Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Iheanacho

12 minutes ago, Adster said:

Why did he put Iheanacho on the wing? It's no surprise he was terrible playing out of position.

Iheanacho on the wing

Albrighton central

Chilwell left wing

Okazaki wherever he was today

Some strange decisions in three games

20 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Anyone getting slightly concerned about this guy?... 

Any chance he'll come good?.. 

I'm far from convinced he's going to fulfill the potential we thought he had...another Musa? 

16 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Not just judging him on today's game.. He hasn't had one decent game since he's been here? 

How do you think he played today ?

Will be really interested to see what you thought about his movement , first touch , desire etc

6 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

How do you think he played today ?

Will be really interested to see what you thought about his movement , first touch , desire etc

None to them all but he still looks injured to me, although he wasn’t on international duty so maybe just here lol

Looks like slim is off in jan, with nacho and Okazaki as back up, I do worry where the goals will come from, still don’t think nacho suits us, but won’t write him off yet, as puel next season will make big changes in our style, better football, less hoof ball, which  might suit him better, but he does look poor at present 

Everyone on here was bashing themselves silly at the thought of him signing, then Spurs were linked and we all said do one to them, then we had the inevitable Leicester delay and people were thinking he'd never sign, then we do sign him and suddenly people are saying he's shite! Seriously, I'm one of the pessimists one here but give the guy a chance, play him to his strengths and he will bang them in I'm sure. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Everyone on here was bashing themselves silly at the thought of him signing, then Spurs were linked and we all said do one to them, then we had the inevitable Leicester delay and people were thinking he'd never sign, then we do sign him and suddenly people are saying he's shite! Seriously, I'm one of the pessimists one here but give the guy a chance, play him to his strengths and he will bang them in I'm sure. 

Can't see how you play him and Vardy together?.. If he's an out and out striker like some are saying? 

Give him time.

He only turned 21 last month so still very young and he's had had 2 league starts. Far too early to judge.

He was played out of position today for some reason, so not ideal. 

We clearly rate him highly as we paid £25m for him, he just has to find his position in the team and get a run of games. 

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Can't see how you play him and Vardy together?.. If he's an out and out striker like some are saying? 

I agree mate, which means I think we should consider not relying on Vardy every game, and trust me I love a Vards to bits but we need to look at other options sometimes. 

33 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Man City must be laughing all the way to the bank, 25 mil what a fcuking waist of money, no wonder they sold him when you look who they have, he must have been about 10th in the pecking order.

If they thought he was that bad they wouldn't have put a buy back clause in

When we hit our intense run of games in December/ January I think we will learn a lot more about him. From the little we have seen I prefer Slimani who looks like far more of a goal threat and a good option to have. 

Playing him on the left wing was weird but Puel was probably trying to incorporate him in some way, though of course he looked lost. If he was purchased with a view to being a link man then I think we got the wrong player. Just doesn’t look cut out for it. 

I also feel it could upset other members of the squad. He’s looked poor in every appearance for us so far and though he’s young, he came with an expensive price tag. The worst thing I can say is that when he comes on we get worse going forward rather than better!

It would be great to see him come good but I feel like his style isn’t suited to ours. He’s not got the pace or work rate to stretch play / get in behind neither the deft touch to play as a 10. And he’s no aerial threat either. He’s more of a poacher type in the Hernandez mold to me. 

I hope I'm proved wrong but I feel like he will just become a bench warmer and that we will probably bring in another winger / creative type (Ben Arfa) who will work better with our other attacking players. 

Archived