Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benguin

Locking transfer threads.

Can we only lock transfer threads if they are either no longer necessary as the player has signed for us/someone else/signed new contract or if there is no real source linking us to them? Iheanacho isn't a Leicester player yet so I don't see why we cant speculate on the transfer, even if the majority of said speculation is the same old nonsensical turd or "jokes" that we have somehow become accustomed to on here. I mean we're going through the toughest time a footy fan can go through, made even worse by no international competition and the least we can do to get by is talk crap about transfers.  

The summer is so boring, a lot of the transfer threads is just unfunny crap but occassionally there is stuff on them that makes me crease. If you log onto Foxes Talk expecting factual news then you're always going to be disappointed.

Not one of the transfer threads has a lot of substance in it so it's a but hypocritical to close one because it's more popular.

I wouldn't mind a feature on each thread on the main page which kind of says what's going on. It is a bit of a pain seeing 4 pages of posts thinking something's happened before you find it's another Morrisons medical wankfest lol 

Some of the transfer threads are alright, with most of the discussions usually on-topic about the player in question.

However, more recently and quite frustratingly, the bigger threads have gone off-topics at times where it appears to be the same posters who try and be 'funny' who derail the thread and go on a discussion/"banter" about something unrelated and not funny just annoying.

36 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Some of the transfer threads are alright, with most of the discussions usually on-topic about the player in question.

However, more recently and quite frustratingly, the bigger threads have gone off-topics at times where it appears to be the same posters who try and be 'funny' who derail the thread and go on a discussion/"banter" about something unrelated and not funny just annoying.

Do you prefer Eastenders or Corrie?

Can we just unlock the thread please. If it gets too off topic can a warning notice be applied. I'm all for puns and banter but I understand that when actual pictures of faeces are posted it's gone too far but in terms of Leicester City this is very important.

Just seen it's unlocked, thanks. I should have looked first. Still; the warning symbol is a good idea.

Amend: Actually just read the recent 6 pages; lock it again please.

3 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Do you prefer Eastenders or Corrie?

tbf the last good transfer thread was when loveday was posting screenshots of dev in corrie to half of croatia trying to tell us kramaric was the next messi 

8 hours ago, Benguin said:

Can we only lock transfer threads if they are either no longer necessary as the player has signed for us/someone else/signed new contract or if there is no real source linking us to them? Iheanacho isn't a Leicester player yet so I don't see why we cant speculate on the transfer, even if the majority of said speculation is the same old nonsensical turd or "jokes" that we have somehow become accustomed to on here. I mean we're going through the toughest time a footy fan can go through, made even worse by no international competition and the least we can do to get by is talk crap about transfers.  

Some people are already demanding that we get rid of Slimani and Ulloa as if Iheanacho signed already

On 15/07/2017 at 14:46, Dan LCFC said:

I wouldn't mind a feature on each thread on the main page which kind of says what's going on. It is a bit of a pain seeing 4 pages of posts thinking something's happened before you find it's another Morrisons medical wankfest lol 

Hence my attempted pilot of a 'transfers update' thread that sadly got abused straight off the bat.

I have however suggested this could work with mod support in a separate thread on here.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BlueBrett

Would be nice if when a thread was locked whoever locked it could add a final post stating the reason...'Signed for City'...'Gone elsewhere'...'Signed new deal'...'Too much BS in this thread'..etc

I'm only talking about a few words, wouldn't want to create too much extra work for you guys.

Archived