Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Chelsea post match 1-2

next match line up * if we manage to get silva then james is off straight away  

schmiechel

simpson  morgan  maguire  fuchs

ndidi        iborra

james*

Mahrez          vardy          albrighton

1 minute ago, HoustonFox said:

Please use the quote button, no one knows who you are talking to.  Unless you are just shouting at the wind?! 

Very much shouting at the wind. I was curious to see if I wrote a generic response who would think it was aimed at them. Not aimed at any of you as it's all love from me. Peace out hombres!

59 minutes ago, AjcW said:

When we played 4-4-2 we were excellent. That 4-5-1 disaster was the deciding factor, that and Letting the Kante goal in.

Tough to call that first half excellent. We were mostly impotent on the attack, and defending the overwhelming majority of the time. 4-4-2 is fine, but not with that line-up. We need more creative players on the pitch from the start, not just when we're down 2-0. Gray should've played from the start, Iheanacho needs more than the odd 15 minute shift, and FFS Iborra needs to get healthy and Silva needs to get registered, we are getting very little offensively from our starting MFs.

We've lost to Chelsea and Arsenal by the odd goal and beat Brighton easily. Only Man U outplayed us as they have everyone.

Did people expect anything different?

Stop panicking and being silly. We're playing about the level you'd expect for a team aiming for a top 6-8 finish. We've had some bad luck with injuries bit basically the club and team have never been stronger.

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Again I point you to last season where we went nuts against Spurs and lost. It's a difficult balancing act.

Yes, but it doesn't mean that will happen every time we go for it. Had we not thrown the kitchen sink at Man U in 2014, or at Villa in 2015, history may have panned out very differently.

I was actually pleased with the performance. Thought Ndidi, Maguire, Morgan, Fuchs all looked the part. However I agree that there was a point there for the taking and you can't be blinded by the fact that the opposition are Chelsea. You don't finish mid-table in the PL without picking up points off the big teams at some stage or other. They're certainly not 'bonus points' as Micky Adams once put it.

I had a bit of an issue with both the team selection and the subs. Vardy-Slimani hasn't clicked in the past, both want to be 'number nines', and I didn't see why Chelsea was the day to give it another shot.

The subs didn't have a particularly positive impact again. Shaky overreacted to the half-time deficit, and we ended up lacking creativity second half. Our issue hadn't been 4-4-2. A bigger issue was the wastefulness of Mahrez and Slimani, perhaps immobility at times from James (he did improve, I thought, as it went on). We could have put Gray on for Mahrez, Iheanacho for Slimani. Or Gray for Slimani, allowing Mahrez or him to play in the ACM role in a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3, if we were keen to change system. King wasn't the right choice in the advanced role.

Hindsight's a fine thing though. So long as they keep up the work-rate and learn lessons, rather than shrugging and saying 'what do you expect against Chelsea?', I'll be happy.

1 hour ago, indierich06 said:

Bit annoying, but we all knew this would be a tough start for us. Beat Brighton convincingly, good performance against Arsenal - didn't expect much out of Man U or Chelsea. Too early too judge how the team and manager are doing considering the games we've played.

IDK if it is too early. We are seeing Shakey play too conservatively, worshiping the players who got him the job. He needs to let the other testicle drop and stop playing for 1-0 win with 20% possession and Vardy scoring on the counter. Our defense is not good enough to do that against the better attacking sides. We gift all sorts of possession with this personnel and mentality, and it makes the game much harder for no good reason. 

We aren't the scrappy team of 500k players anymore, and we aren't good enough defensively to hold teams like Man U or Chelsea scoreless. We need to play our f'ing talent to have any chance of winning, and choosing to do so with 15 minutes left in the game is not going to get the job done. 

To Shakey's credit, starting Slim should've gotten us the lead. Our squad isn't exactly clinical this season in front of the goal. 

24 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

No. How Is bringing in King ever having a go? At best it was a negative packing out of the midfield, at worst it was an attempt to play 4-3-3 with two alongside Vardy, one of which was having a shocker and both of which don't like passing all that much. 

We were getting overrun in midfield, an extra body was necessary and we improved second half.King is more of an attacking midfielder and Gray is less defensive than Albrighton.

Just now, Webbo said:

We were getting overrun in midfield, an extra body was necessary and we improved second half.King is more of an attacking midfielder and Gray is less defensive than Albrighton.

King was actually pretty effective today just makes me sad he is still an option for the first team.

10 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

We're playing about the level you'd expect for a team aiming for a top 6-8 finish.

No we're not. We need to take points off the top 7 to finish there and we're pointless in 3 attempts so far. We beat beat the bookies favorite to go down at home. That's not the kind of result propels teams into the European places. That's the kind of result that keeps teams up.

If it was the idea of king sitting on Cesc is didn't work....

