Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Iheanacho

12 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Won't happen then as he's not going to replace Vardy unless it's just Cup matches.. 

Weird signing in the first place as he just doesn't fit into our system,  not only that though,  he looks slow,  weighty and his first touch is Ulloaesque! 

That’s the reality. Agree with you!

I think we need to give him time to settle. A few factors to consider are that he joined the club and we had a poor start to the season which isn't good for anyone's confidence. He hasn't played much and has often played out of position. We haven't found a system that suits him and haven't found a way of playing him with Vardy. We all know vardy is our number 1 striker so it's going to be difficult to integrate Iheancho in, especially if hes not going to play much. But long term we do need a replacement for Vardy. Whether Iheancho can be that man, who knows. We certainly cant make that judgement yet after only a handful of games. But will he stay around long enough to become Vardys replacement if hes not going to play. And as much as I love vardy, hes not been playing well at all lately. Looks a shadow of his former self at the moment. 

My mates that have season tickets at man city really rate him but at city, with their players and their style he would have got plenty of chances to score.  Not sure he'll get that here. 

Vardy's our main man- that's the reality, and rightly so.

I haven't been impressed with Iheanacho at all. He looks sluggish- constantly on his heels which means he doesn't get on the end of passes he should, loses out in 50/50s, etc. 

He probably needs a run of games to get a bit of sharpness, but he's a million miles from earning any substantial playing time over Vardy.

The 2017 main signings have been of benefit except iheanacho. 

Ndidi , iborra and maguire have all been reasonable with maguire prone to an error or 2.

On average at least 1 signing was bound to be a disappointment. 

Nobody expected nacho to take over from vardy but you'd have expected at least 1 league goal from a £25 million fee by now. 

I really wanted him at the club and was ecstatic when we got him but I have to admit he looks woefully short on quality from what he’s done in a City shirt

He doesn't seem suited to the style of play, his touch is awful and he doesn’t even look close to getting any chances

I honestly think he’s 4th choice now and maybe even 5th if Puel continues to play Mahrez centrally 

Hope I’m Wrong but maybe a loan in Jan might be best for him because unfortunately we can’t afford to give him to required game time to get up to speed 

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Too early to judge on Iheanacho. What with his injury and general Leicester chaos.

We've seen he can finish very well though. Probably potential to be our /one of our best finisher/s

What his 1 goal in the league cup against Leeds reserve keeper?? Nothing like clutching at straws.

3 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

What his 1 goal in the league cup against Leeds reserve keeper?? Nothing like clutching at straws.

I think you are being a bit OTT. He hasn’t looked very good at all but he needs more of a chance before we start talking about shipping him out ASAP.

I think part of the problem with our alternative strikers is that the team does not adapt to play to their strengths. By way of example we don’t put any more quality crosses into the box when Slimani is up front and when Iheanacho is playing we don’t work the ball to lay it on a plate for him 3 yards out as Man City were able to do (no point doing this for Slim as he’d miss). 

You saw how they played yesterday, the chances they created. This what he has come from, we are miles away from that. 

He came on yesterday and got put on the wing.

I’m not even close to writing him off. 

14 minutes ago, Livid said:

You saw how they played yesterday, the chances they created. This what he has come from, we are miles away from that. 

He will never fit in here as we will never play that way. Square peg in a round hole.

When you only play long balls it' going to be hard for a striker like Iheanacho to score. If you look at games where he was successful in man city it was because they played ball to feet and keep the ball on the ground in the final third. The long ball behind space suits Vardy because he has pace. 

The team's system only suits players heavily dependent on pace. There are a lot of mid table level strikers that would fail here. Iheanacho is good for his national team and was good at city. It may not be all on the player but maybe the team.

51 minutes ago, Livid said:

Good man!   We all need to give him a chance ffs.

2 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

People making too many excuses for him, he's young, unfit, needs time to adapt - nonsense, He doesn't even look up for it when he does play. 

There is a reason man city got shot of him with us being the only club in for him. 

The quicker we get rid the better.

Completely agree. 

His first touch is abysmal, he doesn't seem 'fired up' to impress and he doesn't seem to fit into whichever system we're playing.

Poor, poor signing.

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

He will never fit in here as we will never play that way. Square peg in a round hole.

That’s what worried me when we signed him but I just haven’t seen enough to write him off. 

I give up with some people on here. You can only find consistency when you play consistently. The only way Nacho is going to start at the minute is if he knocks Vardy out the team, but when the whole play style centers around Vardy, and he only gets a few minutes, he's got no hope. 

He got limited time out on the wing yesterday, yet he's getting singled out? Plenty more players to have a moan at.

Acting like the £25mil came out of your pocket. Also, there's a reason Man city wanted a buyback clause so bad.

Get a grip.

1 hour ago, the fox said:

not blaming vardy but, it's frustrating that he can't play with another natural striker

He could if we actually signed a deep lying striker, we keep signing line leading 9s and expecting them to work behind a 9. 

15 minutes ago, Wookie said:

He could if we actually signed a deep lying striker, we keep signing line leading 9s and expecting them to work behind a 9. 

This x3. Slimani, Musa, Nacho. Why do we keep buying players for the same position instead of buying a player who actually wants to play behind Vardy.

1 hour ago, Livid said:

That’s what worried me when we signed him but I just haven’t seen enough to write him off. 

Hope not too as i was genuinely excited at the prospect of him signing. Even Salami has done more to justify selection.

Archived