Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Chelsea post match 1-2

6 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Exactly this. Very negative so far this season. 

Imagine looking negative against the best teams, crazy... imagine attacking the best teams and getting spanked, people on here wouldn't moan just like they didn't after Spurs at home last year.

Just now, DatfoxesKid23 said:

we nearly held the champions to a draw without our full squad and people are moaning that we are mid table it was 1-2 not 0-3 

We should be winning despite spending less and losing our better players since winning the league. Boooooo...

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

This. We need an actual partnership with out best two attacking players. Vardy is top notch, we know this, but Slim doesn't connect with him and Shinji just blunders around for 70 minutes each week. We need Nacho and Vards in from the start from now on to actually try and build a top quality strike partnership. If Nacho is fit, then Shinji and to a degree Slim shouldn't be getting a look in. HOWEVER, I fully expect us to spend the next two seasons persisting with the latter and criminally using Nacho as a sub. That's the Leicester way. 

On top of this I'd add that we show far too much loyalty to players. We pay them to be here, leave it at that. When other clubs sign players, especially quality players, they whack them straight in the starting 11, we seem to want to leave then on the bench for the first few months and play then sporadically here and there for 15, 20 minutes. Out with the old in with the new me thinks. 

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Thought it was easy for Chelsea, other than 5 mins after the 1st goal, second half we huff and puffed! 

Shakespeare has me baffled, 3 games he has brought King on to make a midfield 3 and it hasn't worked and we have conceded a goal with in minutes. 

We seem to be going backwards, no midfield, other than Ndidi, James and King aren't the answer.

More worrying is we conceded very simple goals and have very little cutting edge! 

We need to keep hold of the ball more and look for players running into spaces this did not happen today. 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Thought it was easy for Chelsea, other than 5 mins after the 1st goal, second half we huff and puffed! 

Shakespeare has me baffled, 3 games he has brought King on to make a midfield 3 and it hasn't worked and we have conceded a goal with in minutes. 

We seem to be going backwards, no midfield, other than Ndidi, James and King aren't the answer.

More worrying is we conceded very simple goals and have very little cutting edge! 

Our midfield is shitt, that is why we resort to huff 'n puff.

The miracle season we had Drinky in the form of his life, with Kante alongside him.

No matter how you look at it, the Ndiddy-James-King trio is bottom table worthy at most.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Imagine looking negative against the best teams, crazy... imagine attacking the best teams and getting spanked, people on here wouldn't moan just like they didn't after Spurs at home last year.

To a degree fair enough, but to adopt negative tactics when you are already loosing? I'd rather just have a go. I believe we could have got three points today. Chelsea looked distinctly average. 

Let's all chill out and see where we are after 10 games. 

I don't think we have been that negative we're just not good enough to really hurt the big teams.

It hasn't helped that nacho has been injured / unfit. Iborra isn't fit either so Shakey hasn't got many options in midfield or attack really.

I'd like to see a 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 but we don't have enough midfielders fit or authorized to play at the minute.

We've only got Ndidi and James, that doesn't give us many formation choices.

11 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Nope, nope, nope. He took the right decision as the defender was expecting the pass to Vardy. Slim botched it, period. In the second one I agree that Mahrez should have, in many cases done, a bit better.

Shit happens, can't blame anyone for that. No place for slagging the manager off, the difference in quality was simply too big and the best midfielders were not avalaible. Loss was to expect. Next game.

I'm not slagging him off just think he could of got a few decisions different today and as for an expected loss I don't feel that way as any team we play is beatable if we have the right starting 11 formation and temperament !!

I just think we allowed Chelski far too much time on the ball show them far too much respect didn't bully them enough, that could be down to selection or whatever we were not even second best at times sloppy play weak passes etc

I for one am a Demarai Gray fan but the second half he didn't show us why Shaky should pick him over others, a few players today were a bit MIA and they need to look over this Game and see how we went wrong what we didn't do what we know we are capable of and causing damage to an opposition defence next league game v Hudders and we need to come home with all 3 points and win convincingly andbim really hoping the owners aren't trigger happy regarding shaky and give him time to get us back to form !!

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

To a degree fair enough, but to adopt negative tactics when you are already loosing? I'd rather just have a go. I believe we could have got three points today. Chelsea looked distinctly average. 

You don't think bringing on Gray and King was having a go?

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

You don't think bringing on Gray and King was having a go?

No. How Is bringing in King ever having a go? At best it was a negative packing out of the midfield, at worst it was an attempt to play 4-3-3 with two alongside Vardy, one of which was having a shocker and both of which don't like passing all that much. 

First half we looked steady, thought we would come out unchanged second half, and try and nick one.

The change at half time baffled me, didn't see the need for it, as I said, we looked ok first half, and the players didn't seem to know how to play in the formation, or what their jobs were.

Like has been said, Chelsea didn't really get out of second gear, and how lost the team looked second half, we was lucky Chelsea weren't more ruthless, they were happy to see it out at 2-0, and let us have a glimmer of hope by being sloppy.

Im losing confidence in the way the team is being run, but have to be realistic, we have played the big boys, Shakespeare is going to feel the pressure, as we need to be looking at a win next week, and against the lesser teams.

If you're angry at losing narrowly to Chelsea I think it's vital you take stock, yes we won the league but everyone else was horrible and we had some fantastic luck. We are not a top side, we should not be beating Chelsea, Arsenal(could have) or Man Utd on a consistent basis. Outside of the top 6/7 were just the best of the rest, that will become ever clear in the coming weeks :) 

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We should be winning despite spending less and losing our better players since winning the league. Boooooo...

With that mindset we wouldve never won the league.

2015/16

"Chelsea at home lets not attack as we nearly got relegated last year"

10 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

This. We need an actual partnership with out best two attacking players. Vardy is top notch, we know this, but Slim doesn't connect with him and Shinji just blunders around for 70 minutes each week. We need Nacho and Vards in from the start from now on to actually try and build a top quality strike partnership. If Nacho is fit, then Shinji and to a degree Slim shouldn't be getting a look in. HOWEVER, I fully expect us to spend the next two seasons persisting with the latter and criminally using Nacho as a sub. That's the Leicester way. 

Exactly. You could see the chemistry between vards and kelechi straight away. Vardy even looked surprised at one point when kelechi tried that little toe poke through to him. He deserves a partner who is on his level and actually wants to work with him. Plenty of positives I just hope shakey goes with those 2 up top as standard from now. Maguire is a beast, ndidi matched Kante and Gray played well when he came on.

Archived