Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Iheanacho

14 minutes ago, MCFC said:

You're signing a wonderful young player who will bag you at least fifteen goals a season if managed correctly. And don't worry about the buyback clause, I highly doubt City will ever activate it because we have Jesus, and Iheanacho doesn't fit our style. 

My main concern is if he exceeds his £37.5m value and Man City trigger his buy back clause just so you can sell him to someone like Everton for £50m and make a few quid out of it.

Just now, Gerard said:

My main concern is if he exceeds his £37.5m value and Man City trigger his buy back clause just so you can sell him to someone like Everton for £50m and make a few quid out of it.

That's fair, we are exactly the kind of club who'd do that. We sold Aaron Mooy to Huddersfield for more money than it cost our owners to buy the entire club we got him from. But I don't see Kelechi hitting that kind of value in the next two or three years, he's got a way off before his overall game is good enough for that. I was hoping that by working with Shinji Okazaki, Iheanacho's all-round play will improve, particularly in terms of hold-up play and workrate. 

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We don't have to sell him back. Kelechi can just claim in court that he doesn't know nor has he's ever even met Man City; then we can sell him to a proper big team for double. Simples.

6 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

See, Durham I get but The Two Mikes... they just seem to waffle on and on about nothing. Literally nothing. I am actually annoyed just by talking about them lol

I like them, they're a bit like how Brian Johnson was with the cricket

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Man City's buy back from us is 50m isn't it?

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

After the debacle so far, you'd like to think him and his current agent would insist on them needing to agree to the return should Man City activate it. Being in charge of his own destiny and all that, unlike the previous few weeks. 

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

We don't have to sell him back. Kelechi can just claim in court that he doesn't know nor has he's ever even met Man City; then we can sell him to a proper big team for double. Simples.

but won't they have pictures of him in a man city shirt?

Just now, Gerard said:

Only if we make Champions League otherwise it's £37.5m I believe.

I would certainly hope that any buyback clause would see them have to hold him for 2 years or give up any sell on gain.  They can't be allowed to buy him to sell him on.  Surely Rudders would be alert to this?

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

I would certainly hope that any buyback clause would see them have to hold him for 2 years or give up any sell on gain.  They can't be allowed to buy him to sell him on.  Surely Rudders would be alert to this?

You would like to think we've made it difficult for Man City just to be able to waltz in, force the buy and sell him to the highest bidder a few days later.

If that's the case we have all the downside of losing our £25m because of injury, terrible form, etc but our upside is limited to a £12.5m profit if he becomes a world class striker.

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

You would like to think we've made it difficult for Man City just to be able to waltz in, force the buy and sell him to the highest bidder a few days later.

If that's the case we have all the downside of losing our £25m because of injury, terrible form, etc but our upside is limited to a £12.5m profit if he becomes a world class striker.

part of looking at these types of contracts is to consider the "countable" number of outcomes and how we will be placed in each.   Surely we have our top brains on it?

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Oh. Where did you read this?

I've missed this

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/07/11/man-city-agrees-50m-buy-back-fee-with-leicester-city-for-iheanacho-set-for-medicals-this-week/

Leicester ‎City will pay Manchester City an initial fee of £22.5m for his services and they have also agreed on a buy back clause of £37.5m for the first four years of his stay with the Foxes.

However if Leicester are able to qualify for the Champions League during Iheanacho’s first your years at the club, and City want to exercise their buy back option, a fee of £50m has been agreed between both parties.

5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

part of looking at these types of contracts is to consider the "countable" number of outcomes and how we will be placed in each.   Surely we have our top brains on it?

That's the worrying part. ;)

14 minutes ago, Gerard said:

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/07/11/man-city-agrees-50m-buy-back-fee-with-leicester-city-for-iheanacho-set-for-medicals-this-week/

Leicester ‎City will pay Manchester City an initial fee of £22.5m for his services and they have also agreed on a buy back clause of £37.5m for the first four years of his stay with the Foxes.

However if Leicester are able to qualify for the Champions League during Iheanacho’s first your years at the club, and City want to exercise their buy back option, a fee of £50m has been agreed between both parties.

I really hope that's not true. That's ****ing weak if it is. Man City have wiped the floor with us if those figures are correct.

5 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I really hope that's not true. That's ****ing weak if it is. Man City have wiped the floor with us if those figures are correct.

I think we need to go in tot he transfer market for a "negotiator"  -  just like companies normally have an M&A team to deal with transactions.  How is knowing about football any preparation for these types of deals?

41 minutes ago, wasthedestroyer said:

He's eating tuna...

Tuna is an anagram of aunt...

If my aunt had bollocks she'd be my uncle...

The uncle in the Addams family is called Fester...

I'll let you lot work out the rest ;) 

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

He's eating tuna...

Tuna is an anagram of aunt...

If my aunt had bollocks she'd be my uncle...

The uncle in the Addams family is called Fester...

I'll let you lot work out the rest ;) 

He's going to stay at Man City and Fester in the U-23's?

Archived