Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Iheanacho

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Yeah future... so he's yet to build a profile.

You stipulated 'high profile' i.e. a player who's name is synonymou with not just immediate football fans but outside of that.

Its a signing with exciting potential... but he's not high profile.

Your definition, not mine.

What I meant by by "high profile" is his current standing in the game that a lot of people would consider him a very possible future world class player. Not someone like Cambiasso or Mancini who were considered as good as washed up by the time we signed them.

57 minutes ago, MPH said:

Must admit, that will be the first workplace i have heard of that forces their employees  to listen to talksport...

I suppose you're right. It's probably more likely to be used in Guantanamo Bay. Forcing prisoners to listen to Andy Goldstein for any length of time would be an infinitely more effective form of information-extracting torture than waterboarding or electrocution!

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Your definition, not mine.

What I meant by by "high profile" is his current standing in the game that a lot of people would consider him a very possible future world class player. Not someone like Cambiasso or Mancini who were considered as good as washed up by the time we signed them.

Well you could easily argue we have several players at the club that hold a higher profile themselves... so your choice of words compared to what you meant was poorly chosen.  

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/high-profile

2 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I suppose you're right. It's probably more likely to be used in Guantanamo Bay. Forcing prisoners to listen to Andy Goldstein for any length of time would be an infinitely more effective form of information-extracting torture than waterboarding or electrocution!

Trumps on the phone.. he needs you!

3 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Well you could easily argue we have several players at the club that hold a higher profile themselves... so your choice of words compared to what you meant was poorly chosen.  

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/high-profile

I'm not saying he will be better than Kante, Mahrez or Vardy but he is a "higher profile" signing than they were when they signed.

Thanks for the English lesson :rolleyes: but signing Iheanacho sends out more reverberations in the football world than signing a has been in his mid thirties.  

9 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

I think TalkSport is quite amusing tbf. Arian Durham sounds like a complete bellend but his debates with Darren Gough are funny as fvck. 

I like listening to Darren Gough to be fair. Quite knowledgeable.

Adrian Durham is just a wind up merchant though and that's what he's employed to do.

Regarding TalkSport - how the **** have them pair of clowns "the two mikes" still got employment. Absolute ****wits.

34 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

It's a statement of intent and a signing saying we will no longer buy players at the arse end of their career to sell shirts. This player has the potential to go as far as he wants, for us to pick him up whilst he's still young is such a good move by the club and it should be celebrated.

I don't think he's saying it's a shit signing...just not particularly high profile.

18 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Adrian Durham is just a wind up merchant though and that's what he's employed to do.

Regarding TalkSport - how the **** have them pair of clowns "the two mikes" still got employment. Absolute ****wits.

Absolutely rate Durham and The Two Mikes. Top class trolls, makes for entertaining listening when co-hosts and callers alike bite the bait almost every time.

You're signing a wonderful young player who will bag you at least fifteen goals a season if managed correctly. And don't worry about the buyback clause, I highly doubt City will ever activate it because we have Jesus, and Iheanacho doesn't fit our style. 

36 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

The only decent presenters on TS are Hawksbee & Jacobs (in the afternoon - 1 to 4) and Kick Off with Mark Saggers (who usually has Danny Murphy with him - 7 to 10 in the evening)

8 minutes ago, MCFC said:

You're signing a wonderful young player who will bag you at least fifteen goals a season if managed correctly. And don't worry about the buyback clause, I highly doubt City will ever activate it because we have Jesus, and Iheanacho doesn't fit our style. 

Jesus is shit at crosses though.

Archived