I'm sorry but the "it's Chelsea what do you expect" statement is a shocking one...

The very fact we're all commenting on how average they were says it all... Chelsea will lose to lesser teams (apparently) than us today playing like that... we can definitely feel disappointed because we could, and probably should have got something from the game, had we had a bit more composure in the final third. 

And Gray really was terrible today, people are bashing Mahrez because of his pre-season antics, but when you've got no movement ahead of you, and four Chelsea players around you it's pretty ****ing hard to do anything.....

Fuchs, Gray, Maguire and King were all guilty of making poor decisions today, once or twice Mahrez was caught too but nothing like the above mentioned... WE made it easy for Chelsea today, when we could have made it far more difficult. 

Yes it's Chelsea, but I'm sorry I'm disappointed with the lads today, because we could have walked away with at least a point. I'd even go as far as swaying we let ourselves down a little bit... if we concede that sides like Chelsea are better than us than we may as well not bother, we didn't win the ****ing league by licking their arseholes and wanking off to Hazard did we? 

We need to believe in ourselves again, get stuck into these sides and show some bollocks, work on the final third.. because today that was the only difference between us and these great "champions" a little bit of composure and finesse. 

1 hour ago, Rasmic123 said:

We looked more likely to score after the subs, king came on and did a good job

Absolutely, the starting 11 were toothless, had no chance of winning the game. Once we brought in Gray, at least we had some hope, but if we're honest, the absence of anyone who can attack creatively at CM is really hurting us.

I think the one fwd look up top is just fine so long as we are playing both Gray and Mahrez, we need to compensate for Gray and Mahrez not getting back consistently. The problem is if we do it with Albrighton out there, then it is a mess.

The difference today was Mahrez - he had all of the best oportunities to produce chances

Did so badly i thought he was playing for them - i know he's potentially brilliant - but at the moment i wouldn't pick him to pick fruit 

Slimani either - clearly he either hasn't got it or doesn't want to produce it - apart from the fluffed chance i don't remember anyone mentioning his name

lcfc are all about trying and neither of them seemed to give a stuff  

18 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

We've lost to Chelsea and Arsenal by the odd goal and beat Brighton easily. Only Man U outplayed us as they have everyone.

Did people expect anything different?

Stop panicking and being silly. We're playing about the level you'd expect for a team aiming for a top 6-8 finish. We've had some bad luck with injuries bit basically the club and team have never been stronger.

Don't talk sense on here!

Everyone who's become a Leicester fan since we won the league expects us to roll over every team every week. It's just not acceptable if we can't.

Those of us who've supported the team longer and remember the ups and downs from yester-year need to find out tinted spectacles because, while what you're saying might make sense to the rational minds of some, the fans have tasted glory and anything short of winning each week and being of top of the league throughout the whole season and half the people on here might as well go back to supporting Chelsea or Man Utd. 

9 minutes ago, vanity said:

I understand why you'd say that. But the second half, when we brought in Iheanacho, and we played Gray, we started to look like a threat. If we can get Silva in and actually play an offensive line-up, we pose a threat to top-6 sides when attacking. 

The simple truth is that we need a CM who can create. Unfortunately, ours struggle to keep possession and complete passes to the right color jersey. NONETHELESS, we HAVE to make a concerted effort to stop starting a side that cannot keep possession and will be defending 80% of the time if we want to keep improving. It isn't just awful football to watch -- though it is, and that has an impact on prospective transfers -- but we need to take the step of playing the attacking players consistently, at the start of the game when it is 0-0, not when we are down a couple goals. The conservative crap will not help the team develop, and we need players like Iheanacho and Gray on the pitch, and NOT just for 15 minutes, 30 minutes, etc. Let them start playing games together for christ's sake. 

The question is, are we ever going to evolve? Are we ever going to see our best side out there? We only start attacking when behind. We are beholden to the memory of the 2015/2016 Leicester team, and that is NOT the sort of football we should be aspiring to with this team. I appreciate Andy King, and he's played better than I expected when pressed into service as a substitute of late, but no Leicester side with Matty James and Andy King in the middle are going to challenge 2017 Chelsea. The gap in class is just enormous. We need Silva registered, and we need Iborra healthy, ASAP. Frankly, we could've used Mendy today.

Well, CS has to work with the men at his disposal.

With a midfield of players lacking vision, creativity and passing ability, we should heavily rely on speed counters from the wings and bypass any build-up implying the midfield.

Last season i thought the Musa signing would have fit perfectly with that tactic, but he revealed to be a baffling flop.

Though,with that in mind, i have to state that Simpson is a weak link: he is alright in defense but contributes fxxck all going forward, which in a counter-attacking team like us is an abysmal downfall.

I just can't name any counter attacking team with their full back site-sitting behind.

We should either get him to force his nature and contribute up-front, or get an attack-minded right back in Jan.

Archived