Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

BHA pre match

2 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

We didn't see much of the monks last season (probably due to the year of mourning). I hope this means a return to good fortunes!

Gotta love the Nora Batty Stockings of the Monk 3rd in from right lol

How many people are going to say "Knockers is gonna score no doubt" or words to that effect ffs?

Anyway, the main issue for me is that no way Mahrez should be starting, he's had too many chances to buck his ideas up and not took them.

For all Shakey's pre season talk of not pandering to him: he's doing nothing but that; it's only fair after Friday's pathetic effort to give Gray a start. It's not good when players are picked not on merit.

If he does play RM and we don't get a good performance out of him again, serious questions need to be asked about what's going in terms of team management.

Its not just this season it's been going on since he took over.

Surely in this new world of same sex marriage and same sex adoption, football fans are above nasty homophobic chants. 

Is there any place for light banter? Probably best not .

Brighton fan here, I thought you looked a very good side again last Friday and suspect you might challenge the top six again.  Am I right in thinking your squad has barely changed since you won the title (Kante out, Slimani in)?

We will travel in hope rather than expectation.  I'm expecting us to lose (and it could easily be 3-0 or something like that).  If I was Sir Chris, I'd set his side up as defensively as he did for Man City, and look to break quickly.  A point would be decent for us, so I'm expecting mutterings from here of BHA parking the bus and going straight back down regardless of what the result is!

10 minutes ago, Simster said:

Brighton fan here, I thought you looked a very good side again last Friday and suspect you might challenge the top six again.  Am I right in thinking your squad has barely changed since you won the title (Kante out, Slimani in)?

We will travel in hope rather than expectation.  I'm expecting us to lose (and it could easily be 3-0 or something like that).  If I was Sir Chris, I'd set his side up as defensively as he did for Man City, and look to break quickly.  A point would be decent for us, so I'm expecting mutterings from here of BHA parking the bus and going straight back down regardless of what the result is!

Think top 6 will be out of our reach unfortunately the top teams look too strong. Actually can't see a 'smaller club' crashing their party for a long time now which is pretty uninspiring for fans like ours and yours but the media will love it.

Any sort of win i'd be delighted with and I'm not expecting an easy game, Hughton is a good manager and seems a top bloke, hope your lot stay up and actually think you will.

We tried to replace Kante with Mendy but that didn't work but in N'didi we have a real gem on our hands, unfortunately Mahrez isn't the player he was in 15/16 but Vardy will be our main threat and looks more lethal than ever since Shaky took over.

Good luck this season!  

3 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Think top 6 will be out of our reach unfortunately the top teams look too strong. Actually can't see a 'smaller club' crashing their party for a long time now which is pretty uninspiring for fans like ours and yours but the media will love it.

Any sort of win i'd be delighted with and I'm not expecting an easy game, Hughton is a good manager and seems a top bloke, hope your lot stay up and actually think you will.

We tried to replace Kante with Mendy but that didn't work but in N'didi we have a real gem on our hands, unfortunately Mahrez isn't the player he was in 15/16 but Vardy will be our main threat and looks more lethal than ever since Shaky took over.

Good luck this season!  

Cheers.  Actually fans of clubs like ours aren't in this league to win it (your title 2 seasons ago excepted), we're there because it gives us a stab at a cup run (you need a Premier league squad to win the FA or League cup) and a chance of a European adventure.  That said, I'm sure this naive belief might wear off after several seasons of regular absolute spankings at this level, and anyway the Championship is a fantastic division so relegation wouldn't be all that terrible from a fans perspective anyway. Indeed, if I was a Sunderland fan, I think I'd be quite relieved after about 5 seasons of complete shite.  

1 hour ago, Simster said:

Maguire looks a steal already from what I have seen of him so far, N'didi also who will only get better. I hope you stay up although I think you will have a better chance with more players who have played in the UK.

It takes players a long time to adapt to the style over here and it looks like you have signed several who haven't played in England before.

Can't see past a 0-1 loss. Reminds me of us going to stoke in our first season. I think they'll sit back and nick one and we'll just grow frustrated. Really hope I'm wrong as I think the first 5-10 games will go on to define our season. 

Archived