Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

BHA pre match

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Hi Colin, welcome to FoxesTalk! If you have any questions feel free to ask and I hope you enjoy your time here

Colin?

I thought his name was Colon.

43 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Thought West Ham were absolutely awful yesterday nailed on for the drop

No chance.....they played United away yesterday in case you had not noticed who will probably finish Top 2!

Might not set the world alight but they will be better than at least 6 sides.....

42 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Yes West Ham looked like they were not interested in football. It was as if the players only joined the club because it was in Landon.

Brighton, who had no outlet whatsoever, did look like they may have a problem which as a newly promoted side you'd half expect.

If we come out of the traps fast I expect us to win the game.

49 minutes ago, dynamark said:

They started horribly last season too. Form can change quickly and they weren't exactly tipped to get anything away at Man Utd.

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

But he's still only going to be able to pass the ball to players like Wes, Simpson, Okazaki, Albrighton, Vardy. And he'll still be playing in a team that's more interested in a break away than giving the person with the ball an easy pass to keep possession.

Until we alter how we play and get more ball players into the team, it's always going to be a struggle for the CM's to get any sort of control of the match. DD, N'didi and James are good enough with the ball. They are just constantly out numbered and have few options, I think people will be disappointed if they are expecting one CM to change that.

I like the way we play in general, the risky low percentage through ball that pays dividends when it comes off. Very exciting stuff when done properly as the title winning season shows. However, I do wish that we played that way because we want to rather than because we can't do anything else.

There are times when we need to be able to keep possession, and we can't do so for the reasons you outline.

3 hours ago, Old Fox said:

No chance.....they played United away yesterday in case you had not noticed who will probably finish Top 2!

Might not set the world alight but they will be better than at least 6 sides.....

One thing that is even worse than referring to the Manchester club as United is referring to the Manchester club as United when they are playing United.

Please stop it.

4 hours ago, dynamark said:

So when we lose 4-0 there as well you will say the same about us?

We need to win this match against Brighton otherwise we face having very few points indeed in the first 7 games. They will be well organised and tough to break down. 1-0 either way.

I really can see no changes to the team at all. 

The only change, hopefully, will be Shakey's nerve throughout the game. 

Let's be realistic, this is a game we go into with much confidence. 

First home game against one of the weaker Premier league teams. 

3 Points from a Vardy induced panic stricken Brighton. 

Having just watched their game against Man City we could struggle against them as they are so compact and organised. We hate playing against teams like that. I almost think the best thing to do would be to let them have the ball so they can attack and we can stretch the game :D

Just now, Fox in the North said:

Having just watched their game against Man City we could struggle against them as they are so compact and organised. We hate playing against teams like that. I almost think the best thing to do would be to let them have the ball so they can attack and we can stretch the game :D

Isn't that what we always do anyway?

33 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Isn't that what we always do anyway?

Last season I don't think we did it enough against the teams from the bottom half. Take Middlesbrough/Burnley last season for example. We simply did not have the creative ability like Manchester City to crack open a stubborn defence without the game being stretched. It does help if they can't defend like on Friday though :thumbup:

Some are getting carried away on here, there's no way we're scoring four times or anything like that. I think it'll be a 1-0 win as they're gong to be compact and disciplined but offer little going forwards.

remember hull at the start of last season. i think the game will depend on who plays and who doesn't, we need either drinkwater or ibbora back, and the boss needs to but a bullet up Mahraz arse, he needs to preform or just sell the the shit head.

Archived