Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Chelsea post match 1-2

Fuming. So pissed off.

Again we played well, I don't think we deserved to lose, but we can't keep saying this.

3 games now this season I've said this out of 4. Not good enough no matter who the opposition is.

Now, 'Scapegoats' cos that's what Foxestalk of old would call them regards my view of them. Slimani, get rid, get rid NOW, please, I'm begging you. Do us a favour. He's absolutely shite.

Mahrez, passing to his mate again. Algerian compatriot. ? If he's gonna play like that, get on the bench. Why, just why would you pass to Slimani and not Vardy?! That was 1-0, literally just before they went 0-1, that mistake changed the game. Get on the bench, your head clearly isn't with us.

Shakespeare, got Iheanacho on eventually. 5 - 10 minutes to late mind you.

Something gotta change, We're playing well but only got 3 points out of 4 games, forget the opposition, we've deserved more, we've not got more = massive frustration. Playing well doesn't get you points.

I'm pretty sure there's a good team in there somewhere but we haven't found it yet. But tbf we've played some decent teams. Even if Chelsea were missing a few in attack they're very good defensively and they kind of shut us down.

The half time subs were fine imo, just conceding that dumb second killed us. 

It's just frustrating that every big game is basically the same

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This. How is it Shakespeare's fault that the plan B is screwed almost instantly by a usually reliable keeper?

Most disappointing thing for me was the lack of urgency in the last ten. It was too easy for them.

I don't think we're fit enough

9 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Nope, nope, nope. He took the right decision as the defender was expecting the pass to Vardy. Slim botched it, period. In the second one I agree that Mahrez should have, in many cases done, a bit better.

Shit happens, can't blame anyone for that. No place for slagging the manager off, the difference in quality was simply too big and the best midfielders were not avalaible. Loss was to expect. Next game.

Pretty much why I can't come down on him too hard. Absolute nightmare run of fixtures and still missing players, notably Iborra and Silva.

Baffles me why he changed it at the start of the second half, we ended the half really strongly, should've given them 5-10 minutes.

Taking James off was stupid, he was doing well making runs down the right side.

Gray will never suit our style, not a team player, not willing to track back and only runs when he has the ball at his feet.

8 minutes ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

Yeah it was a shocker, but it's so rare from Schmeichel that I don't think it's really worth mentioning. There's bigger clubs than us who have very error-prone keepers (Mignolet and Karius, Bravo last season and even Lloris has a few howlers). My point is that I don't think it should be the main talking point of the match but I'm not overly concerned :).

I agree. 3-4 years between mistakes from Schmeichel

Hi People...... see FT has gone in to melt-down again

Didn't get a stream so don't know how we played but I wasn't expecting to much to be fair

I said after the first 7 games if we didn't have 9 points Shakespeare would be looking over his shoulder

Well we got two games to go and it's looking ominus  :(

1 minute ago, lucashm said:

I mean, i get that this is a Leicester forum, but do you really think you deserved a draw? Honestly, the amount of chances Chelsea wasted was ridiculous, and Maguire had an absolutely clear handball ignored, had our finishing been a bit better this would have been a thrashing If we are being honest.

I have to say though, Maguire and Ndidi are absolute gems, Hope you can keep them

It's a forum, we all have our own opinions. If Slimani had finished (as he should) in the first half we would have been a goal up and that would've put a different complexion on the game.

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This. How is it Shakespeare's fault that the plan B is screwed almost instantly by a usually reliable keeper?

Most disappointing thing for me was the lack of urgency in the last ten. It was too easy for them.

Agree, Dan. I think some folks on here are so desperate to pin it on Shakey, dislike King, or want players to play/be brought on even if the situation doesn't warrant it. 

Lack of urgency and Fabregas owning the midfield to pull the strings won the game for them. 

Poor by Kasper for Both Goals, Yet he played ok apart from the 2 goals. It looked like they had 12 players on the pitch. Fabregas was brilliant all day and they're all so good on the Ball.

Gray did ok and played a part in winning the penalty. Vardy was a pest as usual to defenders and nearly got an equalizer at the end.

All in all we did ok just lack the quality in the middle to control and dictate the game for us.

Shakey was proactive with the sub's, can't blame him for us conceding that second goal that should have been easy as you like to stop.

Fought back well at 2-0, on another day we get something from today. The second half XI is one I'd like to see us try from the start against "better" teams because James-Ndidi isn't going to work against top midfields.

On to next week!

2 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Well I disagree with you. Fabregas ran the game and allowed them to spread the play. Fuchs didn't pick up anyone all first half. 

You're saying Kante's 30 yd pea roller was down to the subs being wrong? Ok. 

No but we looked on the back foot as soon as we started that half. I don't think Fabregas ran the game, the first half was just lacking creativity and clinical finishing from us.

Gray for Marc was correct but no idea why we took Slim off for Kingy. Too negative for my liking...

Archived