Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burton Away - 1st August

4 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Still better than the Morgan floated chip that @igfualol "loves" lol

At least his chips don't land in his own half and leave the defence exposed over and over again. He's a bad player and not good enough.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Almost every time they've caused us an issue it has stemmed from one of Benny, Ulloa or King just gifting them the ball.

Come the first game, our starting 11 is going to contain 1 or 2 of these 11 at the very most.

It looks exactly like it is, a mish mash team of reserve team players in another new formation and not playing at 100%.

It happens every year and people have a meltdown every year... and every year I repeat the same thing, it means feck all.

I mostly agree. 

I'd be nice to be hitting the first game with our tails up looking confident though. 

May be "only" a friendly but apart from Musa and Chilwell that first half performance was a disgrace. No effort or motivation whatsoever. This could be yet another warning sign that the playing side of the club is currently a shambles. 

something just doesn't seem right about this pre season... friendly or not. I'm so worried about what the result will be in our opener against arsenal let alone the remainder of the first few fixtures 

Players who are decent will look poor with this lineup....tough to get anything going when players around you are not up to the task and we have a number of them out there today. This is not a team and it doesn't bode well for confidence this close to the season.

Poor judgement by Shakespeare

Anyone saying the pre season don't mean anything, I'm pretty sure we were raising concerns LAST pre season weren't we?

Then look what happened.

It doesn't always reflect on the forthcoming season, but it enables us to see where improvements are clearly needed. This squad needs clear improvements. I'm fed up feeling compelled to say that Amartey is in fact, no good. King is a championship player, Ulloa needs to move on and Benny looks like a a bomb scare.

Its clear to anyone who wants to see. Let's hope our first team look better than this.

2 minutes ago, Foxy_jim said:

What is this shit people keep saying? Wake up everyone, pretty much every decent team anywhere plays with one main striker. The problem is instead of Lewandowski, Morata, Costa or Suarez we have donkey Ulloa.

Erm...since when do Leicester play one up front? Since when is that not a negative tactic for us?

I don't give a shit about other teams. 

Is something not well behind the scenes?

body language and effort of a lot of the players this pre season has been wanting!

Shakespear needs to be giving out some rollockings as some players still look on there holidays.

His reputation will be on the line and if they put in some of these displays when it matters, he won't last past Christmas.

I can't say I have been too excited yet so far on and off the field, I hope it changes come 11th August 

Archived