Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Iheanacho

It’s unfair to write someone off after just a few games and who is so young. That said he needs better coaching because he looked lost out there, not knowing his role in the team. Sadly I’d say he was our worst player by far yesterday with his only meaningful action being giving away a silly foul from which they scored from. 

We have too many strikers in the squad and not enough players who can create and get involved. 

Like someone else has mentioned, the poor kid looked confused, he didn't know if he was being as to drop back or push on. It was like he and vardy have never played or practiced together. He obviously has the talent, however he's not been managed/coach well. I have a feeling a major overhaul of coaching and managerial staff is needed to bring a fresh approach to the club, we've taken 'but we won the league' and ran with it for far too long. 

Anyone wanting to blame the boy is a ****ing idiot. 

He's come from a team that like to pass it around, keep the ball and create chances and he's been bought by a hoof ball team with no idea how to utilise him who couldn't break down a non league defence. 

Really not his fault at all. You could send Ronaldo out there and he'd look lost surrounded by our lot. ****ing useless. 

He was crap last night, doesn't mean he's a crap player, but he was easily marked out the game by one of the best defensive units in the league. This lead to him getting frustrated and trying to do too much with the what little possession he had and fvcking it up.

With our midfield and their defence, you need patience and to keep making those runs, but he isn't Vardy and he isn't Okazaki and that formation doesn't work without Shinji. At least we didn't lump it at him all game. Big Slim looked a better option when he came on all energy and bustle, but it was a different formation and a different stage of the game. 1-0 down needing a goal it is easy to know what to do.

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

Like someone else has mentioned, the poor kid looked confused, he didn't know if he was being as to drop back or push on. It was like he and vardy have never played or practiced together. He obviously has the talent, however he's not been managed/coach well. I have a feeling a major overhaul of coaching and managerial staff is needed to bring a fresh approach to the club, we've taken 'but we won the league' and ran with it for far too long. 

He has been raised inside teams who were playing a possession game.

If only his profile was of a plain target man or n°10, he would find his marks in the span of a couple of games.

Being a false 9 thrown out in a squad who thrives on hoofty-toofty space orbital balls will take a moment to adapt to.

The key thing for Iheanacho is to somehow retain confidence and to forge a way in to this team and somehow prosper, it'll be nigh on impossible as this set up suits only two players Okazaki and Vardy our main man. Anyone else is living off scraps and you'd want out of here quickly if you could. Best thing to do would be to ping our fat manager and tell him to get fcuked.

Will give him time but we've got to see an improvement soon, certainly in terms of attitude, he didn't look interested at times yesterday and we are not a team who can carry players who don't look bothered.

Can't really blame the management for that, how do we sign players for huge sums many who struggle to even control a football? I don't get it at all.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah it’s just a coincidence that all these players have been great for their previous clubs but dog shit for us. Can’t possibly be anything to do with our style of play or coaching 

He obviously wasn't that great was he? They wouldn't have sold him if he was.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

They wouldn’t put a buy back clause if he wasn’t. Oh and the goals to minutes ratio would suggest he’s pretty decent

I think that ratio might have more to do with being supplied by De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling, Sane, Aguero etc but we'll find out for sure in the long term.

As for the buy back clause, I'm baffled people think that because of this Man City must "rate him" - for all we know they pretended to demand it to get a bigger fee out of us,that can happening in any negotiation, with our negotiating team I get the feeling we would fall for anything.

Just now, MattP said:

I think that ratio might have more to do with being supplied by De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling, Sane, Aguero etc but we'll find out for sure in the long term.

As for the buy back clause, I'm baffled people think that because of this Man City must "rate him" - for all we know they pretended to demand it to get a bigger fee out of us,that can happening in any negotiation, with our negotiating team I get the feeling we would fall for anything.

Exactly he was getting good service and was performing. We hoof it all the time and criticise our strikers for not scoring. 

As for the buy back clause that’s guess work so can’t really comment 

Archived