulloa) seems to be the right thing to do.

Get two £2-£5 million strikers from the lower leagues (a big striker and a small/fast one) and try to turn one into a proper sub (or a starter for that matter)

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

ĪIF we do sell.... I know im gonna get shot down for this but West Ham are listening to offers for Andy Carroll. If our sports science team can get him fit. I think he n Giroud are the best target men in the premier league.

He's the single most injury prone man in the world, yes you'll get rightly shot down 

8 hours ago, DREAMER boy said:

He seem like frustrated, he isn't made to being a sub, but warrior as he is, he will not remain so very long.

Certainly, he will have his chance and will mark the spirits.

I have to mark the spirits too, my mrs says it just evaporates but I don't believe her.....

15 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

He's the single most injury prone man in the world, yes you'll get rightly shot down 

Talk about shooting...If Carroll had been an horse, the Abbatoire days would be long behind him

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

ĪIF we do sell.... I know im gonna get shot down for this but West Ham are listening to offers for Andy Carroll. If our sports science team can get him fit. I think he n Giroud are the best target men in the premier league.

Andy Carroll makes Mendy look a picture of health :)

Can't believe people on here want to get rid.  As @lgfualol  has been saying (I got the L right this time ;) ), if Vardy gets injured, we start to look pretty thin on the ground for goal scorers and this guy has been proven to bag.  I just don't want Leo coming on and lumbering around.  

As for attitude, did any of the nay sayers actually watch the game yesterday? I didn't see any poor attitude.  I saw him joking with Stowell while waiting to come on, him running down defenders, making aggressive runs, and laying the ball off nicely to his team mates.  If we sell him, we will regret it.  

10 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

How many times does he blow hot for a moment and cold for a long time? Our medics are busy enough as it is. 

8 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Can't believe people on here want to get rid.  As @lgfualol  has been saying (I got the L right this time ;) ), if Vardy gets injured, we start to look pretty thin on the ground for goal scorers and this guy has been proven to bag.  I just don't want Leo coming on and lumbering around.  

As for attitude, did any of the nay sayers actually watch the game yesterday? I didn't see any poor attitude.  I saw him joking with Stowell while waiting to come on, him running down defenders, making aggressive runs, and laying the ball off nicely to his team mates.  If we sell him, we will regret it.  

Enitrely agree - he looked entirely like a decent player doing his best. Even as fit as i've seen him. I'd not just keep him but use him with Saturday's attitude.  

8 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

he always looks interested on the pitch. He wasn't hanging around at the end to applaud the fans as tunnel cam reveals him Into the dressing room sharpish. No doubt keen to check up on just how bad vardys ankle was rather than checking text messages from his agent! 

4 hours ago, Worthington said:

I agree here, I think his attitude is spot-on!

Some folk reckon he seems miserable ..... think you'll find it's Slim's natural sullen face lol!

Still rate him way above  Leo, who, I'm sorry to say, peaked just over a year since IMHO, and has declined since!

There's 15-20 goals p.s. in Slimani, I'm pretty sure of that. Even if he plays in half our games, he'll probably reach double figures....similar ratio to last season.

Need to keep, if he goes then JV loses form or gets hurt, we'd be very thin on the ground!

I agree all that, but Slimani doesn't deserve to be a simple substitute. he simply  needs competition and competition.

I think the good think for him is to   leave for another team like W.H or EVERTON, he will sore 20-25 goals, I am pretty sur

Unfortunately for him, I don't think Shakey is the type of Manager who will give him enough playing time from the bench. 

I get the impression Shakey is very much a "play it safe" type Manager, and so we may see Slimani restricted to 10-15min from the bench, which is not enough for a player of his quality. Of course, that could all change if Vardy or Iheanacho get injured but even then, Shakey may prefer Okazaki to start. 

I like others, believe he could score 15 plus goals if he started each week in the Premier League but Vardy is rightly our no.1 out and out striker and so it will just be a case of trying to give him enough playing time to keep him sharp and able to make an impact in games.

Keep him until January at least I say. Rotate Vardy, Iheanacho and him, with Okazaki as a very decent 4th choice. Ulloa to be sold.  

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Unfortunately for him, I don't think Shakey is the type of Manager who will give him enough playing time from the bench. 

I get the impression Shakey is very much a "play it safe" type Manager, and so we may see Slimani restricted to 10-15min from the bench, which is not enough for a player of his quality. Of course, that could all change if Vardy or Iheanacho get injured but even then, Shakey may prefer Okazaki to start. 

I like others, believe he could score 15 plus goals if he started each week in the Premier League but Vardy is rightly our no.1 out and out striker and so it will just be a case of trying to give him enough playing time to keep him sharp and able to make an impact in games.

Keep him until January at least I say. Rotate Vardy, Iheanacho and him, with Okazaki as a very decent 4th choice. Ulloa to be sold.  

If Shakey gives him only 10-15minutes, he'll be off in january.

59 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

If Shakey gives him only 10-15minutes, he'll be off in january.

I agree. Personally I wouldn't shed a tear. If we don't see much more from him, this could end up being one of the most expensive flops in the club's history.

We need to see him in the side, staying fit, looking dangerous and scoring goals. If this don't happen, take it on the chin and fookin get rid.

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I agree. Personally I wouldn't shed a tear. If we don't see much more from him, this could end up being one of the most expensive flops in the club's history.

We need to see him in the side, staying fit, looking dangerous and scoring goals. If this don't happen, take it on the chin and fookin get rid.

I wouldn't say that it was a flop because his game time wasn't nowhere near that a player of his quality should have had, but could be one of the worst decisions that the club made, buying a excellent striker for 30M£ to get him to the bench.

13 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

I wouldn't say that it was a flop because his game time wasn't nowhere near that a player of his quality should have had, but could be one of the worst decisions that the club made, buying a excellent striker for 30M£ to get him to the bench.

The question is can he get a good partnership with Vardy. We all know that vardy starts every week when fit and no reason for him not to with no european games. Okazaki has started the season well and deserves to be in the team at present and Iheanacho linked well with vardy against BMG. So as good as people may think Slim is or can be, Shakey won't drop Okazaki if hes playing well and if he does then Iheanacho will be picked ahead of Slim in my opinion. I do feel Ulloa and Musa are surplus to requirements though. 

29 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

He wasn't a flop if you consider the game time he had, his goal ratio and his groin injury. It won't get better if he gets only scraps. Any striker needs a decent run of games to get the confidence and "goal feeling" back. Especially after returning from an injury.

A lot here are obsessed by a price tag (as if the money came from their own pockets) he didn't set, which was more due to the nature of the deal (panic buy) and let it cloud their judgement. He's a good 15-20 goals striker for which you'd pay the same price this season by PL standards.

Why some here refuse to see it is beyond me and it's not as if we were loaded with strikers. Sell Slim and if Vardy's injured, we'll look great with Nacho/Shinji or Nacho/Ulloa upfront.

Just now, Ansteyblue said:

Give him a chance to prove himself tomorrow night if he plays well &scores could possibly get the nod with vardy for Saturday's game if vardy's fit .

I think Slimani would work better with Okazaki rather than Vardy

2 hours ago, DREAMER boy said:

I agree all that, but Slimani doesn't deserve to be a simple substitute. he simply  needs competition and competition.

I think the good think for him is to   leave for another team like W.H or EVERTON, he will sore 20-25 goals, I am pretty sur

Good job you're not the manager. You'd want to play 13 or 14 players at a time or making changes for the sake of keeping players happy rather than acting according to the game's requirements.  

Archived