Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Iheanacho

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Exactly he was getting good service and was performing. We hoof it all the time and criticise our strikers for not scoring. 

As for the buy back clause that’s guess work so can’t really comment 

I think we could shove Musa up front for Man City and he'd score goals. What worries me about our recruitment now is we don't seem to be buying players who fit into our ethos, something we always did a few years ago and was the centre of our success, I can get the arguments saying we aren't playing to a certain way for a player but yesterday at times he didn't even look like he was making an effort and this is on his first full start.

There is no point is looking at players scoring for teams who create 25 chances a match and thinking he'll do a job for us, here you have to work hard for your goals.

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

I think that ratio might have more to do with being supplied by De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling, Sane, Aguero etc but we'll find out for sure in the long term.

As for the buy back clause, I'm baffled people think that because of this Man City must "rate him" - for all we know they pretended to demand it to get a bigger fee out of us,that can happening in any negotiation, with our negotiating team I get the feeling we would fall for anything.

That would only hold weight it he was only scoring for Man City. For his national team he has John Obi Mikel, Onazi (plays in Turkey) and Nididi in midfield and Moses and Iwobi on the wings and still puts goals in the net with them. I would say Leicester's system isn't functioning properly.

He needs to improve though.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

I think we could shove Musa up front for Man City and he'd score goals. What worries me about our recruitment now is we don't seem to be buying players who fit into our ethos, something we always did a few years ago and was the centre of our success, I can get the arguments saying we aren't playing to a certain way for a player but yesterday at times he didn't even look like he was making an effort and this is on his first full start.

There is no point is looking at players scoring for teams who create 25 chances a match and thinking he'll do a job for us, here you have to work hard for your goals.

On the flip side I think of you put Aguero or Jesus in this side I don’t think they’d know what they’re doing. 

I just think it’s sad to see people getting on his back already. The amount of players we’ve done that with that turn out to be quality should act as a lesson to us

Just now, TheHitman™ said:

That would only hold weight it he was only scoring for Man City. For his national team he has John Obi Mikel, Onazi (plays in Turkey) and Nididi in midfield and Moses and Iwobi on the wings and still puts goals in the net with them. I would say Leicester's system isn't functioning properly.

He needs to improve though.

This is the list of teams he has scored against at international level.

Mali

Luxembourg

Tanzania

Zambia

Senegal

Togo

Cameroon

I don't think we should read too much into that.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

I'm sorry but you can't expect to make top 8 in the premier league if you fail to create chances. Might as well just buy a ton of tall players and players that are good at set pieces if that's the case. The fact is that the team has to adjust because from what we are seeing, none of this is working. Leicester is in the bottom three and only gained 3 points out of a possible 9 from opponents around them because of bad coaching. That's the hard truth.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

On the flip side I think of you put Aguero or Jesus in this side I don’t think they’d know what they’re doing. 

I just think it’s sad to see people getting on his back already. The amount of players we’ve done that with that turn out to be quality should act as a lesson to us

But they would, they are fantastic footballers and you would tell immediately by touch, composure etc that they are genuine quality.

The "Messi would look crap in our team" is the most ridiculous and hyperbolic argument football fans bring to the table, it just isn't true, Aguero wouldnt control the ball and knock it ten yards in front of him just because he came into our team.

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

Mali

Luxembourg

Tanzania

Zambia

Senegal

Togo

Cameroon

Senegal and Cameroon, (especially Senegal) have players from the top 5 leagues in their defense. These aren't like playing league 1 or Championship sides either.

Senegal has midfielders from West Ham, Everton and Monaco and a top defender in the Serie A (Koulibaly from Napoli) in their team.

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

But they would, they are fantastic footballers and you would tell immediately by touch, composure etc that they are genuine quality.

The "Messi would look crap in our team" is the most ridiculous and hyperbolic argument football fans bring to the table, it just isn't true, Aguero wouldnt control the ball and knock it ten yards in front of him just because he came into our team.

