Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2017/18

6 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Well for a start maradonna definitely did and he was the best of his time (of all time to alot). Regardless of what you think of Ronaldo on the pitch off it he's known as ridiculously nice guy. 

Buffon had to walk because he shoved the ref in the back. Not just got in his face he put his hands on him. It's a red card. 

Seriously? Yeah, can see why he walked if he did that, then. 

TBH Maradona is another tremendous footballer I simply cannot stand because of the aforementioned ego issues. I've heard the same things about Ronaldo off the pitch as you, but on it - honestly, love to hate.

6 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Seriously? Yeah, can see why he walked if he did that, then. 

TBH Maradona is another tremendous footballer I simply cannot stand because of the aforementioned ego issues. I've heard the same things about Ronaldo off the pitch as you, but on it - honestly, love to hate.

Yea, I really wish he hadn't, I love Buffon. One of the first to make goal keeping cool and just an absolute legend. 

Can't stand maradonna either. He's a classless fool on and off. I don't mind Ronaldo on the pitch though, I just see it as pure raw passion and love for the game. Yea sometimes he can be a complete bell but everyone can from time to time when they play football. He just pushes himself to that extra level and I suppose demands basically greatness to a level nobody else has played at before from himself I suppose. I do get why you'd hate him on the pitch though ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

If Ronaldo scores in the last minute, and then stands there in that bloody wide legged stance, “aren’t I fantastic” pose, I might shout rude words at the telly.

Go on, put us out our misery ...what rude words did you shout?

Is it me? Just seen the disallowed Man City goal from last night, and Lee Dixon and idiot Keane reckon Sane was onside. He wasnt!! There has to be 2 opposition players between the attacker and the goal to be onside, and there was clearly only one. Or were they saying that Milner played the ball, hence nullifying that? Cant understand Keane at the best of times, so fook knows what he was rambling on about.

I didn't see the game but knew the score and have just sat down to watch the highlights. I was convinced it must have been a bottle job from Oliver but I think the guy deserved credit - that decision was absolutely correct.  

I see the Juventus president has already had a pop at Oliver which is a bit rich from club with a history of cheating.

The fault lies as much with Mehdi Benhatia as anyone else as he was completely the wrong side of Vasquez. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Is it me? Just seen the disallowed Man City goal from last night, and Lee Dixon and idiot Keane reckon Sane was onside. He wasnt!! There has to be 2 opposition players between the attacker and the goal to be onside, and there was clearly only one. Or were they saying that Milner played the ball, hence nullifying that? Cant understand Keane at the best of times, so fook knows what he was rambling on about.

Ball clearly comes off Milner so it's not a forward pass by a city player. Goal should have stood. 

Now linesman may not be looking as he' looking at the offside. But between him the ref and the magic wand holder behind the goal they should have worked it out.

2 hours ago, EastNeukFox said:

Go on, put us out our misery ...what rude words did you shout?

They were many, they were rude and they were stronger than "daftie", "fud", "bawbag" and "clunge". :thumbup:

Especially when he was celebrating with his top off, and even more so when he was giving it big smug licks after the final whistle.

Reading a lot of fairly arrogant posts in the media about how only Real Madrid can stop this mighty Liverpool juggernaut from winning the champions league. 

That's the mighty Liverpool with the joint most draws of anyone in the top half of the Premier league, the mighty Real Madrid who are fifteen points off the pace in fourth in their league and no mention of Bayern Munich. 

Bayern who have just won their league by twenty points, just stuffed Dortmund six nil, have probably the best 9 on the planet, probably the best back four on the planet and aren't exactly shabby in the middle. 

Oh and "but Klopp knows Bayern?" Last time Heynckes Bayern met Klopp in the Champions League, Heynckes beat him in the final. 

Good luck Liverpool. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Reading a lot of fairly arrogant posts in the media about how only Real Madrid can stop this mighty Liverpool juggernaut from winning the champions league. 

That's the mighty Liverpool with the joint most draws of anyone in the top half of the Premier league, the mighty Real Madrid who are fifteen points off the pace in fourth in their league and no mention of Bayern Munich. 

Bayern who have just won their league by twenty points, just stuffed Dortmund six nil, have probably the best 9 on the planet, probably the best back four on the planet and aren't exactly shabby in the middle. 

Oh and "but Klopp knows Bayern?" Last time Heynckes Bayern met Klopp in the Champions League, Heynckes beat him in the final. 

Good luck Liverpool. 

Some good games to come.

Guest MattP
12 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

100% penalty and red card. You can't shove someone over who's about to tap it in. Brilliant call by Oliver. As much as I love buffon. It's a red card. Sentiment doesn't change the rules. You can't shove the ref in the back either. 

This. Can't believe the abuse Oliver is getting. Very brave decision and got both calls right. 

Trying to find a video of an incident like this on YouTube after the fact really makes you aware of how much absolute filth there is on that site. 

People will post literally any shit with the title Juve vs Madrid omg shock penalty for likes and views. 

I know I shouldn't be surprised but it saddens me every time. 

Get a proper ****ing job and stop wasting my Internet unless you've got real footage you actual peasants. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/11/real-madrid-juventus-champions-league-penalty-gianluigi-buffon-rubbish-bin-heart-referee-oliver

“To award such a doubtful, or super doubtful, penalty just ahead of the final whistle and destroy the work of a team who gave absolutely everything you have to have a rubbish bin instead of your heart,” Buffon said. “A human being cannot decide the elimination of a team with such decision. When I don’t feel I’m good enough, I put myself in a corner. He should do the same. It’s a matter of sensibility. It means you don’t know where you are, which teams are playing, you don’t know shit.”

buffons taking it really well lol

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Good luck Liverpool. 

Liverpool did just beat the favourites 5-1 to be fair.

55 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Liverpool did just beat the favourites 5-1 to be fair.

The favourites according to the same  British media. 

Man City have never gotten to a final nor looked like getting to one. 

No impartial, sensible, knowledgeable pundit would really have made them favourites surely. 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Oliver got it spot on.

Such a clear and obvious penalty. I think people are letting their will for Juve to beat Madrid cloud their judgement. Buffon can't do what he did either.

Think Oliver is one of the better UK referees at the moment.

Shame he's not going to participate at the World Cup as feel he deserves it.

Buffon said that Oliver "couldn't handle the pressure" - which I think is incorrect, as Oliver show strong courage to act on the event that was a foul and perhaps his reaction afterwards shows that how ironic his suggestion is towards Oliver.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The favourites according to the same  British media. 

Man City have never gotten to a final nor looked like getting to one. 

No impartial, sensible, knowledgeable pundit would really have made them favourites surely. 

The bookies favourites, different to the media. With the way they were before this round you'd have been daft to bet against them with the way they've been this season. Not sure why you're so keen to hype up Bayern because of their domestic form but so quick to shoot Man City down.

I understand what you're saying. The experience in the latter rounds is massive but I think Liverpool are a very tough draw.

They were 10/3 last night. I personally think those odds are quite long considering their performances in the competition when you compare them to Madrid and Bayern.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

The bookies favourites, different to the media. With the way they were before this round you'd have been daft to bet against them with the way they've been this season. Not sure why you're so keen to hype up Bayern because of their domestic form but so quick to shoot Man City down.

I understand what you're saying. The experience in the latter rounds is massive but I think Liverpool are a very tough draw.

They were 10/3 last night. I personally think those odds are quite long considering their performances in the competition when you compare them to Madrid and Bayern.

The English bookies favourites, whose odds are tailored to an English Market...........