Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Iheanacho

42 minutes ago, Gerard said:

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/07/11/man-city-agrees-50m-buy-back-fee-with-leicester-city-for-iheanacho-set-for-medicals-this-week/

Leicester ‎City will pay Manchester City an initial fee of £22.5m for his services and they have also agreed on a buy back clause of £37.5m for the first four years of his stay with the Foxes.

However if Leicester are able to qualify for the Champions League during Iheanacho’s first your years at the club, and City want to exercise their buy back option, a fee of £50m has been agreed between both parties.

FFS Rudders.

52 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I really hope that's not true. That's ****ing weak if it is. Man City have wiped the floor with us if those figures are correct.

the Telegraph say the buy back is £50m

How is a buy back clause any different,ultimately,to a percentage sell on clause,other than limiting the team to which there is a sale? I'm not going to do an arithmetical illustration but the point is would we be any worse off with,say, a 33 % sell on?

32 minutes ago, Worthington said:

None of us are right or wrong, as none of us are party as to what MCFC and KI have agreed.

Wasn't dismissing your view, in actual fact I concur with the fact that it's a likely scenario. Just pointing out that such an agreement would need to be in place in order for MCFC to have exclusive rights to re-sign the player.

Where they could profit immeasurably would be if Iheanacho performs sensationally with us. In that case he could, in effect develop into a prospective £100m player, which several clubs would be willing to pay, yet City would be able to table their 'buy back' figure and we would have to let them speak to the player, and accept the lower fee, should Iheanacho agree to return!

pb7Zmrj.jpg

19 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Well they're not going to insist on a buyback which reflects the market value as it wouldn't benefit them. 

£50m is fair, they could save upto £20m and we get exactly £50m, no budging, should City want to re-sign him. Even if they don't it's a bargaining chip to any other transfer he might make. 

They must rate him to put something like that in there. Even in today's inflated market £50m buys you a proven player. Players are moving for those kinds of prices but only if they're quality and in demand. 

Of course and I'm not complaining - I still think that overall it's a good bit of business!

But considering we are paying £25m for him, if he is resold for £50m then our net profit on him would actually only be £25m which is why I think we should have pushed for a buyback of £60m-£70m. Despite that you are right, if he does end up getting into those kind of figures then that can only be a good thing for our league position and thus future transfer business! 

20 minutes ago, dedlock said:

How is a buy back clause any different,ultimately,to a percentage sell on clause,other than limiting the team to which there is a sale? I'm not going to do an arithmetical illustration but the point is would we be any worse off with,say, a 33 % sell on?

With a sell on clause, we're not obligated to accept any bid. With a buy back clause, we are.

Now we need to get him out there and to get people providing the right service and pace of service to do both him and our other strikers justice.

Maguire is an assured player but he, like others, is too slow releasing the ball. 

Two touches is enough and would do away with his being caught in possession as well.

Mostly though fast service would give our attackers the  extra split seconds they need to be at their most deadly.

6 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Why panic about a buy back clause? We're not a good enough or a big enough club to hold onto a young world beater for more than a season or two anyway if he fulfils his potential lol 

Good point,well made!:thumbup:

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

That's probably the best we were going to get, to be fair.

On a player they have to sell ??? 

If rudders fell in a bucket of tits he would fail to get a nipple !!! 

the guy is the worst negotiatior in football ! 

7 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

On a player they have to sell ??? 

If rudders fell in a bucket of tits he would fail to get a nipple !!! 

the guy is the worst negotiatior in football ! 

No, on a player that didn't want to leave Man City, and they were only selling because he wasn't getting game time. They held the cards, we did well to get a £50m buyback clause.

Archived