But what clear cut chances do we create? Don’t matter how good you are, if we are just hoofing aimless balls up front we ain’t gonna score enough goals. Ok occasionally the likes of Aguero and Jesus will score something from nothing but that’s why they are at a top club. 

Yeah theyd have have some nice touches and flashes of quality but barring running it past everyone and sticking it in the net we’d have the same problems. They’d control a ball and play it out to Albrighton who would launch and aimless ball into the box. Or lay it off to Ndidi looking for the return ball that would never come. Think you are being incredibly harsh after one start

Feel sorry for the guy as he isnt going to fit in with our 'unique' style of play. By unique i mean the side ways shuffle then hoof out of play style.

'Side to side we go, where the ball ends up no body knows!'.

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

But what clear cut chances do we create? Don’t matter how good you are, if we are just goofing aimless balls up front we ain’t gonna score enough goals. Ok occasionally the likes of Aguero and Jesus will score something from nothing but that’s why they are at a top club. 

Yeah theyd have have some nice touches and flashes of quality but barring running it past everyone and sticking it in the net we’d have the same problems. They’d control a ball and play it out to Albrighton who would launch and aimless ball into the box. Or lay it off to Ndidi looking for the return ball that would never come. Think you are being incredibly harsh after one start

Don;t disagree with much here, our centre midfield now is clearly the problem, hopeless in terms of creating chances for the team.

Biggest problem I saw with Iheanacho last night was a lack of effort though, at times he looked like he wasn't that bothered and if he's like that on first appearance I'm worried.

He was playing outside the box

that is very stupid

guys only strength is tap ins,he is good in box,not outside it

and i did not see any reason gettting him,when there was noone in team who could make chances for this kid

dumb decisions all the way

Just now, MattP said:

Don;t disagree with much here, our centre midfield now is clearly the problem, hopeless in terms of creating chances for the team.

Biggest problem I saw with Iheanacho last night was a lack of effort though, at times he looked like he wasn't that bothered and if he's like that on first appearance I'm worried.

Yep very true. I think it’s fair to say that nobody at the club should be happy with their level of performance right now

3 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Well West Ham fans think they dodged a bullet by not going in for Iheanacho but this is only a couple of quotes, will he eventually turn up for us and do what we paid £25m for or will he continue to struggle ?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/10/16/west-ham-fans-react-on-twitter-to-25m-leicester-striker-kelechi/

"Look at what these 5 random West Ham fans said on Twitter". I hate these so-called 'articles'. Give him time to bed in. We're in a bad run of form so obviously it'll be hard for him.

It was always quite weird that people convinced themselves he was a number 10.

Clearly he wasn't very good last night but he's a finisher and we got the ball to our strikers in the box approximately 0 times until the formation change

Whoever thought we would be the perfect foil for Vardy was clearly retarded.... I don’t think he is a poor player, but I think he is very much in the mould of Bony and Yakubu... all of the hard work has to be done for him, he’s never going to be a vardy is he? He scored goals at Man City because he was world class around him... he won’t work unless we change our style...

The problem is Okazaki plays that role superbly, however he doesn’t consistently contribute with goals, which results in his omission, the simple fact is we can’t function without Okazaki.... unfortunately Kalechi will never work unless we play to his strengths, which are so far removed from our current style it won’t ever happen....  I’d love to see what research they do before signing players, because currently none fit the bill.... so I’d like to ask Craig what exactly he is doing with the side....

5 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

Whoever thought we would be the perfect foil for Vardy was clearly retarded.... I don’t think he is a poor player, but I think he is very much in the mould of Bony and Yakubu... all of the hard work has to be done for him, he’s never going to be a vardy is he? He scored goals at Man City because he was world class around him... he won’t work unless we change our style...

