Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Iheanacho

2 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

He has to start games, same with Iborra.

Can't help thinking that this is the way to go, and start to evolve a system around them. It's a desperate way to do it, but how else are we going to get away from the 4-4-2 that increasingly doesn't fit with our current squad?

We keep signing players who lead the the line well, but ask them to play in a supporting role.

Its so frustrating. Plain and simply the only player who can fill the gap adequately between midfield and attack, in a 442  is  shinji.  

If the system stays the same it has to be shinji and Vardy/ Slimani/ Iheanacho or it won't work. 

I always hear that it's Vardy who is the player that makes this system work. It's not, It's shinji. 

Shinji had a bad game yesterday and no surprises the system didn't work.  It sounds like I'm a shinji fan boy but it's not the case, just an observation. I personally think we need to change the shape as both Slimani and Iheanacho would improve the team, Shakey just has to be brave enough.

The fact that the King Iheanancho partnership--a partnership with King threading through beatiful little balls towards Nacho's incredible footballing brain--has failed to materialise must be one of football's greatest mysteries.

If I were the owners I'd be furious about our constant waste of money. According to transfermarket.com we've spent £157.45m in the last two years and only Maguire and Ndidi are first team regulars.

It's absolutely criminal, we'd have been better off having a self enforced transfer embargo since we won the title.

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If I were the owners I'd be furious about our constant waste of money. According to transfermarket.com we've spent £157.45m in the last two years and only Maguire and Ndidi are first team regulars.

It's absolutely criminal, we'd have been better off having a self enforced transfer embargo since we won the title.

What's frustrating is that:

Zieler 

Simpson Maguire Dragovic Chilwell 

Ndidi

Iborra Mendy

Musa Slimani Iheanacho 

Should really be a good enough side to beat Huddersfield and Bournemouth if they were coached and organised correctly instead of being shoehorned in to a terrible, undirected 4411 hoof ball system of "everyone back and kick it to Vardy." 

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

We keep signing players who lead the the line well, but ask them to play in a supporting role.

Its so frustrating. Plain and simply the only player who can fill the gap adequately between midfield and attack, in a 442  is  shinji.  

If the system stays the same it has to be shinji and Vardy/ Slimani/ Iheanacho or it won't work. 

I always hear that it's Vardy who is the player that makes this system work. It's not, It's shinji. 

Shinji had a bad game yesterday and no surprises the system didn't work.  It sounds like I'm a shinji fan boy but it's not the case, just an observation. I personally think we need to change the shape as both Slimani and Iheanacho would improve the team, Shakey just has to be brave enough.

This is because we don't have a box to box midfielder that can bring the ball forward and create chances. In a physical game he's just too lightweight.

6 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

U r right.....  a text book lesson in how to get low value from the window

Are we going back to the pretence that LCFC exists to make money instead of to win football matches?

Also players tend to be cheaper earlier in transfer windows ;)

Look at MCFC, got their business done early and its showing. Team glued together prior to first EPL game.

Ask any manager, they will say, business should be done as early as possible for best season preparations.

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Well Mendy was loaned out when he could have stayed and be in the first team.

A lot of the other signings didnt suit our system and we have employed a manager who wants to hoof ball, owners or DoF decision for the manager.

The answer isnt to cripple the transfers by enforcing sales before purchases, its to make the scout system work better with the management team so we signing players suitable for what the manager wants.

A lot of that spending has also been on forwards where our problem has been getting the ball to the forwards, not the forwards themselves.

Something isnt sitting right in how we deciding on players to buy, as if the owners or DoF are picking players and telling the manager to get on with it.

3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Are we going back to the pretence that LCFC exists to make money instead of to win football matches?

Also players tend to be cheaper earlier in transfer windows ;)

Look at MCFC, got their business done early and its showing. Team glued together prior to first EPL game.

Ask any manager, they will say, business should be done as early as possible for best season preparations.

You do realise that with the best will in the world, it isn't always going to be possible though, right? It's not like Leicester control the markets, there are other teams involved. 

• 3 weeks later...

Iheanacho will flop here. I'm absolutely sure of it. I take no pleasure in saying that but to me it looks like Slimani all over again, a forward who clearly does have some strengths, but nothing that really fits in with how we'll play.

I expect this to be another signing where we end up questioning if the recruitment and management ever actually talk to each other.

On 10/1/2017 at 18:15, Gerard said:

It's a disgrace. Considering what relative peanuts we built that title winning side on too. ****ing pathetic.

40 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Iheanacho will flop here. I'm absolutely sure of it. I take no pleasure in saying that but to me it looks like Slimani all over again, a forward who clearly does have some strengths, but nothing that really fits in with how we'll play.

I expect this to be another signing where we end up questioning if the recruitment and management ever actually talk to each other.

If Guardiola wanted a buy back clause so bad then this kid has talent.

Our recruitment is good IMO. It's our coaching staff which seems to be letting us down. Our attackers don't spend enough time in the attacking third to be judged fairly.

Started two games - so let's give him a chance. Looked confused as to where he should be playing, come deep or play further forward. Ultimately we either played it short across the back or played it long to Vardy, so he saw little of the ball. He needs time and a clear role. 

Archived