Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Iheanacho

They wouldn’t put a buy back clause if he wasn’t. Oh and the goals to minutes ratio would suggest he’s pretty decent

again look who he was playing with

the likes of silva and kdb

hoofball isnt to blame for his lack of ability to control the ball and his attitude

makes you wonder if the buyback is what the plsyer wanted not man city and yes they would have loaned him out instead of selling if they really rated him

Whoever thought we would be the perfect foil for Vardy was clearly retarded.... I don’t think he is a poor player, but I think he is very much in the mould of Bony and Yakubu... all of the hard work has to be done for him, he’s never going to be a vardy is he? He scored goals at Man City because he was world class around him... he won’t work unless we change our style...

The problem is Okazaki plays that role superbly, however he doesn’t consistently contribute with goals, which results in his omission, the simple fact is we can’t function without Okazaki.... unfortunately Kalechi will never work unless we play to his strengths, which are so far removed from our current style it won’t ever happen....  I’d love to see what research they do before signing players, because currently none fit the bill.... so I’d like to ask Craig what exactly he is doing with the side....

i expect rudkin forced him into the team to justify the purchase

He gave the ball away a bit against dirty Leeds but tbf he’s ex man citeh and as pep has informed us this week, the mcfc boys are too good to play well with the mitre ball. The rest of us shithouse teams did well because we aren’t as good so can play with the mitre. Thanks for highlighting this pep.

He will look better if we are possession based team as he's good with the ball but we haven't been until now.

His movement off the ball seem to be lacking so he needs to adopt if he wants to play in counter-attacking games likely to be continued under Puel.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, weller54 said:

Anyone getting slightly concerned about this guy?... 

Any chance he'll come good?.. 

I'm far from convinced he's going to fulfill the potential we thought he had...another Musa? 

We bought a natural finisher, yet we stick him out wide and seem to expect him to run past everyone.

When Nacho comes on he has to be in and around the box and the rest of the team have to feed him. That means Vardy has to drop deeper or go wide. It is the same with Slimani, he needs to be in the box and get service from the wings. We can't spend 90 minutes playing Vardy ball especially against Man City.

I think hes not as good as many of us thought, but he's not Musa bad. Once Puel gets the team passing and playing some football as opposed to chip and chase, he'll become more involved. I can seem him doing much better with Silva and Iborra in the team.

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Anyone getting slightly concerned about this guy?... 

Any chance he'll come good?.. 

I'm far from convinced he's going to fulfill the potential we thought he had...another Musa? 

He's streets ahead Musa. He's had just scraps until now and I can't believe he's not part of Puel's plans. This forum has no credibility when it comes to judge players (aside frome me naturally). People dismissed Iborra after 1 game and deemed a three time EL winner not good enough for the mighty LCFC.

He's a possession type player and will come good. No doubt about it. Cut the guy some slack

In the current way we play he'll go the way of Slim I think. Doesn't really fit our old philosophy of hoofing to Vardy. Confident Puel will change this, when Fuchs, Albrighton, Simpson and Morgan are no longer required we'll actually keep position and play in a way that suits more than just Vardy.

Archived