The problem is Okazaki plays that role superbly, however he doesn’t consistently contribute with goals, which results in his omission, the simple fact is we can’t function without Okazaki.... unfortunately Kalechi will never work unless we play to his strengths, which are so far removed from our current style it won’t ever happen....  I’d love to see what research they do before signing players, because currently none fit the bill.... so I’d like to ask Craig what exactly he is doing with the side....

........he's making it up as he goes! 

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Yep very true. I think it’s fair to say that nobody at the club should be happy with their level of performance right now

I think that Nacho had a genuine "wtf I'm doing hier? why did I come?" moment. He seriously didn't know if he had to play as a 10, drop back to support the midfield which would bypass him anyway or play more upfront just to be peppered with hoofs he wouldn't get.

I still ask myself what he was supposed to do yesterday. He's clearly no Shinji so it can't possibly be that he has been tasked to play as such.

21 minutes ago, weller54 said:

........he's making it up as he goes! 

Add Marcia to that list. When our recruitment was lauded the world over, we were told about how we used stats, watched players numerous times and made sure we recruited players that fitted into our style. Now we just seem to pick random players. We needed an upgrade on Okazaki, yet we've spent  53M on Slim and Nacho who don't complement Vardy but compete with him. We've got 3 good finishers but nobody to create. Since Kante left we've needed another dynamic all action midfielder, yet we've gone and got Iborra. Seeing how we play in the PL compared to how Sevilla play in La Liga must be an absolute culture shock. We blame the players but the recruiting is equally at fault for buying square pegs to fit in round holes. Nacho was a shambles last night, completely clueless and i genuinely felt sorry for him. Whenever the camera went to him, he was looking around with a blank expression.

15 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Add Marcia to that list. When our recruitment was lauded the world over, we were told about how we used stats, watched players numerous times and made sure we recruited players that fitted into our style. Now we just seem to pick random players. We needed an upgrade on Okazaki, yet we've spent  53M on Slim and Nacho who don't complement Vardy but compete with him. We've got 3 good finishers but nobody to create. Since Kante left we've needed another dynamic all action midfielder, yet we've gone and got Iborra. Seeing how we play in the PL compared to how Sevilla play in La Liga must be an absolute culture shock. We blame the players but the recruiting is equally at fault for buying square pegs to fit in round holes. Nacho was a shambles last night, completely clueless and i genuinely felt sorry for him. Whenever the camera went to him, he was looking around with a blank expression.

His image rights not been sorted yet then?

On 17.10.2017 at 14:11, MattP said:

Mali

Luxembourg

Tanzania

Zambia

Senegal

Togo

Cameroon

You can only score against what you play. Senegal is one of the most valuable sides in the world as per Transfermarkt, Mali, Zambia and Cameroon are all good sides, among the best in Africa and some of his goals were key ones.

Overall though Iheanacho has played very poor by 2015/2016 standards and regressed since 2016. Something is obviously wrong with his confidence and the style visibly doesn't suit him. He obviously needs to play more, get into the flow of things, but he is not just good at tap-ins. He wasn't such a player at U17 level and wasn't earlier. He seems lost, lacking confidence and obviously needs to get the ball more, get accustomed to the style. He has much more than just tapping in goals. He even used to be a very competent dribbler, but it seems Guardiola has done something to that aspect of his game.

On 17.10.2017 at 14:03, foxfanazer said:

Exactly he was getting good service and was performing. We hoof it all the time and criticise our strikers for not scoring. 

As for the buy back clause that’s guess work so can’t really comment 

That would be true if he had numerous scoring opportunities and managed to convert a few. But the fact is he had few scoring opportunities at Man City, but his conversion rate was very high, elite level. And its been so for Nigeria as well.

Put a lot of other strikers in his place and they would never convert as many goals.

Either he's still not fully-fit or low on confidence/morale, who knows.

But, there's winnable games coming up and if he still doesn't find the back of the net relatively soon - then you would then think he's not progressed well.

Archived