Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2017/18

16 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Champions League is boring without us.

You joke but as continually gets dominated by the super giants, it is boring. 

The Champions League best moments have been runs by an unfancied Dortmund, Malaga, Leicester, Villarreal, Deportivo, Porto, Monaco. The competition will kill itself. An underdog is required to make the competition have drama. 

Soon, I can foresee the last 32 teams being knocked down to 8 in a knockout format and then some mini-league. 

16 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

Anyone watching on TSN know who the second commentator is? It’s really bugging me

Normally he's decent - avoids speaking in cliches and adds actual insight but he was awful yesterday

PSG are just a very, very very rich version of Celtic. A club who dominate their league year in, year out but when it comes to European competition they are total rubbish. That's what happens when the league you play in is just no competition and players are used to playing cruise control every week and can't raise their game for the big European games.

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You joke but as continually gets dominated by the super giants, it is boring. 

The Champions League best moments have been runs by an unfancied Dortmund, Malaga, Leicester, Villarreal, Deportivo, Porto, Monaco. The competition will kill itself. An underdog is required to make the competition have drama. 

Soon, I can foresee the last 32 teams being knocked down to 8 in a knockout format and then some mini-league. 

I think a fair few people quite liked us being involved last season. A different ground, club, city all to look at.

Back in the day just before English teams were banned from Europe, I always wanted them to do well and progress.

I was even happy for Man U and Liverpool to win it in ‘99 and ‘05. But I just can’t bring myself to get behind Spurs tonight. And I’ve always had a soft spot for Juve so really hope they get through.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Dno why you'd want to watch some team try and shithouse their way to success when you can watch top teams play quality football.

Man City v Real/ Barca final would be nice

But how many times do those teams play an extraordinary final or game? The nature of European football supports defensive football and one team takes the submissive role anyway. 

The best European Cup fixture last year was Monaco v Manchester City and probably PSG v Barca. The first game was a ‘smaller team’ outplaying a bigger club and the second an one off comeback.