Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

BHA pre match

3 hours ago, chicagofox said:

Assuming that Huth is not match fit and no new center-back has been signed, I would go with the folllowing lineup.  But I'm sure Morgan will start.

Schmeichel

Simpson Benny Maguire Fuchs

Mahrez Iborra Ndidi Albrighton 

Okazaki Vardy

I'm pretty certain Shakey will never select Benny again 

23 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I'm pretty certain Shakey will never select Benny again 

I think you're possibly right. Benalouane made a cock up against Burton but is still preferable to Morgan in his current form as is Armarty. Marhez also, when having a stinker of a game doesn't get substituted. It's starting to look like Shakespeare has NP disease ie picks his favourites before applying common sense or considering form. A recipe for disaster. 

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

Why? There is absolutely no evidence to point to that fact.

Did you watch the Brighton Man City game? Manchester City struggled to break them down until late on. Can you honestly see them coming to us and attacking? No. So there evidence pointing to that fact.

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think you're possibly right. Benalouane made a cock up against Burton but is still preferable to Morgan in his current form as is Armarty. Marhez also, when having a stinker of a game doesn't get substituted. It's starting to look like Shakespeare has NP disease ie picks his favourites before applying common sense or considering form. A recipe for disaster. 

CBs pairing is always a difficult task. I think Shakespeare played safely and didn't send a new team member and a defender who's been mostly on the bench against a team like Arsenal. If Huth was fit, he'd have played instead of Wes. Amartey is apparently not rated as CB, as I can remember he never played at that position for us, did he?

I think Shakespeare will start Gray over Mahrez against Brighton. It's a game we can control and Mahrez needs a slap.

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I suspect it's because he isn't scared of the ball, or he is perceived as such.

But he's still only going to be able to pass the ball to players like Wes, Simpson, Okazaki, Albrighton, Vardy. And he'll still be playing in a team that's more interested in a break away than giving the person with the ball an easy pass to keep possession.

Until we alter how we play and get more ball players into the team, it's always going to be a struggle for the CM's to get any sort of control of the match. DD, N'didi and James are good enough with the ball. They are just constantly out numbered and have few options, I think people will be disappointed if they are expecting one CM to change that.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

But he's still only going to be able to pass the ball to players like Wes, Simpson, Okazaki, Albrighton, Vardy. And he'll still be playing in a team that's more interested in a break away than giving the person with the ball an easy pass to keep possession.

Until we alter how we play and get more ball players into the team, it's always going to be a struggle for the CM's to get any sort of control of the match. DD, N'didi and James are good enough with the ball. They are just constantly out numbered and have few options, I think people will be disappointed if they are expecting one CM to change that.

I think Iborra was signed for situations like being 3-2 up at Arsenal with 10 minutes to play.

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm not arguing with any of that - I was just trying to answer your question, 3rd party.

19 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I think Iborra was signed for situations like being 3-2 up at Arsenal with 10 minutes to play.

Yep, I think you are exactly right and I think had he not been injured we may have gotten a result (at least a draw).  Now you could blame Shakespeare for this and he may have been slightly at fault but having Drinky AND Iborra out could definitely be termed "bad luck" and I think had James not been in his first match back we might have gone to three in the middle instead of a straight swap for Amartey.  And I genuinely think Shakepseare will learn from these things.  The plus point is that we went to one of the hardest games we will face all season and looked threatening.  I think we will be OK.  Always the optimist.

X

8 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

I'm not too sure why the Brighton fans seem so confident of getting a result against us tbh, most of them seem to think they'll win!

We were the same when we were promoted and playing mid table teams...then we were bottom for 5 months lol

I cant believe the amount of posters on this forum who believe we are going to lose at Home to Brighton.  No disrespect to Brighton, if we cant beat them at home then we are in serious trouble this season.  Having watched them at home to Man City it is quite obvious they are going to park the bus against us like they did them.  They hardly crossed the halfway line and when they did they played a lot of long ball.  I believe, apart from Knockeart, who is only just returning from injury they have no one in attack who can hurt us, don't mention an ageing Glenn Murray.

Vardy will rip Lewis Dunk a good un a comfortable 2 0 home win for me Vardy with both.  He looked on fire against Arsenal.

Hughton is disgustingly negative, it ain't gonna be a classic.

We all know Knockaert is gonna score too lol

We've got Iheanacho and Big Slim as penalty box strikers though, we should be able to break them down

Archived