Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Iheanacho

2 hours ago, dedlock said:

How is a buy back clause any different,ultimately,to a percentage sell on clause,other than limiting the team to which there is a sale? I'm not going to do an arithmetical illustration but the point is would we be any worse off with,say, a 33 % sell on?

because if they offer that we cannot turn it down so could lose a player we don't want to lose and do nothing about it, that said its a risk we need to take

43 minutes ago, Rossiman said:

I think it plays a large role....   Can you give me a list of current players aged 20 yrs and under, whom you consider 'high profile'?

No it has no relevance. You're either high profile or you're not.

If people outside of England haven't heard of you (as a general rule) then you're not high profile.

30 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

If people outside of England haven't heard of you (as a general rule) then you're not high profile.

And you've been all around the world to know that people outside of England don't know Kelechi Iheanacho? Do you realise he turned down offers from Borussia Dortmund and Monaco? He's only coming here because he wants guaranteed starts. Do you know he won the FIFA Golden Boot at the U20 World Cup with Nigeria? None of these things happened in England, so you can be sure he is known outside England, not least in Africa which has over a billion people.

8 minutes ago, Rossiman said:

And you've been all around the world to know that people outside of England don't know about Kelechi Iheanacho? Do you realise he turned down offers from Borussia Dortmund and Monaco? He's only coming here because he wants guaranteed starts. Do you know he won the FIFA Golden Boot at the U20 World Cup with Nigeria? None of these things happened in England, so you can bet he is known OUTSIDE England. And he is very well known in Africa which has over a billion people.

Er yeh I was Italy for the last 3 weeks pal, where football is pretty popular and is not even the other side of the world.

I was asked by people who Leicester were signing and nobody had heard of him. Which is hardly a surprise, he hasn't held down a regular place at a top division side yet.

So no, he isn't high profile. He might be big in Africa because they are obsessed with their own players (you've probably noticed) but so are a lot of African players. Yakubu was well known in Africa as well FFS. Africa is a big continent but it is far from the centre of the footballing universe is it?

22 minutes ago, Rossiman said:

And you've been all around the world to know that people outside of England don't know Kelechi Iheanacho? Do you realise he turned down offers from Borussia Dortmund and Monaco? He's only coming here because he wants guaranteed starts. Do you know he won the FIFA Golden Boot at the U20 World Cup with Nigeria? None of these things happened in England, so you can be sure he is known outside England, not least in Africa which has over a billion people.

no he didn't.

30 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Er yeh I was Italy for the last 3 weeks pal, where football is pretty popular and is not the other side of the world.

I was asked by people who Leicester were signing and nobody had heard of him. Which is hardly a surprise, he hasn't held down a regular place at a top division side yet.

So no, he isn't high profile. He might be big in Africa because they are obsessed with their own players (you've probably noticed) but so are a lot of African players. Yakubu was well known in Africa as well FFS. Africa is a big continent but it is far from the centre of the footballing universe is it?

You're the one talking about players being ''high profile'' - a nonsensical expectation to have of a 20 year old, made further so by your inability to supply a list of Under 20 players who would fit that description, as I requested. You then said no one outside England had heard of Kelechi, which I proved wrong by stating he had offers from major European clubs, which wouldn't be the case if they hadn't heard of him, and I also referenced the 1 billion Africans he hailed from, and while they might not be the ''centre of the footballing universe'' in your view, they've produced more world class players than England has. George Weah, who won the Ballon Dor', was from Liberia.  Samuel Eto, Kanu, Aubameyang, Didier Drogba, Yaya Toure, Tony Yeboah, Michael Essien, Jay Jay Okocha etc...  Sorry but you can't dismiss the African continent in world football man. If Iheanacho is big in Africa, then he is big. Period.

2 minutes ago, Rossiman said:

You're the one talking about players being ''high profile'' - a nonsensical expectation to have of a 20 year old, made further so by your inability to supply a list of Under 20 players who would fit that description, as I requested. You then said no one outside England had heard of him, which I proved wring by stating he had offers from major European clubs, which wouldn't be the case if they hadn't heard of him, and I also referenced the 1 billion Africans he hailed from, and while they might not be the ''centre of the footballing universe'', they've produced more world class players than England has. George Weah, who won the Ballon Dor', was from Liberia.  Samuel Eto, Kanu, Aubemayang, Didier Drogba, Yaya Toure, Okocha etc...  Sorry but you can't dismiss the African continent in world football man.

Debatable 

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

32 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Er yeh I was Italy for the last 3 weeks pal, where football is pretty popular and is not even the other side of the world.

I wish I saw things as clearly as you, Kitch.

Related image

12 minutes ago, Rossiman said:

Before the 1990s England had more world class players than Africa, but in the 21st century? No contest.

Baring in mind one is a continent Africa is more than 30million sq km

and one is 130,373 sq km

you put kanu in a list of 7? Scraping the barrel a little?

3 hours ago, Beechey said:

No, on a player that didn't want to leave Man City, and they were only selling because he wasn't getting game time. They held the cards, we did well to get a £50m buyback clause.

lol 

right ohh 

i hope this kid is as good as everyone hopes or FT will need a mental health crisis team full time lol  

9 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

you put kanu in a list of 7?

Kanu is huge in Africa. They all remember how he led Nigeria to beat Brazil and Argentina in the '96 Atlanta Olympics to win gold, with Kanu scoring twice against a Brazilian side with Bebeto, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, and Roberto Carlos. He won African Player of the Year after the tournament. They also recall how he won the Champions League with Ajax in 1995, and Italian titles with Inter Milan... all this before arriving Arsenal on his last legs.

1 minute ago, Rossiman said:

Kanu is huge in Africa. They all remember how he single-handedly led Nigeria to beat Brazil and Argentina in the '96 Atlanta Olympics to win gold, with Kanu scoring twice against a Brazilian side with Bebeto, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, and Roberto Carlos. They also recall how he won the Champions League with Ajax in 1995, Italian titles with Inter Milan... all this before arriving Arsenal on his last legs.

Baring in mind one is a continent Africa is more than 30million sq km

and one is 130,373 sq km

he was 23 when he went to arsenal with a heart murmur

"Kanu is huge in Africa"

i thought you was talking world class  if you can only muster 7 names from a continent 230 times as big as a country then its not really comparable.

7 english names of the top my head

Shearer

Ashley Cole

Lineker

Gerrard

Lampard

Paul Scholes

john terry

Archived