Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Iheanacho

2 hours ago, the fox said:

not blaming vardy but, it's frustrating that he can't play with another natural striker

lol who says he can’t? The issue is more than Vardy can’t play with another striker. If we played an out and out striker in our current team we would have Vardy, Iheanacho, Mahrez and Gray. That’s fair enough at home to lesser teams but any manager who lined up like that again Man City, Spurs, Liverpool etc needs to give his head a wobble.

Our team has been all about balance and I don’t know about you but our defence has looked way from able to do it alone without support from other areas of the pitch.

Early days but it's got flop written all over it. Just doesn't look one bit a good fit to our side. Same problem as Slimani. That's what happens when you go from well thought out signings to scattergun which is what we've done for some bizarre reason.

12 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

The issue I have with him is usually if a player has quality, you can see it even if he’s not fit or playing out of position.

This bloke looks bloody awful.  He doesn’t really appear to be able to do anything well.

He must be a good player given how highly Man City rate him and the buyback clause they insisted on, but right now, I can’t see any reason why he’s anywhere near the first team.

If I was being cynical I'd say they used that to get what we paid up.

9 hours ago, Slim Dog said:

I give up with some people on here. You can only find consistency when you play consistently. The only way Nacho is going to start at the minute is if he knocks Vardy out the team, but when the whole play style centers around Vardy, and he only gets a few minutes, he's got no hope. 

He got limited time out on the wing yesterday, yet he's getting singled out? Plenty more players to have a moan at.

Acting like the £25mil came out of your pocket. Also, there's a reason Man city wanted a buyback clause so bad.

Get a grip.

Although I’m far from writing this guy off myself but what you’ve written is proven wrong by the guy you have written it about. Nacho made his name with goalscoring cameos at City, so I’m not too concerned he isn’t getting starts, he just needs to find a bit of form.

5 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

More like rudkin got mugged off as ususal

Based on your professional football scouting judgement and not random dislike over 250 minutes (out of 1080 minutes) of football (with no preseason beforehand), right?

17 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Based on your professional football scouting judgement and not random dislike over 250 minutes (out of 1080 minutes) of football (with no preseason beforehand), right?

No more like Rudkins track record. Not doubting the players ability but until Vardy is no longer number one he wont fit in here.

On 11/19/2017 at 15:16, Slim Dog said:

I give up with some people on here. You can only find consistency when you play consistently. The only way Nacho is going to start at the minute is if he knocks Vardy out the team, but when the whole play style centers around Vardy, and he only gets a few minutes, he's got no hope. 

He got limited time out on the wing yesterday, yet he's getting singled out? Plenty more players to have a moan at.

Acting like the £25mil came out of your pocket. Also, there's a reason Man city wanted a buyback clause so bad.

Get a grip.

Amen to that. The easiness with which people write a player off, or a manager for that matter, is staggering. The guy came in an underperforming team which doesn't play to his strenghts (another striker comes to mind), lived on scraps and people are already killing him off. I'm certain that Puel will get something from him. It's also about time we start to get out the Vardy dependance and look for alternative set-ups, or maybe was it the point when we bought Musa, Nacho and Slim?

Can't wait for experts bashing Silva after two games.

On 18 November 2017 at 17:35, Micky said:

Does he not want to be here rama?

Don't know

My comment was more about people writing him off that don't even attend the games so have no idea what he is doing off the ball etc etc

Usual posters just moaning for the sake of it across a variety of different topics without even seeing what is actually seeing taking place on the pitch ( or in Rudkns case what is going on off the pitch ) 

Something or even anything remotely constructive in their moaning would make it slightly more bareable

31 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Amen to that. The easiness with which people write a player off, or a manager for that matter, is staggering. The guy came in an underperforming team which doesn't play to his strenghts (another striker comes to mind), lived on scraps and people are already killing him off. I'm certain that Puel will get something from him. It's also about time we start to get out the Vardy dependance and look for alternative set-ups.

Can't wait for experts bashing Silva after two games.

We have to give him time!.... 

3 games? 

57 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The flaws aren't entirely with the player. As said earlier in the thread, we can't find any proper way of accommodating him. The second summer running we've spent absurd money on a number 9 when we needed a 10.

Precisely. Mind you, didn't Everton buy a load of 10's when they needed a 9? Perhaps the two clubs should have a chat, though I'd want to keep Iheanacho. 

I think we need to give him time to settle. A few factors to consider are that he joined the club and we had a poor start to the season which isn't good for anyone's confidence. He hasn't played much and has often played out of position. We haven't found a system that suits him and haven't found a way of playing him with Vardy. We all know vardy is our number 1 striker so it's going to be difficult to integrate Iheancho in, especially if hes not going to play much. But long term we do need a replacement for Vardy. Whether Iheancho can be that man, who knows. We certainly cant make that judgement yet after only a handful of games. But will he stay around long enough to become Vardys replacement if hes not going to play. And as much as I love vardy, hes not been playing well at all lately. Looks a shadow of his former self at the moment. 
 My mates that have season tickets at man city really rate him but at city, with their players and their style he would have got plenty of chances to score.  Not sure he'll get that here. 

hes had a lot of game time, ask slim. sub in nearly every game when fit.

On 11/20/2017 at 20:59, Dan LCFC said:

The flaws aren't entirely with the player. As said earlier in the thread, we can't find any proper way of accommodating him. The second summer running we've spent absurd money on a number 9 when we needed a 10.

Frustratingly though, the player himself say's he is a 10.

Archived